Monty Python team set for film reunion with Absolutely Anything

weslgarlic

The Monty Python team is set to reunite for the cinema screen for the first time since 1983, according to a report in Variety magazine.Terry Jones, director of Life of Brian and The Meaning of Life, as well as co-director (with Terry Gilliam) of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, is to helm a "sci-fi farce" called Absolutely Anything. The other Pythons are being lined up to voice the roles of a group of aliens who endow an earthling with the power to do "absolutely anything".Sporadic attempts at a Python film reunion have been made since their cinema career as a group ended. All surviving Pythons bar Eric Idle participated in the recent A Liar's Autobiography, an adaptation of the book by former Python Graham Chapman, who died in 1989, and his long-term partner, David Sherlock.

But in a recent interview for the Guardian, Terry Gilliam cast doubt on whether a reunion would ever be successfully achieved. "We all have our own careers now … the BBC put us on 10 years ago, and it was an hour of mediocrity … the work wasn't what it should be."Jones's directorial career hit the buffers after 1996's The Wind in the Willows with Steve Coogan; he was reportedly upset at its treatment by its distributors in the UK and US and decided to concentrate on TV, writing and opera instead.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/jan/27/monty-python-film-reunion-absolutely-anything

get ready for the Spam jokes

Could be good, could be meh.

I saw that documentary "A Liar's Autobiography", and was slightly disappointed. It wasn't as good as it should have been. A reunion without any of the members is always going to feel incomplete, so no Graham Chapman already dampens my expectations.

You created that possibility yourself, my friend. No one would make any jokes/comments if it weren't for the fact that you spam all the time.

my posts give you something to moan about , maybe because you have nothing to say about the thread subject itself ?

I agree, Strider.

I watched ALA and found it to be less than Python's best & unlike their other films, probably, will not watch it again.

I suppose the problem was that it was a lie that it was a lie...methinks.

HOWEVER

MPTQFTHG ISSSSSSSSSSSS - IMO - the funnest film EVER made

& some of the scenes from TMOL

are the funniest bits...EVER.

LOB to phuckin' cool.

Alas, moi hast been "Blacklisted" by PythonOnline sooooo...no gig for Tor.

post-24930-0-04706000-1364035688_thumb.j

What I always found was that Monty Python were very popular in Canada, but in America, they didn't get it for some reason. Monty Python were the best

Balderdash! You must have been looking in the wrong places...maybe even the wrong America, of which Canada is a part, if I'm not mistaken.

Monty Python were plenty popular in the U.S. There were plenty of us Yanks who got it, thank you very much. You don't sell out four nights at the Hollywood Bowl if you're not 'popular'. Boy, was that show a much-needed tonic of levity after Bonzo's death.

Every time I go to a Monty Python screening, it is packed. There are plenty of United States citizens who can recite chapter and verse from the "Holy Grail". You'll find the complete Monty Python's Flying Circus DVD box set in many comedy aficionados home in the U.S.

Not popular in the U.S.? You know what I say to that? "NI!"

What I always found was that Monty Python were very popular in Canada, but in America, they didn't get it for some reason. Monty Python were the best

Hey,Chuck E. Cheese,

Then why was "Monty Pythons Flying Circus" shown on PBS?And the stupid Americans watched it before going out before we pillaged and raid for spam?

Nor did we eat up on the movies,no, not us!

"That's the Messiah?"

Archived