The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

On 12/2/2017 at 12:01 AM, IpMan said:

The man did not murder anyone, he picked up a gun he found which accidentally discharged, ricochet off of a wall, and struck Ms. Steinle in the back. That is not murder, that is involuntary manslaughter. Very big difference.

Ps. If the man was a white natural born American citizen would you still consider it murder? If that man was your brother would you want him convicted of murder?

Saggy,your as dumb as a rock,which is an insult to rocks,...

Garcia Zarate fired one shot from a .40-caliber SIG Sauer P239 handgun with a seven-cartridge magazine. ... The gun used by Garcia Zarate had been stolen in downtown San Francisco from a Bureau of Land Management (BLM) ranger's personal vehicle on June 27, 2015, according to the Bureau of Land Management.

Accidental discharge - Because of this possibility, most currently produced pistols are designed with a "drop-safety" or firing pin block, a mechanism inhibiting or isolating the firing pin, preventing accidental discharge if the firearm is dropped.

So,stolen gun,safety off,round in the breach.

13 hours ago, Anjin-san said:

Saggy,your as dumb as a rock,which is an insult to rocks,...

Garcia Zarate fired one shot from a .40-caliber SIG Sauer P239 handgun with a seven-cartridge magazine. ... The gun used by Garcia Zarate had been stolen in downtown San Francisco from a Bureau of Land Management (BLM) ranger's personal vehicle on June 27, 2015, according to the Bureau of Land Management.

So,stolen gun,safety off,round in the breach.

Unfortunately, your tepid attempt at a line of evidence falls short. You have to prove the defendant stole the weapon, then prove intent. Second, the BLM officer could have stored it with a round in the pipe. The fact is you need solid proof, not speculation and the burden of proof is on the prosecution, not the defense. You know, innocent until PROVEN guilty BEYOND a REASONABLE DOUBT.

I understand those are big words and reading comprehension is not your strong suit, but I have faith that one day you will extricate your head from your anus.

Good luck buddy.

2 hours ago, IpMan said:

Unfortunately, your tepid attempt at a line of evidence falls short. You have to prove the defendant stole the weapon, then prove intent. Second, the BLM officer could have stored it with a round in the pipe. The fact is you need solid proof, not speculation and the burden of proof is on the prosecution, not the defense. You know, innocent until PROVEN guilty BEYOND a REASONABLE DOUBT.

I understand those are big words and reading comprehension is not your strong suit, but I have faith that one day you will extricate your head from your anus.

Good luck buddy.

:goodpost:

2 hours ago, IpMan said:

Good luck buddy.

I'm your Huckleberry. He confessed to finding the weapon on the boardwalk and attempting to shoot a sea animal. When his shot hit Kate instead he threw the weapon in the bay and attempted to flee on foot. So by his own admission we have a convicted felon discharging a firearm and thereby striking an innocent bystander. That's manslaughter, at a minimum, seven days a week.   

7 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I'm your Huckleberry. He confessed to finding the weapon on the boardwalk and attempting to shoot a sea animal. When his shot hit Kate instead he threw the weapon in the bay and attempted to flee on foot. So by his own admission we have a convicted felon discharging a firearm and thereby striking an innocent bystander. That's manslaughter, at a minimum, seven days a week.   

Yes, which is exactly what I said. I never claimed the scumbag was 100% innocent, I said there was not enough evidence to prove murder. I also said that per the US Constitution, an illegal alien is granted the exact same legal protections and standards as all American citizens. If people want to convict a man of murder simply because he is an illegal alien and a scumbag, that is against the law and morally wrong. Plus, if we do that, what do you think will happen to American citizens arrested abroad? 

"Oh, he is an AMERICAN, he must be guilty...50 years in prison for you AMERICAN!!!"

Somehow I don't think this whole isolationism during an era of globalism is a good idea. You don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. If a person is charged with murder due to the evidence pointing in that direction, than prosecute accordingly. However, if not, you must prosecute with what the evidence both shows and proves. The fact is the prosecution screwed up. She presented a case based solely on second degree murder, and then at the very end of the trial changed direction and tried to go for first degree murder, whereas the evidence only showed manslaughter. The fault here lay with the prosecutor. If the prosecutor was capable we would not be having this discussion and this idiot criminal would be in jail for 10+ years.

5 hours ago, IpMan said:

The fault here lay with the prosecutor. If the prosecutor was capable we would not be having this discussion and this idiot criminal would be in jail for 10+ years.

He'll be back through the revolving door of deportation before we know it.

