The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

23 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

No, she isn't. She's quite dead. She died the day after her publicist erroneously reported her death.

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0000617/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
sad to hear of her passing of Sepsis at 65. She was a Bond girl (‘85), Charlie’s Angel, Kira from Beastmaster (‘82/83) and Sheena (1984). R.I.P. Tanya Roberts.

R😎

Edited by reids

23 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

The young lady that was shot in the neck was never given a warning shot, she was just shot point blank. The Capital Security Officers did say for people to back up and get away from building now but this gal may have been unaware. The reason I mention this is because of the sheer shock on her face that she was shot. Her words that followed were "I'm fine , it's cool". I believe she thought they used rubber bullets like those used on Antifa and BLM , but on Trump supporters (live rounds and) not even a warning shot.  

-- Kate Housington

Just curious, if someone broke into your house with a bunch of other armed people, would you first give a warning shot? Also, what exactly was she unaware of? If I decided to storm a building, any building with a group of crazed, armed people I would without a doubt expect a very high probability of getting shot and killed as a result. To be perfectly honest, I am very surprised this did not end with serious bloodshed as I figured anyone storming the capitol building under any circumstance would result in getting shot. 

BTW I am not taking any sides here as I honestly would expect ANYONE, BLM, Antifa, The Backstreet Boys, or anyone or group who stormed a government building in such a manner would get shot as a result. If BLM would have pulled this kind of stunt and say a few dozen were shot and killed as a result, well, I would expect that and would think they were stupid and what did they expect.

It does not matter who did such a stupid action, it was a very stupid and is completely indefensible. Now a police officer has dies as a result which brings the total dead to five. Five people who should be alive today if this action had not been incited by several people.

Edited by BobDobbs

1 hour ago, BobDobbs said:

Just curious, if someone broke into your house with a bunch of other armed people, would you first give a warning shot? Also, what exactly was she unaware of? If I decided to storm a building, any building with a group of crazed, armed people I would without a doubt expect a very high probability of getting shot and killed as a result. To be perfectly honest, I am very surprised this did not end with serious bloodshed as I figured anyone storming the capitol building under any circumstance would result in getting shot. 

BTW I am not taking any sides here as I honestly would expect ANYONE, BLM, Antifa, The Backstreet Boys, or anyone or group who stormed a government building in such a manner would get shot as a result. If BLM would have pulled this kind of stunt and say a few dozen were shot and killed as a result, well, I would expect that and would think they were stupid and what did they expect.

It does not matter who did such a stupid action, it was a very stupid and is completely indefensible. Now a police officer has dies as a result which brings the total dead to five. Five people who should be alive today if this action had not been incited by several people.

R.I.P. those who passed. It’s much like a general admission concert of the late 70s or early 80s (The Who in Cincinnati comes to mind for example): with lack of security, lack of thought by those who were in charge of organizing the original event and sadly a few casualties as a result. In this case: There’s video footage of police letting the crowd into the building, too. Sadly. R.I.P. 

R😎

Edited by reids

3 hours ago, reids said:

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0000617/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
sad to hear of her passing of Sepsis at 65. She was a Bond girl (‘85), Charlie’s Angel, Kira from Beastmaster (‘82/83) and Sheena (1984). R.I.P. Tanya Roberts.

R😎

I believe the sad thing that might of happened with Tanya Roberts is that when she was rushed to the hospital feeling very ill, the hospital (Cedars-Sinai near Hollywood/Beverly Hills) which is one of the BEST private hospital in the Los Angeles area, but like all hospitals here in the Los Angeles area are totally overwhelmed by people coming in hourly in mass with covid infections--- they probably didn't right on diagnosing her actual problem.

Therefore the worry right now is limited care, delayed care, and with a sepsis infection not even attended to for several hours, the results can be quickly fatal.  I had a friend die about 10 years ago from sepsis due to a leg wound he left unattended for too long. By the time he drove himself to the hospital, he quickly went into a coma, and was dead within 12  hours.

