Thanks Rich, for keeping the tourney going. We'll see who makes it into Sunday. Amazing with Tiger. He probably should be DQd. Wonder if CBS, who is broadcasting this had anything to do it? They wouldn't be too happy if the Masters ruling committee DQd Tiger and not allowed him to play further. Tiger going for a win brings in big ratings and $$$ for CBS or whoever is doing the broadcast. Especially, for the top golf event of the year.

Tiger intentionally dropped his ball 2 yards back so he would land in front of the pin. To me that is cheating and he should of been DQ'd.

Jack wouldn't of done that.

He's gotten off with the two stroke penalty for two reasons. Firstly, the Masters committee deemed he did not do it intentionally allowing the new rule to come into play. Secondly, they claim they had already made their decision before Tigers post round comments and viewer call ins. However, Tigers post round comments certainly indicate that he did intentionally make his drop 2 yards further back. That definitely is cheating and regardless of what the Masters committee had deemed, Tiger , in the best interests of the game itself and the tournament, should have stepped up to the plate and withdrawn from the competition. If he ends up winning the tournament, it'll definitely be a tainted win for me but even if he doesn't, his continued participation has meant that another other golfer has missed out on an opportunity to play the weekend rounds and collect a paycheck for his efforts.

He's gotten off with the two stroke penalty for two reasons. Firstly, the Masters committee deemed he did not do it intentionally allowing the new rule to come into play. Secondly, they claim they had already made their decision before Tigers post round comments and viewer call ins. However, Tigers post round comments certainly indicate that he did intentionally make his drop 2 yards further back. That definitely is cheating and regardless of what the Masters committee had deemed, Tiger , in the best interests of the game itself and the tournament, should have stepped up to the plate and withdrawn from the competition. If he ends up winning the tournament, it'll definitely be a tainted win for me but even if he doesn't, his continued participation has meant that another other golfer has missed out on an opportunity to play the weekend rounds and collect a paycheck for his efforts.

I don't see what the fuss is about, Woods did not really gain much of an advantage, if any with his drop shot six feet back. But what a shot to hit the pin in the first place.

Edited by JTM

I don't see what the fuss is about, Woods did not really gain much of an advantage, if any with his drop shot six feet back. But what a shot to hit the pin in the first place.

Not to mention what Tiger has done for the game. Love him or hate him.

Sunday of The Masters is a great way to spend a day. Tissues are always handy for me. :)

Not to mention what Tiger has done for the game. Love him or hate him.

Sunday of The Masters is a great way to spend a day. Tissues are always handy for me. :)

So right. Until Tiger came along many, including me rarely if ever watched Golf. His influence has been massive to the game. Roll on the British Open, only a month or so away. Next years Open at the Royal Liverpool Golf Course Hoylake Links [on the Wirral) is only five mins away from me.

But he did gain AN advantage and there in lies the problem. Golf may contain some silly rules to some but they are the rules, they are there for a reason and they should apply to everyone. Still, I'm not going to let this ruin my enjoyment today. I've always been a fan of Tiger on the course ;):lol: I just hope he doesn't win today

2013 MASTERS Thurs Fri Sat Sun
BEST THREE POOL
Chillumpuffer
Justin Rose 70 71 75
Phil Mickelson 71 76 77
Luke Donald 71 72 75
Badgeholder
Brendt Snedecker 70 70 69
Ricky Fowler 68 76 70
Bubba Watson 75 73 70
Jason Duffner 72 69 75
Charles Schwartzel 71 71 75
Ally
Dustin Johnston 67 76 74
Bubba Watson 75 73 70
Rory Mcilroy 72 70 79
Brandt Snedeker 70 70 69
Babs
Justin Rose 70 71 75
Rory McElroy 72 70 79
Bubba Watson 75 73 70
Lee Westwood 70 71 73
Phil Mickelson 71 76 77
Charl Schwartzel 71 71 75
Super Dave
Lee Westwood 70 71 73
Phil Mickelson 71 76 77
Justin Rose 70 71 75
Steve Stircker 73 70 71
Charles Schwartzel 71 71 75
ebk
Phil Mickelson 71 76 77
Brandt Snedeker 70 70 69
Bubba Watson 75 73 70
Rory Mcllroy 72 70 79
Adam Scott 69 72 69
FishHead
Justin Rose 70 71 75
Matt Kuchar 68 75 69
Peter Hanson 72 75 76
Dustin Johnson 67 76 74
Charles Schwatzel 71 71 75
Walter
Matt Kuchar 68 75 69
Rory McIIroy 72 70 79
Justin Rose 70 71 75
Charles Schwatzel 71 71 75
Strider
Rory McIlroy 72 70 79
Phil Mickelson 71 76 77
Justin Rose 70 71 75
Bubba Watson 75 73 70

