RIP Margaret Thatcher

Zepphile

From Gerry Adams

<“Margaret Thatcher did great hurt to the Irish and British people during her time as British Prime Minister,” Adams said. "Working class communities were devastated in Britain because of her policies.

"Her role in international affairs was equally belligerent whether in support of the Chilean dictator Pinochet, her opposition to sanctions against apartheid South Africa; and her support for the Khmer Rouge. Here in Ireland her espousal of old draconian militaristic policies prolonged the war and caused great suffering.

"She embraced censorship, collusion and the killing of citizens by covert operations, including the targeting of solicitors like Pat Finucane, alongside more open military operations and refused to recognise the rights of citizens to vote for parties of their choice.

"Her failed efforts to criminalise the republican struggle and the political prisoners is part of her legacy. It should be noted that in complete contradiction of her public posturing, she authorised a back channel of communications with the Sinn Féin leadership but failed to act on the logic of this. Unfortunately she was faced with weak Irish governments who failed to oppose her securocrat agenda or to enlist international support in defence of citizens in the north.

"Margaret Thatcher will be especially remembered for her shameful role during the epic hunger strikes of 1980 and 81. Her Irish policy failed miserably.">

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/adams-thatcher-did-great-hurt-to-irish-people-590577.html

The day I pay a mite of attention to terrorist scum like Gerry Adams is the day I give up on life.

Citation/reference please?

Got the text of the interview bookmarked somewhere, but buggered if I can find it right now. Really must get all this stuff in order sometime.

For now, I can only offer this:

38657_419663606297_2268104_n_zps590b9ff5

It only makes sense he voted for Thatcher, why would Jimmy Page want to give 90% of his wealth to Heath? Page earned it, not Heath or anyone who voted for Heath who felt they were entitled to 90% of Page's wealth. He rightly so voted for Thatcher because it was the right thing to do because she lowered the rate from 90% to something much more moderate.

It only makes sense he voted for Thatcher, why would Jimmy Page want to give 90% of his wealth to Heath? Page earned it, not Heath or anyone who voted for Heath who felt they were entitled to 90% of Page's wealth. He rightly so voted for Thatcher because it was the right thing to do because she lowered the rate from 90% to something much more moderate.

Heath wasn't the opposition, he was a previous Conservative PM, who Jimmy also liked. The alternative in 1979 would have been to vote for Callaghan.

It was, in fact, 98% at the time - 83% top rate of income tax, plus 15% investment income surcharge. Small wonder LZ members went to live overseas for a time to avoid the punitive rate of tax.

It was, in fact, 98% at the time - 83% top rate of income tax, plus 15% investment income surcharge. Small wonder LZ members went to live overseas for a time to avoid the punitive rate of tax.

Just ask George Harrison (if he were alive)

Tax grabbing pricks.

Heath wasn't the opposition, he was a previous Conservative PM, who Jimmy also liked. The alternative in 1979 would have been to vote for Callaghan.

Heath was a completely odious man. Wonder what made Jimmy believe in him.

The British Empire caused far more destruction to the world than some Irish militants did. We're all still dealing with the fallout from the disastrous colonialist policies of the British Empire today, in the Middle East, Ireland and elsewhere. I know this might seem like a tangent, but if people are going to condemn Irish nationalists, I'm going to point out that the British have exploited, divided and oppressed people all over the world, over more than a hundred years, and the fallout reverberates.

Is that the interview where Jimmy said he voted Tory because "you have to look after the money, don't you" or words to that effect? He sounded more like a pragmatist than a true believer.

It's not like Jimmy was the only British entertainer to become a tax exile in those days. Does anyone believe that any thinking person in his position would vote FOR the people who supported such ridiculous rates? I don't see this as a big surprise, with the caveat that I'm not an expert on the affairs of our friends across the pond...

The British Empire caused far more destruction to the world than some Irish militants did. We're all still dealing with the fallout from the disastrous colonialist policies of the British Empire today, in the Middle East, Ireland and elsewhere. I know this might seem like a tangent, but if people are going to condemn Irish nationalists, I'm going to point out that the British have exploited, divided and oppressed people all over the world, over more than a hundred years, and the fallout reverberates.

Take it to another thread because it's off-topic in this one.

This post is clearly in response to my condemnation of Gerry Adams. (incidentally, just to keep it on topic, this terrorist tried to murder Thatcher too - Google the Brighton Bombing). If you are going to support a modern-day terrorist by comparing to historical injustices, I pity you . What Adams did to the people of my country IN MY LIFETIME was terrorism at it's worst, and yet strangely the people of New York have never held a minute's silence for any of it. We're only supposed to loathe terrorists when they attack America. Sickening.

It's not like Jimmy was the only British entertainer to become a tax exile in those days. Does anyone believe that any thinking person in his position would vote FOR the people who supported such ridiculous rates? I don't see this as a big surprise, with the caveat that I'm not an expert on the affairs of our friends across the pond...

But he DID vote for them. I think he and Heath had other interests in common. And it's quite understandable - I'm no expert on yours either, but opinions are always good in the mix ;)

Aside from the Northern Ireland politics that I cannot be arsed to mention, but she was responsable for my dad losing his job in the early 80's. With a house, 2 young kiddies and bills etc...it was a nightmare, so therefore I won't be shedding a tear, mind you it's happening all over again with these useless Billy Bunter Horray Henry" tossers.

David "Thatcher Mark 2" Cameron

Archived