The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

2 hours ago, sixpense said:

Honor Blackman RIP (Actress in The Avengers and Goldfinger) (Page was a session musician on the title track)

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I enjoyed her in The Avengers series very much.

Damn. Damn. Damn. 😢

Yes, she was the first of John Steed's cohorts...Cathy Gale.

Fare thee well and Rest in Peace, Honor Blackman.

1 hour ago, Bong-Man said:

OUCH !!…..RIP Al Kaline.  

:(:(:(:(:(:(

You must have seen him play a bunch of times in person, Bong-Man. Was he your favourite Tiger?

R.I.P. Al Kaline.

Edited by Strider

6 hours ago, sixpense said:

Honor Blackman RIP (Actress in The Avengers and Goldfinger) (Page was a session musician on the title track)

RIP Pussy Galore!   She was hot at 20, hotter at 30---- hot till the end.

honor-blackman-rip-main.jpg

26875124-8192645-image-a-77_158619117800

16 hours ago, Strider said:

You must have seen him play a bunch of times in person, Bong-Man. Was he your favourite Tiger?

R.I.P. Al Kaline.

He was Detroit's Ernie Banks.  Only 4 players in major league history  have 3,000 hits and 10 gold gloves....Mays, Clemente, Suzuki, and Kaline.  I was 8 years old in 1968 and played little league for the first time that Summer.  I was in a 8-12 league and the best outfielder on the team.  I insisted on playing right field because that's where Al played.  My Dad had to explain to me that little league wasn't the Pros, and right field is where you hid the kid who could hit and not field.  That wasn't me, so they moved me to left.  No one ever played the corner in Tiger Stadium better than Kaline, and 1968 was a magical Summer that will never be forgotten by any Detroiter my age.  Down goes Gibson !!   

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2020 at 9:19 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Florian Schneider one of the founder members of Kraftwerk dies aged 73. RIP to one of the founders of Electronic and ultimately Techno music

Yes. That was really sad news to wake up to yesterday. Kraftwerk was one of those bands whose influence extended far beyond what their record sales were or how many "radio hits" they did or did not have. I was lucky to see them when Florian was still in the group.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/obituary/9372433/florian-schneider-dead-kraftwerk-co-founder-dies