Not sure who said it...but...

"From Down Under to On top of the World"...

Well done, Adam Scott.

I heard that too. It was a former Aussie golfer on the CBS broadcast, Ian Baker Finch. Someone else, may have been Jim Nantz called him "The Wizard of OZ."

Adam is one of my favorite pros and a real nice guy and very reserved. Actually, met him at the 2006 US Open (Winged Foot) and talked a little bit with him, while getting his autograph.

Edited by SuperDave

CONGRATS! TO ADAM SCOTT, AUSTRALIA AND EBK/WINNER by 8 shots! ........thanks to everyone for playing!
2013 MASTERS BEST THREE POOL
ebk
Brandt Snedeker 70 70 69 75 284
Rory Mcllroy 72 70 79 69 290
Adam Scott 69 72 69 69 279
Ally
Dustin Johnston 67 76 74 70 287
Rory Mcilroy 72 70 79 69 290
Brandt Snedeker 70 70 69 75 284
FishHead
Matt Kuchar 68 75 69 73 285
Dustin Johnson 67 76 74 70 287
Charles Schwatzel 71 71 75 73 290
Badgeholder
Brendt Snedecker 70 70 69 75 284
Jason Duffner 72 69 75 73 289
Charles Schwartzel 71 71 75 73 290
Super Dave
Lee Westwood 70 71 73 71 285
Steve Stircker 73 70 71 75 289
Charles Schwartzel 71 71 75 73 290
Babs
Rory McElroy 72 70 79 69 290
Lee Westwood 70 71 73 71 285
Charl Schwartzel 71 71 75 73 290
Walter
Matt Kuchar 68 75 69 73 285
Rory McIIroy 72 70 79 69 290
Charles Schwatzel 71 71 75 73 290
Strider
Rory McIlroy 72 70 79 69 290
Justin Rose 70 71 75 74 290
Bubba Watson 75 73 70 77 295
Chillumpuffer
Justin Rose 70 71 75 74 290
Phil Mickelson 71 76 77 73 297
Luke Donald 71 72 75 72 290

post-18747-0-55157800-1365994088_thumb.j

It was a great tourney! Cabrera is such a cool guy. Almost won one for us old guys! He seemed genuinely happy for Adam Scott.

Thanks Fishhead for all your work.

It sure was a great tournament. Cabrera and Scott are a couple of classy guy's !

Thanks Fishead . Great job :beer:

Well done Scotty and ebk. I watched all the last days play until my eyes shut as Scotty put his putt an the 18th away. Missed the play off but really enjoyed the days play despite the weather being very English like.

I have decided to stop playing at the moment as I wait on the progress of Mrs CP. It may sound strange to do this but it is a game we like to play together and as my comps are on a Sunday I have removed my name for the time being. When, and only when, that my beloved can swing without pain, then I will be back out there. The weekends are precious and my view is that until such time, then we will go back to what we used to do before I took up the sport which is walking in the peaks

Thanks again goes to Fishy who dedicated his time in setting this up. Next tourney is THE OPEN

My pleasure all...

we'll do it again for the Open and the other two majors after that....If you have any suggestions or thoughts PM me and if we can make this better let's do it...cheers.

I'm really happy for Adam Scott. Seems like a good guy too.

And you know how Steve-O Williams must be loving it, "in your face, Tiger!", haha

Imo, Stevie's the best on the tour. Tiger has to be missing his course knowledge

And you know how Steve-O Williams must be loving it, "in your face, Tiger!", haha

In my opinion, the second-dumbest decision Tiger has made recently...I think it is obvious what his #1 dumbest decision was.

