The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

Cory Wells, co-founder and former lead singer of Three Dog Night, died at his home on October 20.  His family confirmed that he was battling myeloma and died from a related infection.  He is survived by his wife, two daughters and five grandchildren.  Wells was 74 year old.

Edited by Disco Duck

Uuuugh... Screenwriter Melissa Mathison has passed away. When "ET" came out we were fairly new to Canada and though I was still learning English I really GOT that movie. You couldn't imagine how different Canada was from Poland at the time (just focusing on media for the moment -- reel-to-reel music, two TV channels - Channel 1 and Channel 2 - state owned, of course) so then this movie was a whole other level of revelation and magic and catharsis and joy and possibility. Then I watched "Black Stallion" which left a profoundly deep impact on me that is hard to put into words but needless to say still resonates. The final movie she scripted, "The BFG", is being released in 2016. Very sad to hear of her passing. RIP.

http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-melissa-mathinson-dies-story.html

Edited by Patrycja

• 2 weeks later...

It is exactly a year since, the tragic death of Philip Hughes, at the young age of 25! I truly, can't believe that its been that long! :( He could have had such a brilliant cricket career, playing for Australia! 

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/nov/27/phillip-hughes-remembered-as-63notout-before-first-day-night-test

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

It is exactly a year since, the tragic death of Philip Hughes, at the young age of 25! I truly, can't believe that its been that long! :( He could have had such a brilliant cricket career, playing for Australia! 

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/nov/27/phillip-hughes-remembered-as-63notout-before-first-day-night-test

yes I can't believe It is a year already :(

I am frightened for our future. 

151203063646-san-bernadino-shooters-exla

It's sad. A neighbor saw all these boxes of weapons being delivered, but was scared to report because of PC (afraid she would be labeled a bigot if she reported...)

He went to Mecca, and met his future wife there. Brought her back to the States on the fiancée visa. Yada Yada Yada...

RIP people of San Bernardino at a Christmas party.

I just read about this too.  Scott Weiland found dead in his sleep last night.  Very sad news indeed.  He was only 48 years old, just a mere 3 years older then Me.  Granted he probably did more drugs in one or two years than I have done in 32 years but still to die before the age of 50 (or any age really) is very sad for such a talented singer. 

Edited by kingzoso

Oh wow STP was so popular when I was in high school. I think everybody my
senior year had Purple. No word on cause of death other than cardiac arrest,
but it's well known he battled addiction for a long time. Very sad.

Edited by KellyGirl