Plant's 2013 Setlist Nearly All Zep

Nice to hear a great "faithful" version of "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp. As with other Zep tunes he's doing(nearly the entire set), he seems to be circling back to original arrangements unlike many previous "interpretations" from recent tours like the Band Of Joy tour wherein some of the arrangements seemingly tried to be different for the sake of being different. I have wishfull thinking that he is doing this to warm up for a '14 road trip with the Capricorns.

Nice to hear a great "faithful" version of "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp. As with other Zep tunes he's doing(nearly the entire set), he seems to be circling back to original arrangements unlike many previous "interpretations" from recent tours like the Band Of Joy tour wherein some of the arrangements seemingly tried to be different for the sake of being different. I have wishfull thinking that he is doing this to warm up for a '14 road trip with the Capricorns.

I saw Robert at Jazz Fest in New Orleans in May of 2011 with BOJ.

Then I saw him with TSSS in Clarksdale, MS in August of last year.

I loved both shows, but I love TSSS work more.

To me, in his TSSS collaboration he has clearly taken a darker, edgier turn in his sound and has intensified his swagger.

I don't know what motivates his choices other than I think the man is clearly enjoying his musical choices!

In Clarksdale, "Stomp" was a huge crowd favorite also! What a great song to experience live!

I just love that Robert is rockin' out no matter his reasons! :)

Peace!

When I saw the Space Shifters in Clarksdale they only played four Zeppelin tunes. Of the four Whole Lotta Love was a heavily altered version in a medley and Black Dog was that slow country-ish version he has been playing in recent years. The only original sounding tunes were Friends and Bron-Y-Aur Stomp. I'm not upset about the show by any means because it was awesome. Just wonder why all of a sudden he has made such a big shift back towards Zeppelin tunes. I'd also like to see him bring back some solo classics to his setlists like In The Mood, Big Log, Ship Of Fools, Tall Cool One and others.

In Clarksdale, "Stomp" was a huge crowd favorite also! What a great song to experience live!

I clapped louder than anyone. You probably heard me, I was totally rockin' it.

I saw Robert at Jazz Fest in New Orleans in May of 2011 with BOJ.

Then I saw him with TSSS in Clarksdale, MS in August of last year.

I loved both shows, but I love TSSS work more.

To me, in his TSSS collaboration he has clearly taken a darker, edgier turn in his sound and has intensified his swagger.

I don't know what motivates his choices other than I think the man is clearly enjoying his musical choices!

I just love that Robert is rockin' out no matter his reasons! :)

Peace!

I just rreally wish he would be the old Robert

In a perfect world for me as a Zep fan(well nearly perfect), I wish Robert would do what somebody like Neil Young does. Every so often he cranks it up with Crazy Horse, does a solo record and tour, does a Buffalo Springfield tour, etc. That's what frustrates me with seeing clips of tunes like "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp" live done that faithfully, Jimmy should be the one in the band next to him(at least sometimes) on acoustic guitar.

Archived