The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

R.I.P. Joe Garagiola...Ken Howard aka "The White Shadow"...Johan Cruyff.

And late yesterday I was blindsided by the news that Gary Shandling passed away. The Gary Shandling Show and the even more brilliant Larry Sanders Show (Gary, Rip Torn, and Jeffrey Tambor were comic gold) were part of my must-see TV of that time. Everything from "The Office" (both Brit and US versions) to "Curb Your Enthusiasm" to half the content on YouTube and the Upright Citizens Brigade schedule owes a debt to Gary Shandling. Rest in peace Gary Shandling. You gave us a million laughs in the dark of night.

Sober fact...three of the gentlemen in this clip are now dead.

Edited by Strider

10 hours ago, slave to zep said:

R.I.P.  Ronnie corbet :(:(

Absolutely gutted by this news! Though 85 is a 'great innings', his death has really hit me as hard as David Bowie's and Martin Crowe's deaths! Such talent! We seem to be losing so many legends this year! :tears:

Here is one of my favourite clips:

Immeasurable sadness hearing the news about Merle Haggard's passing...on his birthday no less. :(

Goddammit. Almost all the authentic country greats are gone now. Only Willie, Loretta, Kris, and Jerry Lee remain.

Rest in peace, Merle. You will be missed.

12961656_10153360425996744_4190968368910

Edited by Strider

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2016 at 4:20 PM, Strider said:

Immeasurable sadness hearing the news about Merle Haggard's passing...on his birthday no less. :(

Goddammit. Almost all the authentic country greats are gone now. Only Willie, Loretta, Kris, and Jerry Lee remain.

Rest in peace, Merle. You will be missed.

12961656_10153360425996744_4190968368910

Have you heard Sturgill Simpson?  He's the real deal!