RIP to personal and family friend and NASCAR legendary crew chief Barry Dodson.

He was Rusty Wallace’s crew chief in 89 when he won the championship in the Winston Cup Series.  

He was a tortured soul after his 2 children died in a thanksgiving weekend car crash in 1994.  

He was very kind to our entire family and used to refer to junior as a “doll baby” back in 2003, when he would hold him.

Very sad night, but I’m glad he is where he’s always wanted to be, with Trey and Tia.

RIP Barry

1 hour ago, Walter said:

RIP to personal and family friend and NASCAR legendary crew chief Barry Dodson.

He was Rusty Wallace’s crew chief in 89 when he won the championship in the Winston Cup Series.  

He was a tortured soul after his 2 children died in a thanksgiving weekend car crash in 1994.  

He was very kind to our entire family and used to refer to junior as a “doll baby” back in 2003, when he would hold him.

Very sad night, but I’m glad he is where he’s always wanted to be, with Trey and Tia.

RIP Barry

My best thoughts to you and the family Walter. 

8 hours ago, SuperDave said:

Thanks for sharing that Walter.  Very interesting to hear that you have a connection to the Rusty Wallace NASCAR team!

Many of them and we’re close with the Wallace family. They’re from St. Louis as is my wife’s family.  I’m sure they have to be devistated about this news as well. Both Rusty and Kenny drove for him.  Lots of emotion coming from the NASCAR world about his passing. He had been in the hospital and was looking good and then poof, he was gone.  Thanks Dave.

I know this is late but I was away for a long time and I was listening to the radio the other day and heard the father of Kate Steinle talking about the death of his wonderful daughter and I just wanted to wish his family peace this christmas and pray for his daughter to be at peace.  This should have never happened and now the man who killed her is going to go free which I cant bellieve is happening.

920x1240.jpg

Andrey Zaliznyak an outstanding language scholar is said to pass away on  24 December 2017. He was famous for such works as:
1. Russian Nominal Inflection

2. Russian Grammar Dictionary
We, thanks to his books, have now search engines for Russian language.
3. violent struggle against folk-linguistics (Rus. лингвофричество).
More:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrey_Zaliznyak
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreï_Zalizniak
I attended his public lecture in 2010.

On 12/2/2017 at 2:26 PM, IpMan said:

Did you read his rap sheet Steve? All convictions were for either non-violent drug offenses or for being in the country illegally. He was never convicted of a violent offense nor ever charged. The man has a zero history of violence.

He may be here illegally, and he may be a scumbag, but the evidence shows he is not a murderer. So unless you feel non-citizens should be convicted of crimes they are not guilty of simply for being in America illegally, I am not sure what your problem or issue is with the verdict?

I don't know you can say that when he admitted he was shooting at sea lions? I realize sea lions are not people but he was trying to kill them because he knew it wasnt a toy gun.  And when you think of that how does the explanation of accidentaly shooting the gun work when he intended to kill innocent sea lions?

I think the real question is why did a jury in san franciso let him go, was it because he is a illegal alien and they feel sorry for him? Why do we even have laws and borders and rules about shooting defensless animals if people are going to get away with that. Now we have a poor young woman who cant rest in peace because 12 jurors decided the man is a saint.

Edited by kipper

1 hour ago, kipper said:

I don't know you can say that when he admitted he was shooting at sea lions? I realize sea lions are not people but he was trying to kill them because he knew it wasnt a toy gun.  And when you think of that how does the explanation of accidentaly shooting the gun work when he intended to kill innocent sea lions?

I think the real question is why did a jury in san franciso let him go, was it because he is a illegal alien and they feel sorry for him? Why do we even have laws and borders and rules about shooting defensless animals if people are going to get away with that. Now we have a poor young woman who cant rest in peace because 12 jurors decided the man is a saint.

No, the problem is if you want a conviction, you need to charge him with the correct crime. So, do you think he should have been tried for the attempted murder of an innocent sea lion?

The facts are, he committed manslaughter and the prosecution should have presented the case as such, not second degree murder as there was no direct intent. Then, in her closing statement, the prosecutor doubled down on her stupidity by changing her argument from second degree to first degree murder. Just think what you would have done in that circumstance. The jury had little choice but to acquit because the prosecutor fucked up big time.

Of course this asshole should have gone to jail...for manslaughter. The irony is that due to his prior record, if he would have been convicted of manslaughter he likely would have sentenced to a minimum 15 - 20 year term (the same for 2nd degree murder) anyway.

Don't blame the jury, or the system. Blame the prosecutor, the fault is 100% on her stupid-ass head.