Congratulations to Babs(our original victor) and ebk(our revised pool victor)! It couldn't happen to nicer people. My team has been taken out back and summarily shot for their disgraceful performance.

Congrats to Adam Scott on his first Green Jacket! Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi!

As for the whole Tiger Woods thing, after finally seeing what happened on that 15th hole Friday, I think some of the Tiger-haters are overreacting.

First, considering how great he hit his third shot, he already was assessed a penalty by the Golf Gods when it had the bad fortune of bouncing into Rae's Creek after hitting the pin. Secondly, Tiger lives for the Masters...there is no way he is going to jeopardize a chance to win and risk disqualification by intentionally breaking the rules. Thirdly, nobody in his playing group thought Tiger broke any rule on his drop; nobody among the Augusta officials on the course saw anything wrong with what Tiger did that would warrant a stroke-penalty or DQ.

No, what happened was that some television viewer called in long after the fact and complained. Which would be like Rick watching a Bills or Orioles game and being able to call in and complain about an infraction and having a penalty assessed after-the-fact. In short, it's complete lunacy on the part of the PGA that they allow some schmuck at home to play tattle-tale. The NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, FIFA, F1, NASCAR...nobody else allows such shenanigans on the part of the tv viewer. Why the PGA does is a mystery.

All of you whining that Tiger signed an incorrect scorecard, I beg to differ. The scorecard was correct at the time he signed it; nobody in Tiger's playing group raised objections to Tiger's drop and score at the end of the round, and even a review by the Augusta officials gave the all-clear to Tiger's drop. So his score was correct at the time he signed the card. It wasn't until after, when Bozo the TV-Viewer called in and they assessed the two-stroke penalty the next day, that Tiger's scorecard technically became incorrect.

Sorry, I know Tiger is a polarizing figure now, and many want to see him fail, but he didn't deserve to get a DQ for that...the two-stroke penalty was enough. Which, when you consider the two-strokes he lost on the shot when it went in the water to begin with, meant Tiger lost four strokes on a nearly perfect approach shot to that 15th hole.

Bubba Watson, who is a fan-favourite these days, also thinks the fact some guy can call in from home and have a player penalized is bogus. This was from ESPN.com:

Bubba Watson: Viewer input not OK

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Defending champion Bubba Watson bristled Saturday at the idea a TV viewer can change the course of the Masters by calling in with their observations, saying "it shouldn't be allowed."

Watson, after shooting a third-round 70 on Saturday to climb to 2 over, said unlike the TV viewer who raised the issue of Tiger Woods' ball drop Friday with Masters officials, he wouldn't even know who to call if he saw someone breaking a rule.

"So I don't even know how these people get a number to call," Watson said. "And obviously they got more time on their hands than I do, because I don't know the number and I'm playing in the golf tournament."

Watson said he was glad Rule 33 was adjusted. Masters officials decided to penalize Woods two strokes instead of disqualifying him.

Woods was deemed to have taken an improper drop on the 15th hole during the second round at Augusta National on Friday when his approach shot hit the pin and bounced back into the water.

"It should protect us," Watson said of the rule adjustment. "The sad thing is the high-profile player gets the camera on him at all times. A guy could break a rule and not know he broke the rule. Like me today, there's no cameras on me today, everybody could care less what I was doing."

"So when somebody calls in like that, yeah, it shouldn't be that way, it shouldn't be allowed," Watson said. "Nobody calls in during the a basketball game or a football game." But Watson said TV viewers shouldn't be able to affect how players make rule decisions.

Fred Couples called the rule adjustment "a blessing for every golf pro in the world."

"We all know that we'll get the same ruling if it happens to one of us," said Couples, 1 shot back entering Saturday's round.

Graeme McDowell, who at 5 over missed the cut by 1 shot, tweeted Saturday morning that he agreed with the penalty.

"Take the fact that it was Tiger out of the equation and it is a fair ruling," McDowell posted to Twitter.

Information from ESPN.com's Bob Harig was used in this report.

Edited by Strider