Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
SteveAJones

The Rest in Peace Thread

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

The market did well DESPITE Obama. If you need proof look no further than the FACT the 1.075 percent average annual growth in real GDP under Obama equals less than a third (31.57 percent) of the 3.405 percent average annual growth in real GDP the United States saw over the last two decades of the last century. Obama, despite being a two term President, is the only President in American history not to have at least one year of GDP growth greater than 3%. If I recall correctly, Obama's 1.075% GDP average is the second lowest average in American history. Obama Presidency was an abysmal failure economically.

The deep state is influential members of government agencies, the military and the private sector who advance their agendas through the manipulation or control of government policy. Think FBI, CIA, NSA directors, senior DoD bureaucrats, the banks, the lobbyists, etc. One could argue lowering the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21% is a by-product of it, but the counter-argument to that would be that so is raising it. I could go on but this is the wrong thread and probably the wrong forum.  

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/deep-state-america/

 

 

Whoops, wrong again Steve. When Obama took over the country had just spiraled into a depression akin to 1931, the difference being the centrist Obama continued with the republican bail out of the banks which stopped the depression and turned it into a massive downturn instead. Of course fixing something like that will take time and that is why by the end of his second term America had completely recovered. If Roosevelt had been a two term President he would have had the lowest GDP in American history but WWII changed that. The depression of 1893 under Cleveland and the Depression of 1920 -21 under Wilson / Harding were eased by the fact that we had a more true free market system whereby there was no to big to fail and thus the economy bounced back much faster. The Depression of 1931' - 40' (people think it began in 29' with the stock market crash but not completely true as the US did not truly enter a depression until 18 months later due to failed Coolidge policies) was more akin to 2008 in that it affected the greater financial market vs. speculative failures of earlier depressions and thus lasted longer.

The fact is, what Obama and much of congress did saved the US from serious disaster. I did not agree with the bail out, however it was necessary along the lines of cutting off an arm to save the body. The problem is no corrective and preventative legislature of merit came out of it. As a result, we are currently heading toward a similar disaster akin to 2008 but due to different forces. Our current stock market is incredibly artificially inflated. If it were not for the stock buy backs the corporations are doing due to the tax cuts (no new jobs, wages stagnant or falling, and inflation rising faster than any time since the 1970's) the stock market would be around 15,000 - 16,000 right now adjusted. Now, add in the tariffs being imposed and all economic indicators show a major market correction by end of the third quarter or end of fourth quarter at the absolute latest. I would not be lauding my portfolio right now if I were you Steve, I would be liquidating as quickly as possible and shifting to Treasury notes as inflation is about to go through the roof, especially because of this trade war which we will lose.

A quote from one of my favorite movies sums it up perfectly, "...it's all one big shit sandwich, and we all gotta take a bite."

Edited by IpMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IpMan said:

Whoops, wrong again Steve. When Obama took over the country had just spiraled into a depression akin to 1931, the difference being the centrist Obama continued with the republican bail out of the banks which stopped the depression and turned it into a massive downturn instead. Of course fixing something like that will take time and that is why by the end of his second term America had completely recovered. If Roosevelt had been a two term President he would have had the lowest GDP in American history but WWII changed that. The depression of 1893 under Cleveland and the Depression of 1920 -21 under Wilson / Harding were eased by the fact that we had a more true free market system whereby there was no to big to fail and thus the economy bounced back much faster. The Depression of 1931' - 40' (people think it began in 29' with the stock market crash but not completely true as the US did not truly enter a depression until 18 months later due to failed Coolidge policies) was more akin to 2008 in that it affected the greater financial market vs. speculative failures of earlier depressions and thus lasted longer.

The fact is, what Obama and much of congress did saved the US from serious disaster. I did not agree with the bail out, however it was necessary along the lines of cutting off an arm to save the body. The problem is no corrective and preventative legislature of merit came out of it. As a result, we are currently heading toward a similar disaster akin to 2008 but due to different forces. Our current stock market is incredibly artificially inflated. If it were not for the stock buy backs the corporations are doing due to the tax cuts (no new jobs, wages stagnant or falling, and inflation rising faster than any time since the 1970's) the stock market would be around 15,000 - 16,000 right now adjusted. Now, add in the tariffs being imposed and all economic indicators show a major market correction by end of the third quarter or end of fourth quarter at the absolute latest. I would not be lauding my portfolio right now if I were you Steve, I would be liquidating as quickly as possible and shifting to Treasury notes as inflation is about to go through the roof, especially because of this trade war which we will lose.

