WYSP In Philadelphia playing O2 show this w/e

Mmm..not sure about that. I can't imagine he'd upload to the bit torrents in a lossy format....

Maybe someone else has taken the audio and compressed in other circles....not sure...

They were uploaded to rapidshare, actually. I don't do torrents, as they just are too much a pain in the ass.

BTW, does it make much difference if the audio is compressed a bit for audience recordings?

Said it before and I'll say it again, this drop tuning on D&C makes it sound so completely devilish and hellspawn.

This is another case of things almost devolving into chaos musically after the bow solo. JPJ rescues it.

Stairway is pure genius. With the slower tempo and dropped tuning, like I said before. it sounds like an epilogue to the great novel that the original was. It's like a reprise of the song from the highlight of a great opera. It feels like Boys II Men singing, "Although we've come to the end of the road, still I can't let go...it's so natural, you belong to me, I belong to you."

(that Boys II Men comment is totally appropriate as it's a Philly station playing this ;))

Stairway is pure genius. With the slower tempo and dropped tuning, like I said before. it sounds like an epilogue to the great novel that the original was. It's like a reprise of the song from the highlight of a great opera. It feels like Boys II Men singing, "Although we've come to the end of the road, still I can't let go...it's so natural, you belong to me, I belong to you."

(that Boys II Men comment is totally appropriate as it's a Philly station playing this ;))

I liked that Jimmy did the solo off the record basically, very clean.

Classic Rock radio seems to be all about "The Morning Show"... and joke and humor routines.....

As familiar as that may be to most of you kids.... I remember the day when FM Rock radio was all about THE MUSIC, with no time for loud in your face obnoxious commercials..... A shelter from the "Commercial" world.... No More !!!

That Stairway was sweet ! !

TSRTS ! !

Classic Rock radio seems to be all baout "The Morning Show"... and joke and humor routines.....

As familiar as that may be to most of you kids.... I remember the day when FM Rock radio was all about THE MUSIC, with no time for loud in your face obnoxious commercials..... A shelter from the "Commercial" world.... No More !!!

That Stairway was sweet ! !

TSRTS ! !

Yeah, I always wondered why they even have DJ's, just play the music. Good thing for satellite radio !

Kashmir is fantastic. TSRTS left me wanting the first time I heard it and it still does. That's one that didn't work in the drop tuning. Same with GTBT and Ramble On.

FYI, this 100 percent is slowburn's source now that I heard that hearty "WhooaaaHoHoHooooo" between the end of TSRTS and the start of Kashmir ;)

'slowburn' is infamously famous now !!

To get what is considered by many, the most anticipated reunion show, on a broadcast like this.....what an event to be excited about....I feel a bit of giddyness about it too.....:D

The whole thing is quite amazing really, I'd love to know how this whole thing went down at WYSP. Must have been put together quickly since they had no idea a complete bootleg would be out so soon, and the first I heard of this was Friday night, just four days after the show. Hats off to Slowburn and WYSP ! Very cool.

To get what is considered by many, the most anticipated reunion show, on a broadcast like this.....what an event to be excited about....I feel a bit of giddyness about it too.....:D

:cheer:I feel just like a little school girl ! ! :cheer:

After listening to that magnanimous live version of "Kashmir".....

I have to laugh, when I think of all the radio stations that will continue to play the studio version of "Kashmir", and think that they're 'doing us a favor' !!

The live version of "Kashmir" absolutely rocks the studio version out of the water ! !

If American Radio had any edge left to it..... it would ALWAYS play this live version of "Kashmir", and --never-- let the old studio version out again.....

But those morons running American radio don't know a good song from a great one ! And they think they're doing us a favor !! Ha !!

LIVE "KASHMIR" ROCKS ALL OF THE UNIVERSE ! ! ! ! !

The whole thing is quite amazing really, I'd love to know how this whole thing went down at WYSP. Must have been put together quickly since they had no idea a complete bootleg would be out so soon, and the first I heard of this was Friday night, just four days after the show. Hats off to Slowburn and WYSP ! Very cool.

Slowburn's source started floating around a little more than 24 hours after the show. THAT is efficiency and dedication.

When you listened to slowburn's recording (I have since confirmed that my copy is slowburn's), did you get some incredibly booming bass? I mean so much that it reverberated to the point where you needed to turn it down? I listened yesterday for the first time on my home stereo (previously only on computer speakers) and was dissapointed with the sound, especially the bass.

Slowburn's source started floating around a little more than 24 hours after the show. THAT is efficiency and dedication.

No doubt...doesnt get much better than that..and the quality was pretty darn good imo. Cant wait for an official release to crank up in all its glory.

Archived