The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

14 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

R.I.P Kate Steinle whose ILLEGAL ALIEN MURDERER got away with the killing in the Fruit and Nut capital of world San Francisco!

The man did not murder anyone, he picked up a gun he found which accidentally discharged, ricochet off of a wall, and struck Ms. Steinle in the back. That is not murder, that is involuntary manslaughter. Very big difference.

Ps. If the man was a white natural born American citizen would you still consider it murder? If that man was your brother would you want him convicted of murder?

Edited by IpMan

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

The man did not murder anyone, he picked up a gun he found which accidentally discharged, ricochet off of a wall, and struck Ms. Steinle in the back. That is not murder, that is involuntary manslaughter. Very big difference.

Ps. If the man was a white natural born American citizen would you still consider it murder? If that man was your brother would you want him convicted of murder?

Accidentally discharged?! No, the seven-time convicted, five time deported illegal immigrant felon PULLED THE TRIGGER and in so doing killed her in cold blood. Justice would have been served if he was convicted of second degree murder, or plea bargained to involuntary manslaughter. It is my earnest hope this verdict leads to a total loss of federal funding for sanctuary cities and the most aggressive deportation policy/tactics the United States has ever seen. Kick all of these recidivist maggots out now and execute them at the border if they attempt to return.

13 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

If Kate Steinle was your sister would you want him convicted?

You did not answer the question, though I will gladly answer yours:

Yes, of involuntary manslaughter as that is what the evidence proves. Of murder, absolutely not as he is not guilty of murder.

16 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Accidentally discharged?! No, the seven-time convicted, five time deported illegal immigrant felon PULLED THE TRIGGER and in so doing killed her in cold blood. Justice would have been served if he was convicted of second degree murder, or plea bargained to involuntary manslaughter. It is my earnest hope this verdict leads to a total loss of federal funding for sanctuary cities and the most aggressive deportation policy/tactics the United States has ever seen. Kick all of these recidivist maggots out now and execute them at the border if they attempt to return.

Did you read his rap sheet Steve? All convictions were for either non-violent drug offenses or for being in the country illegally. He was never convicted of a violent offense nor ever charged. The man has a zero history of violence.

He may be here illegally, and he may be a scumbag, but the evidence shows he is not a murderer. So unless you feel non-citizens should be convicted of crimes they are not guilty of simply for being in America illegally, I am not sure what your problem or issue is with the verdict?

On 11/30/2017 at 5:59 PM, The Rover said:

R.I.P. Jim Nabors

jim-nabors-gomer-gty-thg-171130_4x3_992.

On 11/30/2017 at 6:30 PM, Walter said:

Well golly...

RIP Mr Nabors.  Will miss you singing before the Indy 500 every year.

Surprise-Surprise-Surprise! He was a great singer. I, too, grew up watching "Gomer Pyle". Not so much for Gomer, though...Sgt. Carter was my man.

I wonder what the Indy 500 will do now? Maybe just play a tape of Jim Nabors singing?

Edited by Strider

2 hours ago, IpMan said:

Did you read his rap sheet Steve? All convictions were for either non-violent drug offenses or for being in the country illegally. He was never convicted of a violent offense nor ever charged. The man has a zero history of violence.

He may be here illegally, and he may be a scumbag, but the evidence shows he is not a murderer. So unless you feel non-citizens should be convicted of crimes they are not guilty of simply for being in America illegally, I am not sure what your problem or issue is with the verdict?

After striking the woman with a gunshot, he disposed of the weapon into the bay and fled the scene on foot. He claimed in his confession that he was aiming at a seal. By his confession, and the forensic evidence, his intent was to commit an act of violence and this was not "accidental discharge". A conviction of involuntary manslaughter is least he should have received. He IS here illegally (again) and he IS a scumbag--there's no maybe about it. 

