The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

11 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

So what will be your excuse when the vaccines are approved in about a month? 

I don't have an excuse, nor would I require one.

Personally, I've been fully vaccinated since February 2021. However, I regret it so much, not because of any adverse side effects rather my aversion to government tyranny as a matter of principle. An argument for another forum.

20 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Groupie Connie Hamzy (66)

R.jpg

Hey Steve,

Funny you should post this.  I grew up in Nebraska and my cousin always insisted that she was one of the "Four young chiquitas in Omaha".  Do you know any of the others by name?  My cousin's name was Sherry.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

Hey Steve,

Funny you should post this.  I grew up in Nebraska and my cousin always insisted that she was one of the "Four young chiquitas in Omaha".  Do you know any of the others by name?  My cousin's name was Sherry.

Thanks!

I'm not familiar with the Four Young Chiquita's in Omaha, but it's well established that the Connie mentioned in the Grand Funk Railroad song is Connie Hamzy. 

Update: "

"The '4 young chiquitas in Omaha,' that came from a situation where we checked into this hotel in Omaha, Nebraska, and there were 4 groupies in the lobby waiting to see the band. '4 young chiquitas' sounded a lot better than '4 young groupies' or '4 young girls." -- Don Brewer.
Edited by SteveAJones