Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
SteveAJones

The Rest in Peace Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

Seriously, you have to be a SERIOUS asshole to dodge the draft, chase pussy, and stay cosy knowing daddy's connections will keep you safe... and then 50 years later talk shit about a POW. I really would be hard pressed to find a better example of how low and disgusting a person could be, captured on video as well.

Well, one has to be a serious asshole to continue as a self-serving politician with a lust for power for at least 20 YEARS past one's "Best If Used By Date". One has to be a serious asshole to place all the blame for a failed run at the Presidency squarely on the soft shoulders of the female running mate one purposefully chose in a calculated move to pander to the electorate. What you have said and what I added underscores one point, and that is this is what one can always expect from politicians. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Walter said:

Wow. Didn’t know until I saw your post. RIP John McCain a true American Patriot and Hero.

He went through more Hell than any of his pathetic critics have ever even imagined. Especially with the draft dodging leadership we currently have... 

My condolences to his family.

So sad. 

haha that is funny.  Because I'm sure you voted for him. 

I didnt vote for him either but i find it so funny how suddenly Mcain is now a hero to people just because he was a never trumper.

 

lame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Well, one has to be a serious asshole to continue as a self-serving politician with a lust for power for at least 20 YEARS past one's "Best If Used By Date". One has to be a serious asshole to place all the blame for a failed run at the Presidency squarely on the soft shoulders of the female running mate one purposefully chose in a calculated move to pander to the electorate. What you have said and what I added underscores one point, and that is this is what one can always expect from politicians. 

That is a pretty sad attempt at a rebuttal, actually, it was not a rebuttal but a bait and switch, and a poor one at that. Sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

Two sides to every story. RIP

 

Have you people lost your collective minds? This whole video is stupid. There were no POW's left in Vietnam after 1973, there was never any proof because why would the Vietnamese keep the 2,646 Americans missing in action? The majority of that number constitutes soldiers that were blown up or shot up to such a degree their remains could not be identified, soldiers left behind on the battlefield and later killed, and of course, believe it or not, soldiers who just said fuck it and left Vietnam, living under a new name. If there were any left over there they would have simply killed them and be done with in by 75'. Stupid ass video. That is not what is being argued, this is very simple to understand. McCain still served in combat, was shot down, and lived in a POW camp for 5 & 1/2 years. He refused early release and waited until everyone else was released before going home. Whether he was tortured or not, given preferential treatment or not, he was still shot down and rotted in a POW camp for 5 &1/2 years. He was not out chasing beaver for 5 &1/2 years having a good ol' time partying and evicting minorities from buildings he owned while having daddy keep his ass out of the military. Nope, he still put his ass on the line. Something our current President has NEVER done. Trump is the poster child for the philosophy of Looking Out for Number One.

Pathetic

RIP Commander McCain, I may not have always agreed with your position, but I came to respect you for you integrity later in life. McCain is a model life for the work in progress, and I believe the last 20 years of his life he had indeed become a good man.

Edited by IpMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IpMan said:

He was not out chasing beaver for 5 &1/2 years having a good ol' time partying and evicting minorities from buildings he owned while having daddy keep his ass out of the military. Nope, he still put his ass on the line. Something our current President has NEVER done. Trump is the poster child for the philosophy of Looking Out for Number One.

Seek professional help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kipper said:

haha that is funny.  Because I'm sure you voted for him. 

I didnt vote for him either but i find it so funny how suddenly Mcain is now a hero to people just because he was a never trumper.

 

lame

"Bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran."  Now he's their hero.  You can't make this stuff up. Lol!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheesh, you guys couldn't even wait a day before heaping your tired abuse and lies on poor McCain. Nice try with that video. Not. Sad and pathetic.

Edited by Strider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Strider said:

Sheesh, you guys couldn't even wait a day before heaping your tired abuse and lies on poor McCain. Nice try with that video. Not. Sad and pathetic.

^^^This from someone who heaps abuse on the President of the United States every day. Hypocrite.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

^^^This from someone who heaps abuse on the President of the United States every day. Hypocrite.

 

Really? I haven't mentioned the President in nearly a week. Go ahead and look. I dare you to find any post from this weekend where I mentioned Trump.

Also, the President is still alive. Usually a person is accorded a period of mourning when they die.

Keep up the comedy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Strider said:

Really? I haven't mentioned the President in nearly a week. Go ahead and look.

