Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
kaztor (slight return)

THE METAL THREAD!

Nice.

Huge Ghost fan.

Papa III !!!

I'm sure you've seen this, but this is a truly awesome live video -

^ BLASPHEMY!!!

Just kidding, could not resist.

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the mighty W.A.S.P. yet on this thread; for my money, they (or rather, Blackie Lawless to be more specific) have been one of the best metal acts around, very often the most inventive and imaginative as well the most underrated of the big 1980's bands still going. They've always been tagged as a 'hair metal' band but anyone who's listened to 1989's monstrous The Headless Children - one of the very best metal albums of that entire decade - or 1992's emotionally affecting concept album The Crimson Idol will tell you there was real depth and maturity there under the bravado, Blackie Lawless always seemed to adhere to the 'ever onward' approach to music, meaning virtually no two W.A.S.P. albums are the same, often taking surprising and unexpected turns, and sometimes even radically different to what came before (like 1997's feral and genuinely unsettling K.F.D. album). It's this almost avant-garde approach that I think throws some people off regarding W.A.S.P. in that they can't quite get just what kind of metal band they are specifically, and that's why the catalogue holds up remarkably well today, sure Lawless has a tendency to repeat and regurgitate some licks and riffs, but when he's on fire - like 2004's The Neon God, Part 1: The Rise - the man is downright brilliant at what he does...

Whilst I still love Maiden's 1980's canon, the rest of the big metal bands have kinda faded away for me over time, Zeppelin is where it's at for me now and for the forseeable future, but I've never lost my love for W.A.S.P. and listening back to some of their albums over the weekend, I was really surprised at just how GOOD many of them still were, and would recommend anyone who hasn't given them a whirl to do so...

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the mighty W.A.S.P. yet on this thread; for my money, they (or rather, Blackie Lawless to be more specific) have been one of the best metal acts around, very often the most inventive and imaginative as well the most underrated of the big 1980's bands still going. They've always been tagged as a 'hair metal' band but anyone who's listened to 1989's monstrous The Headless Children - one of the very best metal albums of that entire decade - or 1992's emotionally affecting concept album The Crimson Idol will tell you there was real depth and maturity there under the bravado, Blackie Lawless always seemed to adhere to the 'ever onward' approach to music, meaning virtually no two W.A.S.P. albums are the same, often taking surprising and unexpected turns, and sometimes even radically different to what came before (like 1997's feral and genuinely unsettling K.F.D. album). It's this almost avant-garde approach that I think throws some people off regarding W.A.S.P. in that they can't quite get just what kind of metal band they are specifically, and that's why the catalogue holds up remarkably well today, sure Lawless has a tendency to repeat and regurgitate some licks and riffs, but when he's on fire - like 2004's The Neon God, Part 1: The Rise - the man is downright brilliant at what he does...

Whilst I still love Maiden's 1980's canon, the rest of the big metal bands have kinda faded away for me over time, Zeppelin is where it's at for me now and for the forseeable future, but I've never lost my love for W.A.S.P. and listening back to some of their albums over the weekend, I was really surprised at just how GOOD many of them still were, and would recommend anyone who hasn't given them a whirl to do so...

yes a underrated band...

I`m on a Korn binge myself having a ballsy time...

anyone else like these bands:

In Flames

Soil Work

Nile

Fear Factory

Chimaira

Satyricon

Job For A Cowboy

Dimmu Borgir

Orchid

graveyard

soulfly

I`m a fan...

My nephew and the Death metal band he growls for are supporting HELLYEAH tomorrow night in Brisbane.

I'm proud for them and fucking stoked!

post-1183-0-56304200-1440632948_thumb.jp

The latest from Brisbane,Australia's death metal kings "In Death".:nuke: