Just swung my clubs in anger for the first time! LOL

Went out in the yard and tried chipping into a bucket.

Took about 50 swings, so it was a start.

I didn't break any windows or injure any small children, so I guess that counts as a win.

Looks like the wicker basket has it's first casualty...Lee Westwood hit it and ball came back off the green about 30 yards or more! Bad luck for sure!

Yeah, what an odd situation . Then again, I'm kinda pumped about the tradition and the fact that the US Open could, for all intents and purposes, be decided by a basket ! I'd love for it to happen on the 18th on Sunday. The fate of it all :lol:

Cheers Ally and my fellow golfers. How is your back now Ally? Should be loosening up now the summer is here?

As frustrating as the game is, get this for sheer disbelief.

Sunday did a 4 ball better ball with a partner. 1 came in. I did the front 9 in 38 gross. Only dropped 2 shots off the back tees too.

Yesterday I took a newbie round to mark his card. Did the back 9 in 42 gross. Gross 80. Net 65.

Why the fuck can I not do that in a Major????

Cheers Ally and my fellow golfers. How is your back now Ally? Should be loosening up now the summer is here?

As frustrating as the game is, get this for sheer disbelief.

Sunday did a 4 ball better ball with a partner. 1 came in. I did the front 9 in 38 gross. Only dropped 2 shots off the back tees too.

Yesterday I took a newbie round to mark his card. Did the back 9 in 42 gross. Gross 80. Net 65.

Why the fuck can I not do that in a Major????

You said it yourself CP, it can be a very frustrating game. It humbled me at the best of times :lol:

The back is coming along thanks. I've started physio and some deep tissue massage but we're still quite a ways off from being strong enough to walk any kind of a distance without having to take a break. Can't see me even walking a course till next season at the earliest

Haven't been on this thread in a while. Just forgot about it.

I'm in the Golf Channel Fantasy League and last week did pretty well. We have 10 of us at work in it and I won last week. My 4th win of the year, but I've had too many bad weeks as I'm only 8th overall with that many wins. What was more amazing was that I had two of my four players cut and picked Justin Rose and Jason Day at 1st and tied for 2nd. I actually finished tied for 27th on the entire Golf Channel Pool out of over 34,000 entrants. Not bad! Can't expect this too often!

Haven't been on this thread in a while. Just forgot about it.

I'm in the Golf Channel Fantasy League and last week did pretty well. We have 10 of us at work in it and I won last week. My 4th win of the year, but I've had too many bad weeks as I'm only 8th overall with that many wins. What was more amazing was that I had two of my four players cut and picked Justin Rose and Jason Day at 1st and tied for 2nd. I actually finished tied for 27th on the entire Golf Channel Pool out of over 34,000 entrants. Not bad! Can't expect this too often!

Well done Super Dave :thumbsup: With the British Open coming up in a few weeks, I'd say both Justin Rose and Jason Day would be good picks again :yesnod: .

Well done Super Dave :thumbsup: With the British Open coming up in a few weeks, I'd say both Justin Rose and Jason Day would be good picks again :yesnod: .

Agreed! Justin is doing well again this week at the tourney in Connecticut. Currently tied for 8th, but it's winding down with Bubba in the lead!

• 4 weeks later...

It's THE OPEN from the treacherous links of Muirfield starting tomorrow. Tight fairways, rough like Plants hair and as dry as a nuns crotch. Tough, tough, tough.

My picks for this tourney are:

Justin Rose

Big Phil

Graeme Mcdowell

Outside bet

Luke Donald

Two players who may not make the cut are

Tiger - he can prowl the rough for the last 2 days

Rory

Sorry guys too wayward on what it is a brutal track

Forecast - excellent for the first 2 days, maybe some low cloud for the weekend and a breeze from the North West. If that happens it could be carnage

It's THE OPEN from the treacherous links of Muirfield starting tomorrow. Tight fairways, rough like Plants hair and as dry as a nuns crotch. Tough, tough, tough.

My picks for this tourney are:

Justin Rose

Big Phil

Graeme Mcdowell

Outside bet

Luke Donald

Two players who may not make the cut are

Tiger - he can prowl the rough for the last 2 days

Rory

Like those choices CP . I'd add Jason Day into the mix too

I picked Luke Donald as one of my four. Not off to a good start as he is 8 over.

If there's one tournament that can have major swings in scoring, it's The Open. I still like Luke Donald's chances of being in the hunt on Sunday