A quote from one of my favorite movies sums it up perfectly, "...it's all one big shit sandwich, and we all gotta take a bite."

American taxpayers received a return of pennies on the dollar for the bailout and Obama was not a Centrist by any measure of merit. Agree on all else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

The market did well DESPITE Obama

The market is a forward predictor of economic activity and sentiment.  As much as I despise the man, President Trump deserves full credit for the market increase that has occurred during his watch.  If it had fallen 20% during his 18 months in office, he would surely also be taking the blame.  The rules work the same for Democratic, foreign born, Muslim, African American Presidents...and how kind of "The Deep State" to allow him to serve two terms.  This is called being able to think objectively and analyzing with a level mental playing field, regardless of any political affiliation.  In six words, you have proven you are uncapable of objectively analyzing the related historical and factual data.    

Quote

 

The deep state is influential members of government agencies, the military and the private sector who advance their agendas through the manipulation or control of government policy. Think FBI, CIA, NSA directors, senior DoD bureaucrats, the banks, the lobbyists, etc. One could argue lowering the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21% is a by-product of it, but the counter-argument to that would be that so is raising it. I could go on but this is the wrong thread and probably the wrong forum.  

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/deep-state-america/

 

   So it's just like Bigfoot and UFOs.  There's a deep, dark, and foreboding forest, so your political and conspiracy-filled imagination is sated by the belief in unproven and conspiracy filled theories, and no matter which way the wind blows, your tilted mental playing field has it all covered.   I see you Steve.  :ph34r: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

This is called being able to think objectively and analyzing with a level mental playing field, regardless of any political affiliation.  In six words, you have proven you are uncapable of objectively analyzing the related historical and factual data.    

   So it's just like Bigfoot and UFOs.  There's a deep, dark, and foreboding forest, so your political and conspiracy-filled imagination is sated by the belief in unproven and conspiracy filled theories, and no matter which way the wind blows, your tilted mental playing field has it all covered.   I see you Steve.  :ph34r: 

Oh, bullshit. First of all, you are a partisan as they come. Secondly, I have a towering intellect and I make points you cannot rebut so you default to ad hominem attacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2018 at 6:02 AM, Stryder1978 said:

Go back and look.....this is a scant sampling and a mountain of criticism against McCain.....until he started voting American!

FTFY.

I think many of you are confusing the issue. One can honour a man's (or woman's) service to his country and consider him a hero and yet still not want to vote for him as president. There are plenty of senators and congressmen that I am sure are good at their job but that doesn't mean I would want them as president. 

Even Winston Churchill, an inspirational godlike hero to the British during WWII, had his country turn on him and vote him out during peace-time.

John McCain's bigness reflects the smallness of Trump and his critics. Rest in peace, Senator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Strider said:

FTFY.

I think many of you are confusing the issue. One can honour a man's (or woman's) service to his country and consider him a hero and yet still not want to vote for him as president. There are plenty of senators and congressmen that I am sure are good at their job but that doesn't mean I would want them as president. 

Even Winston Churchill, an inspirational godlike hero to the British during WWII, had his country turn on him and vote him out during peace-time.

John McCain's bigness reflects the smallness of Trump and his critics. Rest in peace, Senator.

Tell that to the DEMOncRATS  that demonized him  - including Barrack Obama - until he lost the election and turned  on his party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strider said:

John McCain's bigness reflects the smallness of Trump and his critics. Rest in peace, Senator.

Well said Strider. . A big F'n +1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazingly, John McCain's mother Roberta is still alive at 106 and will be attending his funeral. 

Sad to hear that Sarah Palin wasn't invited to the funeral. That decision was rather bitter and mean spirited imo.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bozoso73 said:

Well said Strider. . A big F'n +1

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

Amazingly, [ ]'s  mother Roberta is still alive at 106 and will be attending his funeral. 

Sad to hear that Sarah Palin wasn't invited to the funeral. That decision was rather bitter and mean spirited.

Traitor - a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust

https://yournewswire.com/mccain-posing-al-qaeda-isis/

McCain-ISIS-pals-1

               

Image result for mccain neonazisImage result for mccain neonazis

Al Qaeda, ISIS, Neo-Nazis, and from what I see, Dems will mourn his loss.

Hi 'CBR'! How's it goin'? Senator Who?

