The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

Death does not take a holiday.

All attention is going to Carrie Fisher naturally...she was Princess Leia in the pop-culture juggernaut Star Wars and she was fairly young. She made a memorable first-impression on me in "Shampoo". I don't remember if I mentioned this on the Forum but I saw her documentary "Bright Lights: Starring Carrie Fisher & Debbie Reynolds" at the AFI Fest back in November and it was both funny and deeply moving. Look for it on HBO soon. It is worth watching.

But along with Carrie, another beloved part of my childhood passed away...George Irving, long-time stage actor and the voice of 'Heat Miser' from "The Year Without Santa Claus" TV special.

R.I.P. Carrie and George. :(
http://www.playbill.com/article/american-actor-george-s-irving-dies

20 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

This seems to have gone unmentioned here and pretty much elsewhere...

LUPITA TOVAR, who starred in the Spanish version of Dracula (1931), passed away about six weeks ago at the age of 106.

She was beautiful in the Mexican version of Dracula. Many think it's a better version than Lugosi's. They filmed on the same set at night after the Lugosi day crew went home.