The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

9 hours ago, kipper said:

All I am saying is that when "the hammer comes down" it may just end up with a popular thread locked or deleted. 

Everybody can see the types of exchanges that go on, including the moderators. You aren't pointing out what is already on record.  Usually when a thread ends up locked it isn't due to the first offending posts which cause that, it happens due to a backlash of other posts by others.  Sort of, "if you can't kids can't play nice then time to come inside and go to bed".   My advice would be that returning with personal attacks (calling someone moronic) is actually escalating-- not escalating. 

Sometimes using sarcastic humor is the better way to note disapproval to a thing. And that for the rest of us is way more entertaining too.

Meanwhile, I think we should just leave the rest of this alone.

Respectfully,

Kip

+1 Kipper, I will leave this be so as not to cause Sam to close this thread or possible banning,

Love Seinfeld, one of the all time great shows!

Edited by RainbowElf
Typo

9 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

It was you who brought it up so I suggest you kiss my ass.

You seem to have some real issues bud and it appears you feel there is a different set of rules for you compared to everyone else.

That's fine, if you wish to be nasty and inappropriate, whatever.

2 hours ago, redrum said:

Was just talking about Kojak yesterday. Dobson also starred in 'Midway.'

CROCKER!!!!

Yes. My uncle lewis was in the battle of midway and was interviewed on tv years ago before he passed away. He shot down Japanese zeros. 

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm3873483/

https://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/NHC/NewPDFs/USN/Action reports/USN.Oral.History.Dive.Bombers.Midway.RAdm.Lewis.Hopkins.pdf

R😎

Edited by reids

1 hour ago, reids said:

Yes. My uncle lewis was in the battle of midway and was interviewed on tv years ago before he passed away. He shot down Japanese zeros. 

Heroes , we need more like your uncle. May he RIP.

Had an uncle who lost half of his hearing during the assault and capture of the Ludendorff Bridge at Remagen when a kraut explosive was detonated near him.

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, kipper said:

Had an uncle who lost half of his hearing during the assault and capture of the Ludendorff Bridge at Remagen when a kraut explosive was detonated near him.

spacer.png

Yes, Indeed. Agreed. Too many, today, do not have any idea what it means to sacrifice for our country. May your uncle Rest In Peace, too.

R😎

7 hours ago, reids said:

Yes, Indeed. Agreed. Too many, today, do not have any idea what it means to sacrifice for our country. May your uncle Rest In Peace, too.

R😎

7 hours ago, kipper said:

Thanks!

That's why there is so much disrespect for our flag and country, with these people taking knees and burning Flags, and disrespecting the President.

God bless both your Uncles.

Edited by RainbowElf

R.I.P. Roy Head. His "Treat Her Right" was used to magnificent effect in "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood". Also, when Jimmy Page joined Robert Plant at the Hammersmith Odeon in 1983 for their first time on stage together since Led Zeppelin, it was Roy Head's "Treat Her Right" that they played.

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/roy-head-dead-treat-her-right-rocker-once-upon-time-hollywood-1234779102/

6 hours ago, Strider said:

R.I.P. Roy Head. His "Treat Her Right" was used to magnificent effect in "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood". Also, when Jimmy Page joined Robert Plant at the Hammersmith Odeon in 1983 for their first time on stage together since Led Zeppelin, it was Roy Head's "Treat Her Right" that they played.

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/roy-head-dead-treat-her-right-rocker-once-upon-time-hollywood-1234779102/

Great song. Short and sweet. The man had the moves. :)

On 9/21/2020 at 7:31 PM, kipper said:

spacer.png

Gotta finish reading this.

https://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/NHC/NewPDFs/USN/Action reports/USN.Oral.History.Dive.Bombers.Midway.RAdm.Lewis.Hopkins.pdf

Don't know why, but I think the American soldier's helmet looked so bad ass. Marines too.

Army Helmet Evolution | History of the U.S. Army HelmetUS Marines lifting Marine causality with leg injury on Iwo Jima in February  1945 | The Digital Collections of the National WWII Museum : Oral Histories

7 hours ago, Strider said:

RIP Roy

His song featured in one of my all time favorite musical films 'The Commitments' (1991)