The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

6 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Jimmy, John Paul and Robert,

Please hire an "at--home" physician, wrap yourselves in bubble wrap and STAY HOME - at least till this dreadful month is over!

Only two more days to go. It's been a brutal month, for sure. Watch out for falling coconuts, Keef!

For some reason, I thought Paul Kantner had already died. Now that he really  has passed, that is two down on the Jefferson Airplane scorecard.

Paul Kantner: deceased, age 74.

Spencer Dryden: deceased in 2005, age 66.

Jack Casady: alive, 71.

Jorma Kaukonen: alive, 75.

Grace Slick: alive, 76.

Signe Anderson: alive, 74.

Marty Balin: alive, 73.

^^^Just found out thru a friend on Facebook. Word is Signe Anderson,  another founding member of Jefferson Airplane, died on the same day as Paul Kantner...January 28. No official obituary yet but Marty Balin confirmed the news. It's so weird as one of the records I listened to after hearing of Paul Kantner's death was Signe's last gig with Jefferson Airplane at the Fillmore West. Who will be January's next victim?

Edited by Strider

After paying respects to Lemmy the other day at Forest Lawn, I walked out and came across Ronnie James Dio's tomb/crypt right across from where Lemmy is entombed. I had no idea Dio was buried in Hollywood! He has a beautiful resting place and the Forest Lawn people said fresh flowers are ALWAYS sent. I love the heavy metal salute on the flower urns on either side of the tomb.

20160127_135432.thumb.jpg.7d2c6f9bc5eb93

20160127_135507.thumb.jpg.b3aaea9f4684e8

20160127_135600.thumb.jpg.e5af1cf1d1ef7d

20160127_135523.thumb.jpg.5598b3472d55b6

20160127_135539.thumb.jpg.e890bbf1ccd68c

20160127_151315.thumb.jpg.3e5e8b25474978

Edited by Strider

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

First of all, he died in the month of February. Second, and most importantly, he died TWO FREAKING YEARS AGO! February 17, 2014 to be exact.

I guess news travels slow to Japan..or Texas.

R.I.P Joe Alaskey (the designated successor to the legendary Mel Blanc). He served as the voice of  famous Looney Tunes characters such as Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Sylvester and Tweety, since the late 1980's. 

He passed away on the 3rd of February. I found out about this, just a few hours ago. A sad time for Looney Tunes enthusiasts like myself! 63 is way too young! :( 

Joe Alaskey, voice of Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck, dies aged 63

Emmy-winning voice actor also played Richard Nixon in Forrest Gump, and various cartoon stars since the late 1980s including Tweety and Sylvester the Cat

Joe Alaskey, the successor to Mel Blanc, died at the age of 63 in New York

Joe Alaskey, the successor to Mel Blanc, died at the age of 63 in New York. Photograph: Kevin Winter/Getty Images

Joe Alaskey, the voice behind notable cartoon characters including Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck, died of cancer on Wednesday. He was 63.

The voice actor, who was born in upstate New York, started out as a standup impressionist. He worked with voice actor June Foray on a Boston radio morning show called Effective Radio with Bill.

In the late 1980s, he was hired by Warner Bros. Alaskey is credited as one of the successors of voice and comedic actor Mel Blanc after he died in 1989. He took on famous roles like Tweety and Sylvester the Cat.

Since then, Alaskey has held a wide range of parts including Marvin the Martian, Grandpa Lou Pickles from the show Rugrats, Stinkie from the film Casper, and Plucky Duck on Tiny Toon Adventures. He also provided the voice for Richard Nixon on the critically acclaimed film Forrest Gump.

Alaskey, who once revealed that he sang every day to keep his larynx supple, won a Daytime Emmy award in 2004 for his work on the cartoon Duck Dodgers.

His latest credits include the voice of Droopy on Tom and Jerry and Green Loontern in Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham. He also narrated television documentary series Murder Comes to Town, which aired on the Investigation Discovery Network.

Source : http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/feb/04/joe-alaskey-bugs-bunny-daffy-duck-voice-dies

5 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Holy shit. I am so sad and flummoxed by this news, Steve. Never in a million years would I have expected this...Dave Mirra seemed to have a great life. 41 is soooo young. His poor family. Contrary to the MASH song, suicide is not painless. It leaves pain for your family and friends.

R.I.P. Dave Mirra. :(