One week?! A personal best and your therapist should be commended.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

One week?! A personal best and your therapist should be commended.  

 

Like I said, keep the comedy coming. Save the therapist for yourself and your buddies like kipper, who sees HRC in his soup and mentions her far more than I do #45...even when she isn't even remotely a topic of conversation.

Steve, you piss on McCain for making money (oh the horror) while you slurp Trump for the same thing (thanks to his grandpa's brothel in Canada). Can you at least be consistent? Talk about hypocrisy.

Love these Monday morning laughs while I have my coffee.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strider said:

Steve, you piss on McCain for making money (oh the horror) while you slurp Trump for the same thing (thanks to his grandpa's brothel in Canada). Can you at least be consistent? 

I never "pissed on" McCain for enriching himself to the tune of $16 million as a life-long politician, I merely pointed it out to illustrate so many of his fellow veterans faring far, far worse. Note also I did so in direct response to IpMan's virtue signaling about how McCain had it so rough. I don't begrudge anyone for amassing wealth. Wealth is awesome. Whoever said $$$ can't buy happiness must of been a Democrat seeking to steal more of mine to fund more of theirs. You see, I am as consistent in my viewpoints as an atomic clock. 

It's guys such as yourself & IpMan that are strangers to consistency. On the one hand, you support athletes who openly disrespect the flag but on the other you have a meltdown if it isn't kept at half-staff until after McCain's interment. Guys like you insist a handful of Russians placing facebook ads can determine the outcome of a Presidential election, but your down with granting full citizenship & all the rights that entails, to include voting, to millions of illegals.     

It's gonna be a long week for anyone with a good memory because in the week ahead they will insist McCain was a maverick who was Presidential in all but title. What a crock of shit! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I never "pissed on" McCain for enriching himself to the tune of $16 million as a life-long politician, I merely pointed it out to illustrate so many of his fellow veterans faring far, far worse. Note also I did so in direct response to IpMan's virtue signaling about how McCain had it so rough. I don't begrudge anyone for amassing wealth. Wealth is awesome. Whoever said $$$ can't buy happiness must of been a Democrat seeking to steal more of mine to fund more of theirs. You see, I am as consistent in my viewpoints as an atomic clock. 

It's guys such as yourself & IpMan that are strangers to consistency. On the one hand, you support athletes who openly disrespect the flag but on the other you have a meltdown if it isn't kept at half-staff until after McCain's interment. Guys like you insist a handful of Russians placing facebook ads can determine the outcome of a Presidential election, but your down with granting full citizenship & all the rights that entails, to include voting, to millions of illegals.     

It's gonna be a long week for anyone with a good memory because in the week ahead they will insist McCain was a maverick who was Presidential in all but title. What a crock of shit! 

Who me? Well, since you mention it, I believe I can respect a man on the one hand for his later in life integrity and the fact he spent 5 & 1/2 in a POW camp. Plus, disagree with much of his policy issues and his blatant opportunism earlier in his career. A man can be more than one thing you know. Kinda like how I admire what Barack Obama is, what he did, and what he accomplished yet still be pissed off at him because he was way too much of a centrist, did not abolish the Patriot Act, and intensified the drone program.

The problem with Trump is I have found a person with zero redeeming qualities, a feat I believed impossible until now. Truthfully, you can name any President from American history and I point out several good things they did even though they were bad Presidents. Even Andrew Johnson stood against the Radical Republicans during reconstruction and was part of the buying of Alaska.

All our Stable Genius has done is reduce the office of the President to a cartoon, a laughing stock twittering away like some cranked up clown at 3am. The man is a walking Kurt Vonnegut novel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, IpMan said:

Who me? Well, since you mention it, I believe I can respect a man on the one hand for his later in life integrity and the fact he spent 5 & 1/2 in a POW camp. Plus, disagree with much of his policy issues and his blatant opportunism earlier in his career. A man can be more than one thing you know. Kinda like how I admire what Barack Obama is, what he did, and what he accomplished yet still be pissed off at him because he was way too much of a centrist, did not abolish the Patriot Act, and intensified the drone program.

The problem with Trump is I have found a person with zero redeeming qualities, a feat I believed impossible until now. Truthfully, you can name any President from American history and I point out several good things they did even though they were bad Presidents. Even Andrew Johnson stood against the Radical Republicans during reconstruction and was part of the buying of Alaska.

