The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2018 at 6:48 AM, Stryder1978 said:

...being vulgar is not amusing...especially when talking about the deceased.  It's pathetic.

What is pathetic is when an "evangelist" dies and leaves an estate worth in excess of 25 million dollars. Hmmm, I must have missed that somewhere in the Gospels.

If he were a true follower of Christ, which he quite obviously was not, he would have lived a very modest life and given everything to charity. You know, as Christ required EVERYONE to do per the Gospels.

Go worship your golden idol elsewhere, the man was a fraud, plain and simple.

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

What is pathetic is when an "evangelist" dies and leaves an estate worth in excess of 25 million dollars. Hmmm, I must have missed that somewhere in the Gospels.

If he were a true follower of Christ, which he quite obviously was not, he would have lived a very modest life and given everything to charity. You know, as Christ required EVERYONE to do per the Gospels.

How unfortunate for this forum that you did you not receive enough attention when you were child.

6 hours ago, IpMan said:

So being a fraud according to you I guess the bad things he did (the sin of dying rich per your post) outweighs any positive things he did like being an early supporter of the Civil Rights Movement.  Sad that you see things that way.

12 minutes ago, cryingbluerain said:

So being a fraud according to you I guess the bad things he did (the sin of dying rich per your post) outweighs any positive things he did like being an early supporter of the Civil Rights Movement.  Sad that you see things that way.

Are you not a Christian? Do you not follow gospel and the words of Jesus himself? The good reverend defied gospel, turned his back on the word of the man he supposedly followed. Please explain that instead of making petty excuses.

I am not a christian and thus have no obligation to follow the word of Jesus. However, the good reverend was so please, pretty please with sugar on top...try and square that circle.

Edited by IpMan

5 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

How unfortunate for this forum that you did you not receive enough attention when you were child.

How unfortunate for this forum that you post nonsense, evade the issue, and act the ass.

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

.....I think the majority on here see one major "ass" - and it certainly isn't Steve!  How low can you go to berate not only the dead, but a holy man besides?

Please explain how a man is holy if he refuses to follow the teachings and lifestyle of the religion he supposedly believes in?

If I am wrong here I will gladly apologize so please explain this seemingly obvious hypocrisy to me.

18 hours ago, IpMan said:

Where in the bible does it say you are required to be stupid? Chapter and verse please?

Maybe it is in there-- I don't know? And if it is a requirement to be stupid, then I applaud you on being a true follower of that commandment.

11 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

So being a fraud according to you [ipman] I guess the bad things he did (the sin of dying rich per your post) outweighs any positive things he did like being an early supporter of the Civil Rights Movement.  Sad that you see things that way.

Cryingbluerain,

You don't really think that using rational thought is going to work with Ipman do you? 

1 hour ago, kipper said:

Where in the bible does it say you are required to be stupid? Chapter and verse please?

Maybe it is in there-- I don't know? And if it is a requirement to be stupid, then I applaud you on being a true follower of that commandment.

He has brought down the powerful from their thrones, and lifted up the lowly; he has filled the hungry with good things, and sent the rich away empty. — Luke 1:52-53

Then he looked up at his disciples and said: “Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God. Blessed are you who are hungry now, for you will be filled. Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh.” — Luke 6:20-21

But woe to you who are rich, for you have received your consolation. Woe to you who are full now, for you will be hungry. Woe to you who are laughing now, for you will mourn and weep.” — Luke 6:24-25

Give to everyone who begs from you; and if anyone takes away your goods, do not ask for them again.” —Luke 6:30

If you lend to those from whom you hope to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, to receive as much again. But love your enemies, do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return. Your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High; for he is kind to the ungrateful and the wicked.” — Luke 6:34-35

As for those who fell among the thorns, these are the ones who hear; but as they go on their way, they are choked by the cares and riches and pleasures of life, and their fruit does not mature.” — Luke 8:14

What does it profit them if they gain the whole world, but lose or forfeit themselves?” — Luke 9:25

Someone in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the family inheritance with me.” But he said to him, “Friend, who set me to be a judge or arbitrator over you?” And he said to them, “Take care! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of possessions.” — Luke 12:13-15

The land of a rich man produced abundantly. And he thought to himself, ‘What should I do, for I have no place to store my crops?’ Then he said, ‘I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.’ But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night you life is being demanded of you. And the things you have prepared, whose will they be?’ So it is with those who store up treasures for themselves but are not rich toward God.” — Luke 12:16-21

Sell your possessions, and give alms. Make purses for yourselves that do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there you heart will be also.” —Luke 12:33-34

So therefore, none of you can become my disciple if you do not give up all your possessions.” — Luke 14:28-33

There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and who feasted sumptuously every day. And at his gate lay a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores, who longed to satisfy his hunger with what fell from the rich man’s table; even the dogs would come and lick his sores. The poor man died and was carried away by the angels to be with Abraham. The rich man also died and was buried. In Hades, where he was being tormented, he looked up and saw Abraham far away with Lazarus by his side. He called out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am in agony in these flames.’ But Abraham said, ‘Child, remember that during your lifetime you received your good things, and Lazarus in like manner evil things; but now he is comforted here, and you are in agony.” — Luke 16:19-25

Is that enough or would you like more???

But woe to you who are rich, for you have received your consolation. Woe to you who are full now, for you will be hungry. Woe to you who are laughing now, for you will mourn and weep.”

Oh, shut up, Luke.

5 hours ago, IpMan said:

Is that enough or would you like more???

so his purpose was to come here and create a giant welfare state and not something else?

Thanks Ipman for clearing that up. Because I could have skipped all of the other 4,500 year history leading up to the climax if it was just about feeding poor people

Edited by kipper

54 minutes ago, kipper said:

so his purpose was to come here and create a giant welfare state and not something else?

Thanks Ipman for clearing that up. Because I could have skipped all of the other 4,500 year history leading up to the climax if it was just about feeding poor people

You're very welcome Kip