Yeah, we're doing alright down here. Mrs. Walter is about a third of the way through her initial treatments and, so far, things are going pretty well.

I haven't seen a post from fishhead since around the US Open last year....I see he was last active last month though. Hmmmm.

Yeah, CP, I'm picking similar to you...

Jason Day

Adam Scott

Matt Kuchar

Justin Rose

Phil Mickelson

I like Fowler, but he can never seem to put 4 solid rounds together...

Of course sleepers to watch always seem to include Angel Cabrerra, Miguel Jimenez, and Fred Couples.

Bubba played a very solid last round, job well done. I thought that someone would've made a run at him with some birdies on the back nine, but that's what happens when you have young guys/old guys/non-major winning guys all in a pack.

Couples being up there wasn't a surprise at all - he has consistently been on the leaderboard going into Sunday the past few years. I was surprised by the lack of international competitors being up there on the weekend though....

• 1 month later...

Hope Fowler can put some heat on Kaymer and make things interesting tomorrow. I didn't know until yesterday that the women's US Open is also being played at Pinehurst - next week - which is the reason the greens are so attackable this week. They couldn't be stressed as much as usual and still be tournament ready for next week.

COMPTON!!

+1 :yesnod:

I had heard his story a few years back, but didn't remember his name....I wasn't able to watch any golf yesterday due to a family commitment that ran late. Si I didn't realize it was him, until this morning. Great kid, great story!

• 4 weeks later...

My picks for The Open which tees off tomorrow:

Graeme Mcdowell

Justin Rose

Jason Day

Outside bet Tiger. He won this when it was last at Hoylake. Kept his driver in the bag. If he is fit and focused he may do well.

The new lad Jordan Speith. I think he will find the links course a wake up call playing in testing conditions. Believe me if the forecast is correct, then it may spill over into another day. Thunder is on the cards from Friday onwards and it will be HOT