I know quite a few people who work in healthcare who have told me that people coming in with things like heart attacks who might have had a good chance at survival, are now dying in larger numbers just because the staff is so overwhelmed with critical care patients. 

Edited by kipper

3 hours ago, reids said:

Lasorda was an interesting character here in Los Angeles. He was rivaled in his bombastic coaching manner only by Billy Martin of the New York Yankees.  Los Angeles has lost a beloved icon in his passing.

On 1/7/2021 at 10:49 AM, SteveAJones said:

The young lady that was shot in the neck was never given a warning shot, she was just shot point blank. The Capital Security Officers did say for people to back up and get away from building now but this gal may have been unaware. The reason I mention this is because of the sheer shock on her face that she was shot. Her words that followed were "I'm fine , it's cool". I believe she thought they used rubber bullets like those used on Antifa and BLM , but on Trump supporters (live rounds and) not even a warning shot.  

-- Kate Housington

Sad result, but when people get caught up in a mob mentality even people who may think they aren't being threatening, may not be fully aware of the consequences which may occur.

I watched the video of this shooting and it appeared that the security person in plain clothes may have been a secret service agent. Maybe not, but it was not a uniformed Capital guard.  Therefore, it should be expected that at this point where they were protecting an "inner permiter" where it might have even been to protect the Speaker of the House (number 3 in line of executive government after the President and VIce President) then there would be no fooling around with some person, part of a large crowd breaking down doors, and in this case the woman shot---as well as others in that mob wearing backpacks.  Yes, the woman seemed surprised when she was shot, but she never contemplated in the heat of the moment how hers and others might have easily been perceived as a lethal threat to top level government. It would be no different than someone storming into the White House, 10 Downing Street, Buckingham Palace, The Kremlin, a high asset military base, or the cockpit of a commercial airplane in flight.  This group was not breaking into a Walmart to steal tennis shoes and security deciding not to use deadly force. It was a grave miscalculation for this woman and others who may have been "caught up in the moment" to have been there.

From the perspective of the inner perimeter security person who fired the one shot, that woman could have had an explosive device or some chemical agent to be released. He made the appropriate decision sadly in this case, and the one shot pretty much stopped the crowd from attempting further incursion into that secured area. The officer did not fire until the woman attempted to enter through the broken door/window. And when she fell backward, he then held subsequent fire. I think he did what he felt he had to do.

Edited by kipper

5 hours ago, kipper said:

Lasorda was an interesting character here in Los Angeles. He was rivaled in his bombastic coaching manner only by Billy Martin of the New York Yankees.  Los Angeles has lost a beloved icon in his passing.

A beloved LA icon. Absolutely. What impressed me most about Tommy Lasorda is he never took that for granted. He earned it!

Megaforce Records Co-Founder Marsha Zazula Dies at 68: https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/megaforce-records-co-founder-marsha-zazula-dies-at-68/

Former Lou Reed, Foreigner and Downchild keyboardist Michael Fonfara Dies at 74: https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-lou-reed-foreigner-and-downchild-keyboardist-michael-fonfara-dies-at-74/

Edited by luvlz2

On 1/10/2021 at 1:12 AM, redrum said:

We (Giants fans) used to call him Tommy LaPasta.

R.I.P.

SF Giants fans only said that under their breath and to his back as they were walking off the field at Chavez Ravine for the long drive back to Candlestick park.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, kipper said:

SF Giants fans only said that under their breath and to his back as they were walking off the field at Chavez Ravine for the long drive back to Candlestick park.

spacer.png

Yep. It's a crazy rivalry. I saw a few fist fights at Candlestick. Idiots on both sides, especially the drunks who were proud of their stacks of empty beer cups between their legs. They were probably in the bathroom more than in their seats. They finally got wise and cut off beer sales after the 7th inning piss.