All our Stable Genius has done is reduce the office of the President to a cartoon, a laughing stock twittering away like some cranked up clown at 3am. The man is a walking Kurt Vonnegut novel.

Does being such a jealous little lefty not make you feel emasculated? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, paplbojo said:

Does being such a jealous little lefty not make you feel emasculated? 

Emasculated? Me? Surely you jest sir. Nature was kind enough to ensure I was very, very well endowed... with a healthy sense of self worth and service to my fellow human being. Nothing is more uplifting than knowing you are helping your fellow neighbors and making a difference.

Ahoy matey! I believe the main sail has been hoisted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IpMan said:

Who me? Well, since you mention it, I believe I can respect a man on the one hand for his later in life integrity and the fact he spent 5 & 1/2 in a POW camp. Plus, disagree with much of his policy issues and his blatant opportunism earlier in his career. A man can be more than one thing you know. Kinda like how I admire what Barack Obama is, what he did, and what he accomplished yet still be pissed off at him because he was way too much of a centrist, did not abolish the Patriot Act, and intensified the drone program.

The problem with Trump is I have found a person with zero redeeming qualities, a feat I believed impossible until now. Truthfully, you can name any President from American history and I point out several good things they did even though they were bad Presidents. Even Andrew Johnson stood against the Radical Republicans during reconstruction and was part of the buying of Alaska.

All our Stable Genius has done is reduce the office of the President to a cartoon, a laughing stock twittering away like some cranked up clown at 3am. The man is a walking Kurt Vonnegut novel.

McCain's "later in life integrity"? That must be liberal code for his stubborn obstructionism to Trump's agenda.

You think Obama was a centrist?! Hoooooooooooooly shit! I mean WOW.

Trump's redeeming quality is that he's kryptonite to all you virtue signaling leftists who destroyed the country for the past eight years. I freely admit I went well above and beyond the call of duty to get Donald J. Trump elected and I did so for two reasons -- to give HRC a bitch slap she'll take to the grave and to put a finger in the air like I just don't care to the 49% of America who won't support a conservative President/republic under any circumstances anyway. It's a Pyrrhic victory -- the country is inevitably gonna collapse into socialism regardless -- but damn it felt good to be a gangster on Presidential Election Day.

When it came to McCain, Trump called a spade a spade. Trump also keeps my stock portfolio happy -- THAT is all I want from any President, well, that and build my wall.

Edited by SteveAJones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Trump also keeps my stock portfolio happy -- THAT is all I want from any President, well, that and build my wall.

Ha !  Apparently not.  If that's all you want from your President, the last guy you detest so much raised my portfolio over 160%.  President Trump has done fairly well in that regard, but he isn't close to that mark.  We're also not done dealing, and anyone telling you to keep your money in place for some type of pending stock market boom because of Trump's recent economic policies is a fool.  The biggest % run-up in history isn't going to be followed by an even bigger increase.  

Now I've got a question for you and Okie Boy (who hasn't posted about anything else in two years here).  If the "Deep State" isn't defined by a corporate decrease in taxes from 35% to 21%.....What is your definition of "The Deep State" ?  Is there some motivating factor beyond money and corporate greed that the rest of us are missing ?  Is it like a Bigfoot hiding in the deep forest ?  Maybe a world-wide child molesting ring run out of the basements of local pizza parlors ?  Some global conspiracy by the 1% to keep the gene pool dirty so we all turn into Tiger Woods without guns and ammo ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody remember what the left and media said about McCain back in 2008?

Retired general and Barrack Obama supporter, Wesley Clark:"I don't think that McCain's service as a fighter pilot and prisoner of war was relevant to running the country."

Critics accused McCain of war crimes for bombing targets in Hanoi in the 1960's.  A widely read liberal blog accused McCain of "disloyalty" during his captivity in Vietnam for his coerced participation in propaganda films and interviews after he was "tortured".  "A lot of people don't know...that McCain made a propaganda video for the enemy while he was in captivity," wrote Americablog.com's John Aravosis.  "Putting that bit of disloyalty aside, what exactly is McCain's military experience that prepares him for being commander in chief?"

"Getting shot down, tortured and then doing propaganda for the enemy is not command experience," Aravosis wrote in the blog titled"Honestly, besides being tortured, what did McCain do to excel in the military?"

