The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

Robert Forster, a brooding, ruggedly handsome Hollywood actor who was featured alongside Marlon Brando and Gregory Peck in the late 1960s, became a B-movie action star playing lawmen and thugs, and revived his career with an Oscar-nominated turn in Quentin Tarantino’s “Jackie Brown,” died Oct. 11 at his home in Los Angeles. He was 78.

The cause was brain cancer, said his publicist, Kathie Berlin. Forster's death coincided with the release of his latest film, "El Camino," a spinoff of the AMC series "Breaking Bad," in which he played a fixer who fashions a new identity for Bryan Cranston's meth kingpin.

5 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Robert Forster, a brooding, ruggedly handsome Hollywood actor who was featured alongside Marlon Brando and Gregory Peck in the late 1960s, became a B-movie action star playing lawmen and thugs, and revived his career with an Oscar-nominated turn in Quentin Tarantino’s “Jackie Brown,” died Oct. 11 at his home in Los Angeles. He was 78.

The cause was brain cancer, said his publicist, Kathie Berlin. Forster's death coincided with the release of his latest film, "El Camino," a spinoff of the AMC series "Breaking Bad," in which he played a fixer who fashions a new identity for Bryan Cranston's meth kingpin.

Great actor. He was one busy guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Ron Fairly, a member of four World Series teams with the Dodgers and a long-time broadcaster in the major leagues, died on Wednesday in Indian Wells at age 81. Fairly had suffered from cancer.

Fairly was the first player to represent two Canadian teams – the Montreal Expos (1973) and Toronto Blue Jays (1977) – in the major-league All-Star Game and played on four World Series teams with the Dodgers (1959, 1963, 1965 and 1966), winning three of them. During the seven-game victory over the Minnesota Twins in 1965, Fairly was 11 for 29 (.379) with three doubles, two home runs and six RBIs.

1964-topps-490-ron-fairly-31869.png

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:
  • Legends, 1987
  • Celebrity, 2003
  • Sinatra: Frank and Friendly- A Unique Photographic Memoir of a Legend, 2007
  • Eltonography, 2008
  • All About Bond, 2012
  • Terry O’Neill, 2014
  • SINATRA, 2014
  • Terry O’Neill’s Rock ‘n’ Roll Album, 2014
  • Two Days That Rocked the World: Elton John Live at Dodger Stadium, 2015
  • Breaking Stones 1963 – 1965: A Band on the Brink of Superstardom, 2016
  • Bowie by O’Neill (2016), 2016
  • Terry O’Neill : Every Picture Tells a Story, 2016
  • When Ziggy Played The Marquee, 2017
  • Led Zeppelin Live : 1975 - 1977, 2018
  • Terry O'Neill: Rare & Unseen, 2018
  • Bowie by O'Neill: The definitive collection with unseen images, 2019
  • Elton John by Terry O'Neill: The definitive portrait, with unseen images, 2019
  • Always Audrey: Six Iconic Photographers. One Legendary Star., 2019

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Utterly saddened by this! RIP Mr. Jonathan Miller. Thanks for the laughs! Love "Beyond The Fringe". Such irreverent humour! 

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-50574472

I knew he'd directed theatre that I've seen, but I had to go to the NYT to jog my memory.  Turns out he directed the "Long Days Journey Into Night" that played at my theatre with Jack Lemmon, Kevin Spacey, Peter Gallagher and Bethel Leslie.  Jack, Peter and Bethel were lovely folks.  I honestly don't remember too much of Mr. Miller, but he was an extraordinary mind and talent. 

Fred Cox  If you are an old American football fan, you'll remember him as the mainstay of the 70's Minnesota Vikings and their all time leading scorer (1365 points!) but his real legacy was the Nerf Football, everyone had one of those things! 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/22/sports/football/fred-cox-dead.html

• 2 weeks later...