The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

scottasheton_150.jpg

Stooges drummer Scott Asheton dead, Iggy Pop says
March 16, 2014, 6:52 PM EST

By Todd Cunningham

TheWrap

Scott Asheton, a founding member and the drummer in the rock band the Stooges has died, singer Iggy Pop said on his Facebook page Sunday.

"My dear friend Scott Asheton passed away last night," Pop said in his post. Ashetonwas 64.

Also from TheWrap: 'Seinfeld' Actor Wayne Knight Is Not Dead, Wayne Knight Confirms

"Scott was a great artist, I have never heard anyone play the drums with more meaning than Scott Asheton. He was like my brother. He and Ron have left a huge legacy to the world. The Ashetons have always been and continue to be a second family to me.

"My thoughts are with his sister Kathy, his wife Liz and his daughter Leanna, who was the light of his life."

Asheton co-formed the Stooges in 1967 along with his older brother Ron, Pop, and Dave Alexander.

Edited by the chase

scottasheton_150.jpg

By Todd Cunningham

TheWrap

Scott Asheton, a founding member and the drummer in the rock band the Stooges has died, singer Iggy Pop said on his Facebook page Sunday.

"My dear friend Scott Asheton passed away last night," Pop said in his post. Ashetonwas 64.

Also from TheWrap: 'Seinfeld' Actor Wayne Knight Is Not Dead, Wayne Knight Confirms

"Scott was a great artist, I have never heard anyone play the drums with more meaning than Scott Asheton. He was like my brother. He and Ron have left a huge legacy to the world. The Ashetons have always been and continue to be a second family to me.

"My thoughts are with his sister Kathy, his wife Liz and his daughter Leanna, who was the light of his life."

Asheton co-formed the Stooges in 1967 along with his older brother Ron, Pop, and Dave Alexander.

You hate to see the drummers pass. :(

Some people seem to lead charmed lives, but deep down we never know what demons haunt them. She was so talented and a successful businesswoman in her own right. May she find peace and may MJ and her family find the strength to come to terms with this tragic loss.

Edited by DropDown

I hate to use the phrase Rest In Peace, but Fred Phelps of Westboro Baptist Church is finally dead.

I think his gravesite should become a kind of Mecca for the LGBT community to visit and have sex at.

And even if you're not gay, just to come by and take a leak on his headstone would be equally deserving.

Of course, I'm goofing.

Let the hate die with him is my position.

In his case, I imagine it's more like Rest In Flames.

I hate to use the phrase Rest In Peace, but Fred Phelps of Westboro Baptist Church is finally dead.

I think his gravesite should become a kind of Mecca for the LGBT community to visit and have sex at.

And even if you're not gay, just to come by and take a leak on his headstone would be equally deserving.

Of course, I'm goofing.

Let the hate die with him is my position.

In his case, I imagine it's more like Rest In Flames.

So, will his "church" members protest and disrupt his own funeral? :rolleyes:

Ding-dong, the witch is dead! :banana:

Edited by Strider

Rest in Peace to the Great Character actor, James Rebhorn. Many may not know Him by name but would know Him by the characters that He played in movies and television. Melanoma was the given cause of Death.

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/vZC2cJsvO4MZ17.5KLGbtg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-US/blogs/movie-news/1c384a90-b2b6-11e3-b462-99c88e812877_Hero_JamesRebhorn.jpg

The Game (with Michael Douglas)
Carlito's Way (with Al Pacino)

Meet the Parents (with Robert De Niro)

Scent of a Woman (with Al Pacino)
Independence Day (with Will Smith)... and dozens and dozens of more movies.

Edited by kingzoso

scottasheton_150.jpg

By Todd Cunningham

TheWrap

What a terrible weekend it was last week...Stooge drummer Scott Asheton passed away on Saturday and the day before, leader of the awesome and out-of-nowhere '60s band The Monks, Gary Burger, shuffled off this mortal coil. Rest in peace.

http://blog.thecurrent.org/2014/03/gary-burger-of-the-monks-passes-away/

I know this thread is reserved for celebrities, but, in my world, this is close as I get...RIP...one of these fine men leaves 3 kids, all under the age of 10...

Police and Fire are the only jobs I know (other than US soldiers) whose job description includes them not coming home at the end of their shift.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2014/03/26/five-alarm-fire-breaks-out-beacon-street-back-bay/NkUmG8ezvRoVsclCepPSZO/story.html

I know this thread is reserved for celebrities, but, in my world, this is close as I get...RIP...one of these fine men leaves 3 kids, all under the age of 10...

Police and Fire are the only jobs I know (other than US soldiers) whose job description includes them not coming home at the end of their shift.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2014/03/26/five-alarm-fire-breaks-out-beacon-street-back-bay/NkUmG8ezvRoVsclCepPSZO/story.html

QFT.

"We lost two heroes here today." Mayor Martin J. Walsh

Edited by Strider

• 2 weeks later...

That should include Services personnel from more than the US. In recent years, the UK has supported the US in overseas operations, and we have also lost military. And that includes Blue on Blue fire regrettably.

(other than US soldiers) whose job description includes them not coming home at the end of their shift.