15 hours ago, Strider said:

Surprise-Surprise-Surprise! He was a great singer. I, too, grew up watching "Gomer Pyle". Not so much for Gomer, though...Sgt. Carter was my man.

I wonder what the Indy 500 will do now? Maybe just play a tape of Jim Nabors singing?

They played a tape before.  He hasn’t sung it in person in a couple of years.  Great singer.  Good man.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 9:28 AM, Stryder1978 said:

R.I.P Kate Steinle whose ILLEGAL ALIEN MURDERER got away with the killing in the Fruit and Nut capital of world San Francisco!

So sad. After shot Kate said "Daddy help me".

I feel bad for her dad who couldn't do anything. She died in her dad's arms. Of course I'm very sad for her mom too.

She had just changed her Facebook page to say "If it feels good to your soul, just do it."

R.I.P. Kate Steinle +1.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 5:26 PM, IpMan said:

All convictions were for either non-violent drug offenses or for being in the country illegally. He was never convicted of a violent offense nor ever charged. The man has a zero history of violence.

Murderer or not, I guess it is a legitimate question to ask if being in the country illegally is a crime?

Yes it is, or it wouldn't be illegal. Is enforcing a crime against someone being here illegally "fascist" or "upholding the law for protection for citizens of the country"? A young lady taking a walk with her dad would still be alive.

Edited by apantherfrommd

On 12/2/2017 at 7:05 PM, Strider said:

For some reason I thought he had already left us.  But anyway I watched that show a million times back in the day.  Sgt.  Carter screaming at him.  It was pretty close as to which preferred between Gomer and Hogans Heroes.

On 12/4/2017 at 1:27 AM, apantherfrommd said:

Murderer or not, I guess it is a legitimate question to ask if being in the country illegally is a crime?

Yes it is, or it wouldn't be illegal. Is enforcing a crime against someone being here illegally "fascist" or "upholding the law for protection for citizens of the country"? A young lady taking a walk with her dad would still be alive.

I agree Andy, however you cannot convict a person of murder based solely on their immigration status, there has to be evidence. The evidence showed involuntary manslaughter and he should have been tried as such and if he were, he would have been convicted. Due to his prior convictions he would get the max so he likely would have seen 12 -15 years anyway. 

The prosecutor is the one at fault here, no one else. She should have pushed for involuntary manslaughter. Even though the ADA allowed a verdict of involuntary manslaughter for the jury to consider, she based her case around a 2nd degree murder conviction and never offered a case for involuntary manslaughter. If I were the DA I would fire this arrogant jackass.

Edited by IpMan

28 minutes ago, IpMan said:

I agree Andy, however you cannot convict a person of murder based solely on their immigration status, there has to be evidence. The evidence showed involuntary manslaughter and he should have been tried as such and if he were, he would have been convicted. Due to his prior convictions he would get the max so he likely would have seen 12 -15 years anyway. 

The prosecutor is the one at fault here, no one else. She should have pushed for involuntary manslaughter. Even though the ADA allowed a verdict of involuntary manslaughter for the jury to consider, she based her case around a 2nd degree murder conviction and never offered a case for involuntary manslaughter. If I were the DA I would fire this arrogant jackass.

Hey Ipman. How's it going?! :) The best I hope.

Thank you.

^^^None of those work in the U.S.

R.I.P. Johnny Hallyday. 74 from lung cancer. A Gallic Giant. 😢

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42247551

Another one of the many greats to whom Jimmy Page lent his talents. Sometime between the meltdown of the Yardbirds and the rise of Led Zeppelin, Jimmy Page found time to play on this Johnny Hallyday scorcher from 1968. Elvis never got this psychedelic.

Edited by Strider

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Sometime between the meltdown of the Yardbirds and the rise of Led Zeppelin, Jimmy Page found time to play on this Johnny Hallyday scorcher from 1968. 

Mick Jones of Foreigner also collaborated with Johnny in the early 1970s. They reminisce about it in this clip:

Edited by SteveAJones