Are you brave enough?

TypeO

Just ran across this on Facebook.

It's called the Sommerrodelbahn Alpine Coaster in Mieders, Austria.

It's over a mile long (although the video is almost 4 minutes long, and appears to cover a whole lot more than a single mile) and reportedly hits speeds up to 56 mph.

It big enough for a single adult, or maybe squeezing on a kid as in this picture.

2949129642_96ff45353e_z.jpg

As a bit of a roller coaster enthusiast, I would SO ride this, and I think I've found an addition to my own Bucket List.

Fantastic.

I'd love to ride that!

Years ago I worked on the construction of the "Corkscrew" rollercoaster at Seaworld on the Gold Coast here,it was one of the best jobs I've had.When it was time for the test run we filled up a number of thick plastic bags with sand,each one being roughly the weight of a body and placed them in the seats,then sent the cars around.When the cars arrived back in the station after a couple of runs with the bags still in the seats it was out with the sandbags and a fight for each worker to get a seat.

Good times and a great ride.

A little clarification I've discovered.

Where the video says NO BRAKES, the author meant he didn't use the brakes for the length of the ride, but the cart IS equipped with brakes, answering the question of what happens at the end of the course.

I think I'd like to try it as he did - no brakes throughout until necessary at the end, to get the maximum speed out of the run.

That looks fab, I'd give that a bash.

There's also this....a mile long zip wire in Wales, 80 mph and 700 ft above ground

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/milelong-zip-wire-opens-in-north-wales-offering-thrillseekers-an-80mph-ride-700ft-above-the-ground-8544226.html

OK, checkmate.

I love the speed, but I'm pretty scared of heights.

Not sure I could pull that off.

That would be a challenge.

Just ran across this on Facebook.

It's called the Sommerrodelbahn Alpine Coaster in Mieders, Austria.

It's over a mile long (although the video is almost 4 minutes long, and appears to cover a whole lot more than a single mile) and reportedly hits speeds up to 56 mph.

It big enough for a single adult, or maybe squeezing on a kid as in this picture.

2949129642_96ff45353e_z.jpg

As a bit of a roller coaster enthusiast, I would SO ride this, and I think I've found an addition to my own Bucket List.

that just looks so unsafe - just a seat belt holding you in? and she is going to hold a child on there? can't believe it's allowed.

that just looks so unsafe - just a seat belt holding you in? and she is going to hold a child on there? can't believe it's allowed.

She'll be comin' round the mountain when she comes!! :^)

Archived