Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony

What song do you guess Rush will play???

I think Rush will play "Tom Sawyer", "Spirit of Radio" and/or "Limelight" and maybe "Subdivisions" (not necessarily in that order). Of course Rush has at least 100 songs to choose from so I am looking forward to the ceremony and what songs They do end up playing.

Congratulations to Geddy, Alex and Neil!!! It's been a long time coming

I believe Heart (or Wilson sisters) still live here in Seattle, maybe I will be on same flight as them. :flying:

Rush is supposedly going to play about 6 numbers, 3 of which to be televised on HBO in May. Alex gave up in an interview they plan to play Tom Sawyer, The Spirit of Radio, and YYZ. I would love to hear something from the new CD, Clockwork Angels. The Anarchist would be a dream come true but I think that The Garden would totally blow everyone's mind.

Not that it really matters, but it does irk me when someone asks a legitimate question, only to be given "mock" answers.

Although I Love every song Rush has made up to, say, Power Windows, I am not that ignorant to answer a valid question with an inane answer. I love "By-Tor and the Snow Dog" and "I Think I Am Going Bald" but even the simple and less informed Rush fans know that these two songs would never be played by Rush when being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. (I could be very wrong but I doubt it).

If your answers are made to be a joke, then say so, because if not, then I think that You are the Joke.

My answers were given in the 5th post. I do not think that I am too far off the mark here.

Not that it really matters, but it does irk me when someone asks a legitimate question, only to be given "mock" answers.

Although I Love every song Rush has made up to, say, Power Windows, I am not that ignorant to answer a valid question with an inane answer. I love "By-Tor and the Snow Dog" and "I Think I Am Going Bald" but even the simple and less informed Rush fans know that these two songs would never be played by Rush when being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. (I could be very wrong but I doubt it).

If your answers are made to be a joke, then say so, because if not, then I think that You are the Joke.

My answers were given in the 5th post. I do not think that I am too far off the mark here.

<_< I am pretty sure the jokes are obvious, I think it's time to take things a little less serious...

GGGGEEEEEEEESSSSSSUUUUUUUSSSSSSS KZ.....Does anyone remember laughter.....sorry to piss you off......I can;t speak for Strider but I was having a little fun........Ok, I am not sure what they played last night but I would say YYZ has to be one as an ode to their and my hometown.......peace,,,,

Thank you, king wet-blanket, for raining on everyone's parade as usual. Everyone else got the joke...except you. Again.

Finally, it was time for the band that the audience had been shouting for all night long, and no one was as excited as Grohl and Hawkins. Grohl grew red-faced shouting his praise. "Rock & roll has forever been ensconced in mystery," he said. "But there's one mystery that surely eclipses them all: When the fuck did Rush become cool? . . . Their legacy is that of a band that stayed true to themselves no matter how uncool they seemed to anyone. Rush have always been cool! Consider this mystery solved and it's our honor to finally induct Rush into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame."

"We've been saying for a long time, for years, that this isn't a big deal," Peart said. "Turns out it kind of is."

Hawkins and Grohl then emerged from the darkness in their Rush kimonos, and slammed through a segment of "2112," gradually joined by Rush themselves. The trio played triumphant versions of "Tom Sawyer" and "The Spirit of Radio," and it became hard to remember why it was ever a question whether these guys belonged in the Hall. "Thank you so very much," said Geddy Lee.

Too bad that Rush did not play "By-Tor and the Snow Dog" or "I Think I'm Going Bald". Two great songs that were obviously over-looked by the members of Rush themselves.

Thank you, king wet-blanket, for raining on everyone's parade as usual. Everyone else got the joke...except you. Again.

You can "mock" me all you want. Calling me, king wet-blanket, only proves my point that You are a Childish person. I could not give an "F" what anyone thinks of me. You and everyone else who makes jabs at me do not know me as a person, so why should your childish and sarcastic and snide remarks even bother me? They do not. I could care less what people I will never meet, think about about me.

I care more about Myself, my Family and the things that I really mean things to me. Any negative comments from anonymous strangers on this Great website, mean nothing to me.

Save your negativity for someone that might take offense. I don't. I think that you are a miserable old man who has little to live for but to make fun of, or mock other peoples comments who seem to "Shake Your Tree".

http://youtu.be/g2-l6tg2TAk

You can "mock" me all you want. Calling me, king wet-blanket, only proves my point that You are a Childish person. I could not give an "F" what anyone thinks of me. You and everyone else who makes jabs at me do not know me as a person, so why should your childish and sarcastic and snide remarks even bother me? They do not. I could care less what people I will never meet, think about about me.

