Before and After the Show

ListenToThis

I believe I shit myself at the April 10th, 77" Chicago show! Amazing performance and if anyone knows where I can score a boot I would be most appreciative. I would love to relive those memories.

I need to wear brown trousers every time i hear anything from the '73 tour - zep at their peak!:)

I believe I shit myself at the April 10th, 77" Chicago show! Amazing performance and if anyone knows where I can score a boot I would be most appreciative. I would love to relive those memories.

Page came out that night with something to prove! My friend and I took the super 8 footage from that evening. The recording I've heard from this show is a sludgey and muddy. It'd be great to have a soundboard of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Having friends who got hooked on smack, I can tell you it makes a person very anti-social. It is sad what happened to them by '77. I always think of the recording of Zep III and how they went up to the cottage at Bron-Yr-Aur and just hung out with each other and made great music. How I wish the hard drugs never came into their camp.

This. From the unbelievable sonic fury of their shows in 72 and 73, to the almost dinosaurian sledge fests of 77... even the 75 shows are erratic, for different reasons. A friend of mine says he thinks Page spent all of 1974 holed up in a castle doing smack and it killed his playing for the next several years.

Then again, ever picked up a real Gibson Double-neck? Those things arent exactly featherweight, he's a small guy, and he was swinging that thing around like a toy. Painkillers maybe...

Archived