Democratic West Virginia Sen. John D Rockefeller IV, "What happened when the missiles get to the ground?  He doesn't know.  You have to care about the lives of people.  McCain never gets into those issues."   

CNN: "Listen to some Democrats and you'll think the 71-year old Arizona senator is a man lost in a perpetual fog.  He is "confused" and has "lost his bearings" and is "out of touch".

May 200*:  Sen Barrack Obama: In an interview with Wolf Blitzer, McCain had "lost his bearings" while pursing the Republican nomination.

Sen John Kerry: said in a hastily arranged conference call that McCain is "unbelievably out of touch" and that it "is really becoming more crystal clear..that John McCain simply doesn't understand."  He confuses who Iran is training, he confuses what the makeup of al Qaeda is and he confuses history."   

CNN:  "Adding to McCain's age problem is the fact that, due to hi war-related injuries, he walks witha stiff gait.  Fairly or unfairly, he doesn't give the appearance of energy and vigor that voters seek ina  President."  

Go back and look.....this is a scant sampling and a mountain of criticism against McCain.....until he started voting Democratic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Ha !  Apparently not.  If that's all you want from your President, the last guy you detest so much raised my portfolio over 160%.  President Trump has done fairly well in that regard, but he isn't close to that mark.  We're also not done dealing, and anyone telling you to keep your money in place for some type of pending stock market boom because of Trump's recent economic policies is a fool.  The biggest % run-up in history isn't going to be followed by an even bigger increase.  

Now I've got a question for you and Okie Boy (who hasn't posted about anything else in two years here).  If the "Deep State" isn't defined by a corporate decrease in taxes from 35% to 21%.....What is your definition of "The Deep State" ?  Is there some motivating factor beyond money and corporate greed that the rest of us are missing ?  Is it like a Bigfoot hiding in the deep forest ?  Maybe a world-wide child molesting ring run out of the basements of local pizza parlors ?  Some global conspiracy by the 1% to keep the gene pool dirty so we all turn into Tiger Woods without guns and ammo ? 

The market did well DESPITE Obama. If you need proof look no further than the FACT the 1.075 percent average annual growth in real GDP under Obama equals less than a third (31.57 percent) of the 3.405 percent average annual growth in real GDP the United States saw over the last two decades of the last century. Obama, despite being a two term President, is the only President in American history not to have at least one year of GDP growth greater than 3%. If I recall correctly, Obama's 1.075% GDP average is the second lowest average in American history. Obama Presidency was an abysmal failure economically.

The deep state is influential members of government agencies, the military and the private sector who advance their agendas through the manipulation or control of government policy. Think FBI, CIA, NSA directors, senior DoD bureaucrats, the banks, the lobbyists, etc. One could argue lowering the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21% is a by-product of it, but the counter-argument to that would be that so is raising it. I could go on but this is the wrong thread and probably the wrong forum.  

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/deep-state-america/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gibsonfan159 said:

My political opinion for the day.

 

FB_IMG_1535476159956.jpg

THAT is one I think we can all agree on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2018 at 1:10 PM, Strider said:

Like I said, keep the comedy coming. Save the therapist for yourself and your buddies like kipper, who sees HRC in his soup and mentions her far more than I do #45...even when she isn't even remotely a topic of conversation.

Steve, you piss on McCain for making money (oh the horror) while you slurp Trump for the same thing (thanks to his grandpa's brothel in Canada). Can you at least be consistent? Talk about hypocrisy.

Love these Monday morning laughs while I have my coffee.

 

If she had won then you would be mentioning her every two seconds. BTW I notice you don't complain when waltur brings up Trump all the time. Why the different standard Strider?

I thank Obama for one thing, and that is it took him to cure me from my  belief in the left was on my side. I thought he would be the one person who brought America together, but he was the one who divided it worse than ever, and HRC would have been worse.  "Wouldn't you like to see a woman as president?"  had to be the most biased infantile comment any politician ever uttered.  If race, gender, or  sexual orientation are not supposed to divide us, why does the left use it like a club to divide us by identity politics Strider?

You seem like a nice guy, we probably would enjoy sharing cofee and donuts and talking zeppelin, but you need to evolve. Doesnt mean being far right, but somewhere in the middle makes more sense. which thank God is where i learned I had to be just to live with myself and what I hold dear. HRC is not that place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×