I care more about Myself, my Family and the things that I really mean things to me. Any negative comments from anonymous strangers on this Great website, mean nothing to me.

Save your negativity for someone that might take offense. I don't. I think that you are a miserable old man who has little to live for but to make fun of, or mock other peoples comments who seem to "Shake Your Tree".

:rolleyes: Get a load of this guy...

Alex remembers laughter........

:lol: Yes...but does he remember forests?

Thanks for that, Rich...I'd never seen it before.

:rolleyes: Get a load of this guy...

Careful...no mocking the king (who apparently doesn't remember laughter). ;)

I had dinner with Alex once at a golf tournament called "Golfapalooza" at the Angus Glen Golf and Country Club just outside of Toronto. He was a great guy and answered all my/our questions that we could muster about guitars/amps/RUSH/tours etc. They were getting ready to do the RIO gig and eventual dvd and he was telling us about the trek to get all the gear down to South America...It was fascinating.

I asked him if he ever got sick of guys like me asking him what guitars/amps he used on what songs in the studio and other questions like that. He said never....He said he owed that to the people that loved and bought his music and that it was the least he could do for the fans of RUSH. He then said, "but after I finish eating dinner with you guys, I am going to hang out with Lee Janzen and we're gonna watch some comedies in the players lounge and hang out and probably not mention music or golf at all.

He could not have been a nicer guy!....At this tournament, the entry gift was a low end Takimine acoustic guitar for each golfer. Our foursome got Alex to autograph each of our guitars which he did gladly. And he was a funny guy as you can tell in the TPB clip...ciao...fishy

I had dinner with Alex once at a golf tournament called "Golfapalooza" at the Angus Glen Golf and Country Club just outside of Toronto. He was a great guy and answered all my/our questions that we could muster about guitars/amps/RUSH/tours etc. They were getting ready to do the RIO gig and eventual dvd and he was telling us about the trek to get all the gear down to South America...It was fascinating.

I asked him if he ever got sick of guys like me asking him what guitars/amps he used on what songs in the studio and other questions like that. He said never....He said he owed that to the people that loved and bought his music and that it was the least he could do for the fans of RUSH. He then said, "but after I finish eating dinner with you guys, I am going to hang out with Lee Janzen and we're gonna watch some comedies in the players lounge and hang out and probably not mention music or golf at all.

He could not have been a nicer guy!....At this tournament, the entry gift was a low end Takimine acoustic guitar for each golfer. Our foursome got Alex to autograph each of our guitars which he did gladly. And he was a funny guy as you can tell in the TPB clip...ciao...fishy

Great story fishy...one to tell your grandkids...or the fellas at the 19th Hole.

I'd love to see Alex and Alice Cooper play each other in a match-play tournament. Who do you reckon would win?

Great story fishy...one to tell your grandkids...or the fellas at the 19th Hole.

I'd love to see Alex and Alice Cooper play each other in a match-play tournament. Who do you reckon would win?

Did some research Stider...Alice plays to a 7....

.... and here is a quote about Alex's game from PGA'er Rocco mediate in 2010...Mediate, who famously tangled with Tiger Woods in an 18-hole playoff at the 2008 U.S. Open, is a big music fan. He is also a close friend of Alex Lifeson, the Toronto-bred guitarist for the rock band Rush. And Mediate admires the acclaimed trio so much that this week he’ll be a rare sight among PGA types. Not currently under contract to sport the obligatory logo of a sponsor on his cap, he’ll pull on headwear bearing the logo of Lifeson’s band. 'I absolutely would trade my job for Alex’s. Tomorrow,' said Mediate, 47. 'He still loves what he does...and he’s a psycho golfer. Psycho. He plays literally every day...He’s probably about an eight handicap now, which isn’t bad.'.

I also read an article where Alex was saying that when he is in LA he golfs with Jerry Cantrell....not sure of JC's handicap....(What did I just type lol)....anyway, I do know that Alex is a member at Coppinwood G&C northeast above Toronto and probably a few other courses. I have played Coppinwood once with my bass player pal who is also a member along with Alex. My pal has said he has gone to the practice range and walked past Alex who was hitting balls with his grandchildren. Time flies.......I just wish my Titleist would lol...cheers.

Yeah, you've really convinced us that you don't care what people think about you! :blink:

Archived