The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

I've never just listened to Steely Dan, I studied it, and still do. One word comes to mind where their music is concerned...'immaculate'. These guys were as much chemists as they were musicians together. I think its fair to say that they were musical geniuses, and I don't use that word often where music is concerned. 

1 hour ago, 2bitnogoodjive said:

Part of the soundtrack of my life through most of high school:

Molly_Hatchet_-_Flirtin'_with_Disaster.j

Same here, always loved Molly Hatchet. Though I often wondered why a southern rock group would have Vikings and Conan the Barbarian'ish stuff on their album covers. I mean, they were southern rock, I was expecting titties and Jim Beam.

11 hours ago, IpMan said:

Same here, always loved Molly Hatchet. Though I often wondered why a southern rock group would have Vikings and Conan the Barbarian'ish stuff on their album covers. I mean, they were southern rock, I was expecting titties and Jim Beam.

Yeah, unfortunately their hard living ways have decimated a lot of bands from that genre/era.   He was the last original member left in the band.  RIP Mr. Hlubeck.

Harry Dean Stanton, RIP
Just a fraction of his work includes :
In the Heat of the Night (1967)
Cool Hand Luke (1967)
Kelly's Heroes (1970)
Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid (1973)
The Godfather Part II(1974)
The Missouri Breaks (1976)
Straight Time  (1978)
Alien (1978) 
Wise Blood  (1979)
Escape From New York (1981)
Christine  (1983)
Repo Man  (1984)
Paris, Texas (1984)
Red Dawn  (1984)
Pretty in Pink (1986)
'The Last Temptation of Christ (1988)
Wild at Heart (1990)
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me(1992)
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998)
Anger Management (2003)
Inland Empire] (2006)
Rango (2011)
The Avengers (2012)

009-escape-from-new-york-theredlist.jpg

" I'm 87 years old...I only eat so I can smoke and stay alive.. The only fear I have is how long consciousness is gonna hang on after my body goes. I just hope there's nothing. Like there was before I was born. I'm not really into religion, they're all macrocosms of the ego. When man began to think he was a separate person with a separate soul, it created a violent situation.

The void, the concept of nothingness, is terrifying to most people on the planet. And I get anxiety attacks myself. I know the fear of that void. You have to learn to die before you die. You give up, surrender to the void, to nothingness.

Anybody else you've interviewed bring these things up? Hang on, I gotta take this call..... Hey, brother. That's great, man. Yeah, I'm being interviewed... We're talking about nothing. I've got him well-steeped in nothing right now. He's stopped asking questions." 

~ HARRY DEAN STANTON

Harry-Dean-Stanton-1-1024x682.jpg