The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

12 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

AGREE!  I really wished he was shown more often on the episodes.  He sure looked older than 77!

His sense of humor was great. It usually went right over Chumlee's head. Snappy dresser too. :)

• 2 weeks later...

ending_paristexas.jpg.826a8bb1a12a32976cc0a9f14c348310.jpg

"Paris, Texas". "Repo Man". "To Live and Die in L.A." " Barfly". "Breaking the Waves". "Dead Man". Just a few of the movies shot by cinematographer Robby Müller, who passed away at age 78 yesterday.

He worked with Wim Wenders and Jim Jarmusch. That alone guarantees the Dutchman hall of fame status. R.I.P. Robby.

https://variety.com/2018/film/obituaries-people-news/robby-muller-dead-dies-paris-texas-barfly-1202865341/

I've come back from vacation to find that the bass player, Garry Lowe, for the Canadian rock/blues/reggae band Big Sugar passed away on Saturday, July 7, after a battle with cancer. I've seen Big Sugar numerous times over the years and they put off a great performance every time. Last year when  I saw them they were without Garry due to his illness and his presence was missed at the show. 

RIP Garry

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/garry-lowe-obit-1.4738563

• 3 weeks later...

RIP Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart. Half of WWF’s (now WWE) “The Hart Foundation” along with Bret “The Hitman” Hart. He stopped wrestling back in ‘97 but apparently his daughter does now. He also played for the Oakland Raiders and Dallas Cowboys before getting into wrestling.

Edited by Walter

2 hours ago, Walter said:

RIP Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart. Half of WWF’s (now WWE) “The Hart Foundation” along with Bret “The Hitman” Hart. He stopped wrestling back in ‘97 but apparently his daughter does now. He also played for the Oakland Raiders and Dallas Cowboys before getting into wrestling.

Damn, I was just watching a Bret Hart DVD a few days ago--any report on how old he was? The wrestling business usually goes at an early age?

7 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Aretha Franklin, The Queen of Soul, is hospitalized and said to be gravely ill.

Hey 19**! How's it goin?
That's 'Retha Franklin
They don't remember "The Queen of Soul?"

https://www.radio.com/blogs/kyle-mccann/aretha-franklin-reportedly-ill-family-asking-your-prayers

Do they R*E*S*P*E*C*T prayer requests from families? Her and her family will be in mine.  

19 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Aretha Franklin, The Queen of Soul, is hospitalized and said to be gravely ill.

She’s now in hospice care and they don’t expect her to make it through the day. Prayers for her, her family, friends & fans. 

R😢

2 hours ago, Strider said:

R.I.P. Aretha Franklin.

Sort of a strange symmetry having the Queen of Soul die on the same date as the King of Rock 'n' Roll: August 16.

I suppose the odds are only 365 to 1, but yeah. I just realized she was born in Memphis and he died there.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

R.I.P. Aretha Franklin.

Sort of a strange symmetry having the Queen of Soul die on the same date as the King of Rock 'n' Roll: August 16.

Robert "The King of the Delta Blues" Johnson also died on this day 80 years ago...