That creatin that got his injuries from crashing his airship and singing like a songbird?...

The Tokyo Rose of Hanoi. Made damn well sure that those Nam records were sealed up tight after the War.

I'm sad to see someone go to Hell, but when it's military and they're given the option of a death date or MIL EXE, I'm glad they're given a date and time. :lol: I'm surprised he didn't take the needle.

This guy not only got the Presidential press briefings, he got the current Prez's phone calls.

Hey Strider, Legal? Or Deep State? It's sad that you changed in Nov of 2016. Not my fault. Bitter dregs on you.

Projection. What is it? That's when people throw shit that they do on others!!! 

Collusion w/ foreign country anyone? Dear Traitor, You blew it, and you now have a timer on your ass!

Leaking secrets to outside forces is a criminal offense that leads to the death sentence.

Navy man? Loose ships sinks ships? TRAITOR. Your brain has been dead for more than a decade.

This post may be edited due to lz.com format

RIP Person Absent of Name

Edited by apantherfrommd
Video came through

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:31 AM, IpMan said:

Emasculated? Me? Surely you jest sir. Nature was kind enough to ensure I was very, very well endowed... with a healthy sense of self worth and service to my fellow human being. Nothing is more uplifting than knowing you are helping your fellow neighbors and making a difference.

Ahoy matey! I believe the main sail has been hoisted!

Dayam! Where is my ROTFL. I hate these cheap B&W ATARI 2600 1976 cheesy-assed emojis.

 But it's very true. It is uplifting to help others. You know it. The Ahoy matey gets them every time.

Edited by apantherfrommd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:03 PM, Walter said:

He went through more Hell than any of his pathetic critics have ever even imagined.

Actually don't. No reason to bother.

Edited by apantherfrommd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2018 at 11:06 PM, IpMan said:

Who me? Well, since you mention it, I believe I can respect a man on the one hand for his later in life integrity and the fact he spent 5 & 1/2 in a POW camp. Plus, disagree with much of his policy issues and his blatant opportunism earlier in his career. A man can be more than one thing you know. Kinda like how I admire what Barack Obama is, what he did, and what he accomplished yet still be pissed off at him because he was way too much of a centrist, did not abolish the Patriot Act, and intensified the drone program.

The problem with Trump is I have found a person with zero redeeming qualities, a feat I believed impossible until now. Truthfully, you can name any President from American history and I point out several good things they did even though they were bad Presidents. Even Andrew Johnson stood against the Radical Republicans during reconstruction and was part of the buying of Alaska.

All our Stable Genius has done is reduce the office of the President to a cartoon, a laughing stock twittering away like some cranked up clown at 3am. The man is a walking Kurt Vonnegut novel.

Ever heard of TPP or ISIS? Huge topics under previous ADMIN.

Current: Squashed but 'Maybe' for TPP. ISIS - all but dead - a few pockets ere and there (even in US) Thanks to past Admin)

But even "We Will Not Say His Name" Helped that into being No-Name sold so many weapons to Al Qaeda and ISIS and Neo-Nazis it's hard to think about.

More questions to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

Ever heard of TPP or ISIS? Huge topics under previous ADMIN.

Current: Squashed but 'Maybe' for TPP. ISIS - all but dead - a few pockets ere and there (even in US) Thanks to past Admin)

But even "We Will Not Say His Name" Helped that into being No-Name sold so many weapons to Al Qaeda and ISIS and Neo-Nazis it's hard to think about.

More questions to come.

Of course because the US makes alliances with those who fit our purpose at the time but then become our enemies later. It was the US who placed Saddam Hussein & the Shah of Iran in power, it was the US who backed the Taliban back in the 80's & 90's when they were still called the Mujahadeen. Also, fun fact, if it were not for the economic support of US business interests of the Nazi's, and the US government who turned a blind eye at the time, the German economy would have completely collapsed by 1934 and WWII would have never happened.

US foreign policy since day one has been amazingly shortsighted and as a result we keep stepping on our own dicks over and over again. That being said I do not give McCain a pass or any other politician regardless of affiliation for mistakes and  / or misdeeds. I did not agree with 99% of McCain's positions, however he did spend 5 1/2 years as a POW and was respected by his peers. A person who dodges the draft does not have the right to pass judgment on another who did not, especially when the person dodged the draft not because they were a conscientious objector, but because he was an entitled little twat. Finally, if a person avoids the draft, for any reason, he or she should not be able to send troops into harms way for obvious reasons. You cannot say, "um, I will not fight but I have no problem sending others to do so." 