On 1/12/2021 at 3:55 PM, redrum said:

Yep. It's a crazy rivalry. I saw a few fist fights at Candlestick. Idiots on both sides, especially the drunks who were proud of their stacks of empty beer cups between their legs. They were probably in the bathroom more than in their seats. They finally got wise and cut off beer sales after the 7th inning piss.

The silly drunken SF Dodgers Rivalry, similar to the Red Sox vs NY "Skankies" rivalry of our time is nothing like it is today.  I won't even go to a game at Dodgers stadium anymore, not even in the best seats. The idiocy now is off the scale. Even when it doesn't become a fight, there is no fun with the brand of foul drunken abusiveness today's Los Angeles "Los Doyers" fans bring to the ball park. All similar to the type mornic stuff back when The Raiders were in Los Angeles.

Today if you came to a game with a Giants cap, it isn't just good natured rivalry. From the time you sit down some a hole "Los Doyers" fan would start hurling abuse at you, doesn't matter if you are with your wife and children, it is just typical low brow low rent ghetto behavior, where everything is about conflict, turf, and "respect".  Even for Dodgers fans of my generation, we can't enjoy being there.  Drive 30 miles over to Angel's Stadium, you can even sit in the outfield bleachers and a totally different vibe with the fans there.  A complete day vs night thing with Los Angeles city vs Orange county.

Before the infamous incident where a SF fan was beaten into a coma, I had complained more than once at Dodgers games to security and the LAPD to get a handle on the bad behavior. On two occasions I demanded some really bad actors be expelled by LAPD after I witnessed threats of violence. Dodgers management at the time had a policy of trying to deescalate things, offering to move people to different better seats if they complained, but that didn't stop the others from bad behavior. And the LAPD (who are just there getting paid overtime by the Dodgers organization) really don't really want to get tough on bad fans, they are there just for a extra paycheck.  But we saw where the  lack of order led. It was worse than any European soccer hooliganism at times.

The city of Los Angeles despite some posh neighborhoods is a 3rd world shithole now.

Edited by kipper

6 hours ago, kipper said:

The silly drunken SF Dodgers Rivalry, similar to the Red Sox vs NY "Skankies" rivalry of our time is nothing like it is today.  I won't even go to a game at Dodgers stadium anymore, not even in the best seats. The idiocy now is off the scale. Even when it doesn't become a fight, there is no fun with the brand of foul drunken abusiveness today's Los Angeles "Los Doyers" fans bring to the ball park. All similar to the type mornic stuff back when The Raiders were in Los Angeles.

Today if you came to a game with a Giants cap, it isn't just good natured rivalry. From the time you sit down some a hole "Los Doyers" fan would start hurling abuse at you, doesn't matter if you are with your wife and children, it is just typical low brow low rent ghetto behavior, where everything is about conflict, turf, and "respect".  Even for Dodgers fans of my generation, we can't enjoy being there.  Drive 30 miles over to Angel's Stadium, you can even sit in the outfield bleachers and a totally different vibe with the fans there.  A complete day vs night thing with Los Angeles city vs Orange county.

Before the infamous incident where a SF fan was beaten into a coma, I had complained more than once at Dodgers games to security and the LAPD to get a handle on the bad behavior. On two occasions I demanded some really bad actors be expelled by LAPD after I witnessed threats of violence. Dodgers management at the time had a policy of trying to deescalate things, offering to move people to different better seats if they complained, but that didn't stop the others from bad behavior. And the LAPD (who are just there getting paid overtime by the Dodgers organization) really don't really want to get tough on bad fans, they are there just for a extra paycheck.  But we saw where the  lack of order led. It was worse than any European soccer hooliganism at times.

The city of Los Angeles despite some posh neighborhoods is a 3rd world shithole now.

It's worse than I thought. I never went to the new Giants stadium. I was out of California by then. Don't know if they act just as stupid there these days. Shit, you could end up in the bay.

Giants ask SF for tax break on AT&T Park, say value has fallen -  SFChronicle.com