That's bullshit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

Traitor - a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust

https://yournewswire.com/mccain-posing-al-qaeda-isis/

McCain-ISIS-pals-1

               

Image result for mccain neonazisImage result for mccain neonazis

Al Qaeda, ISIS, Neo-Nazis, and from what I see, Dems will mourn his loss.

Hi 'CBR'! How's it goin'? Senator Who?

That creatin that got his injuries from crashing his airship and singing like a songbird?...

The Tokyo Rose of Hanoi. Made damn well sure that those Nam records were sealed up tight after the War.

I'm sad to see someone go to Hell, but when it's military and they're given the option of a death date or MIL EXE, I'm glad they're given a date and time. :lol: I'm surprised he didn't take the needle.

This guy not only got the Presidential press briefings, he got the current Prez's phone calls.

Hey Strider, Legal? Or Deep State? It's sad that you changed in Nov of 2016. Not my fault. Bitter dregs on you.

Projection. What is it? That's when people throw shit that they do on others!!! 

Collusion w/ foreign country anyone? Dear Traitor, You blew it, and you now have a timer on your ass!

Leaking secrets to outside forces is a criminal offense that leads to the death sentence.

Navy man? Loose ships sinks ships? TRAITOR. Your brain has been dead for more than a decade.

This post may be edited due to lz.com format

RIP Person Absent of Name

Are you on drugs? Do you even read the tripe you post? I don't even know why you brought up my name. 'Legal or Deep State' what?

Oh my god. I just had a look at the link you posted...it's from "your news wire.com". Another bunch of conspiracy-addled minds. This site has long been discredited as fake news bullshit. The fact that you routinely post crap from fake news sites and bogus youtube channels shows you are not even worth taking seriously. You really are TROLLING. Say hello to the Tikki Torch Nazis and Q Anon crazies. Buh-bye...I'm due back on planet Earth.

Edited by Strider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to Earth and the reason for this thread.

It's been a bummer of a summer for L.A. icons. First, we lost Gina Zamparelli a few months ago. Then late in July, Jonathan Gold passed away mere weeks after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He was only 57.

Both Grace and Jonathan were fixtures of the L.A. music scene in the 1980s and '90s. She as a promoter and he as music writer for the L.A. Weekly and L.A. Times.

Later, Jonathan shifted to also writing about food and restaurants in L.A. It's weirdly coincidental that he should happen to pass shortly after Anthony Bourdain, as he was L.A.'s own Bourdain...even predating him as Jonathan was doing his writings and investigating the offbeat and underground cuisines of Los Angeles long before Anthony came along with his TV show.

So many restaurants that are my regular haunts I discovered thanks to Jonathan Gold. He was funny and informative and his loss leaves a gaping hole in Los Angeles.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2018/07/remembering-jonathan-gold/565820/

Edited by Strider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2018 at 10:27 PM, IpMan said:

There were no POW's left in Vietnam after 1973, there was never any proof because why would the Vietnamese keep the 2,646 Americans missing in action? The majority of that number constitutes soldiers that were blown up or shot up to such a degree their remains could not be identified, soldiers left behind on the battlefield and later killed, and of course, believe it or not, soldiers who just said fuck it and left Vietnam, living under a new name. If there were any left over there they would have simply killed them and be done with in by 75'.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/mccain-and-the-pow-cover-up/

Excerpt from article:

The sum of the secrets McCain has sought to hide is not small. There exists a telling mass of official documents, radio intercepts, witness depositions, satellite photos of rescue symbols that pilots were trained to use, electronic messages from the ground containing the individual code numbers given to airmen, a rescue mission by a special forces unit that was aborted twice by Washington—and even sworn testimony by two Defense secretaries that “men were left behind.” This imposing body of evidence suggests that a large number—the documents indicate probably hundreds—of the U.S. prisoners held by Vietnam were not returned when the peace treaty was signed in January 1973 and Hanoi released 591 men, among them Navy combat pilot John S. McCain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2018 at 10:22 AM, Strider said:

John McCain's bigness reflects the smallness of Trump and his critics. Rest in peace, Senator.

Yeah right!   John McCain cheated on his first wife who was the woman who waited for him to return  from POW. During that time she was in a car accident and lost use of her legs. When Mccain returned from the war I guess his loyalty was really superficial. He was having an afair while still married to the woman who stood by him. really nice guy Strider.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/mccain-and-the-pow-cover-up/

Excerpt from article:

The sum of the secrets McCain has sought to hide is not small. There exists a telling mass of official documents, radio intercepts, witness depositions, satellite photos of rescue symbols that pilots were trained to use, electronic messages from the ground containing the individual code numbers given to airmen, a rescue mission by a special forces unit that was aborted twice by Washington—and even sworn testimony by two Defense secretaries that “men were left behind.” This imposing body of evidence suggests that a large number—the documents indicate probably hundreds—of the U.S. prisoners held by Vietnam were not returned when the peace treaty was signed in January 1973 and Hanoi released 591 men, among them Navy combat pilot John S. McCain.

That means about as much as the paper I use to wipe my ass with. Show us the evidence this article claims to exist, this "imposing" body of evidence surely must be available so, lets see it.

In other news, there is an imposing body of evidence to suggest I am the worlds greatest lover, the absolute best with the most amazing member to boot. Also, I have visited the moon, Venus, and Mars as part of a super-secret deep state space program coordinated with aliens from Tau Ceti Alpha.

Oh, I almost forgot... I am Buckethead too. Rock On BITCHES!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Strider said:

Are you on drugs? Do you even read the tripe you post? I don't even know why you brought up my name. 'Legal or Deep State' what?

Oh my god. I just had a look at the link you posted...it's from "your news wire.com". Another bunch of conspiracy-addled minds. This site has long been discredited as fake news bullshit. The fact that you routinely post crap from fake news sites and bogus youtube channels shows you are not even worth taking seriously. You really are TROLLING. Say hello to the Tikki Torch Nazis and Q Anon crazies. Buh-bye...I'm due back on planet Earth.

I brought you up because you said you fully trust our intelligence community, and deep state is a myth.

As for pics and youtube channels, you can't dispute it's the admiral's son. I paid no attention nor showed favoritism of where it came from. Does something need to be MSM before you believe it? NY Times tried to debunk it. They couldn't.

Just because it wasn't from the NY Times or Washington Comm Post (which has had to do so many retractions from fake stories) doesn't make the video or the audio not true. Nor does it make me a troll, because you and I disagree. The troll word is getting old for a 10 plus year old veteran of this site. If I was a troll, I'd charge admission for you to read my posts. People posted their opinions. I have the same right. I was actually being kind. Now how'z about I say what I really feel? :lol: Let's not go there.

 

9 hours ago, IpMan said:

That means about as much as the paper I use to wipe my ass with. Show us the evidence this article claims to exist, this "imposing" body of evidence surely must be available so, lets see it.

In other news, there is an imposing body of evidence to suggest I am the worlds greatest lover, the absolute best with the most amazing member to boot. Also, I have visited the moon, Venus, and Mars as part of a super-secret deep state space program coordinated with aliens from Tau Ceti Alpha.

Oh, I almost forgot... I am Buckethead too. Rock On BITCHES!!!

World's greatest lover? Wait a minute! That's debatable, Elon. I got a coffee mug with those very words. :lol: Rock on Forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, IpMan said:

That means about as much as the paper I use to wipe my ass with. Show us the evidence this article claims to exist, this "imposing" body of evidence surely must be available so, lets see it.

All discussed in the article I linked.

Quote

 

In other news, there is an imposing body of evidence to suggest I am the worlds greatest lover, the absolute best with the most amazing member to boot. Also, I have visited the moon, Venus, and Mars as part of a super-secret deep state space program coordinated with aliens from Tau Ceti Alpha.

Oh, I almost forgot... I am Buckethead too. Rock On BITCHES!!!

 

Interesting.  Is that before or after you took the brown acid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeeesh…..It's hot outside....get 'em in the ground already !!   Preachers giving me too moments on stage for the world to see....Some lady wearing a black helicopter on her head singing mumbly garbage.....arguing about past politics....except for the pink caddies on 7 Mile, I've had all I can stands !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

All discussed in the article I linked.

Discussed...Hmmm, I did not realize discussion among morons was considered part of the scientific method or factual accounting. I can discuss shit all day however without EVIDENCE and verifiable PROOF it means jack shit.

Go figure the article does not reference any scholarly, accepted reports or investigations. I wonder why???

In other discussable news, Cryingbluerain has the crabs. How do I know this? Because I discussed it with three other guys and a manatee and they all agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×