The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

On 12/4/2020 at 3:53 AM, RainbowElf said:

My favorite era was when Sgt. Slaughter turned babyface and fought against the Iron sheik, though my father was a fan from way back when Tolos the Golden Greek was wrestling, and Bob Backlund was a young and upcoming new comer. 

I used to watch Dick the Bruiser with me grandma back in the 70's when I was a wee lad. She also loved Rollerderby. Now that I think of it, that old battle axe loved all kinds of violence themed entertainment. Too bad she was to late for 1 century bc Rome and too early for MMA & Jackass.

17 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Yeah, wasn't sure if this section was for people who had died recently or general remembrance.  I felt the anniversary of his death was quite worthy of mention.

I think the general rule of thumb is this thread is for "breaking news" deaths as they happen and if you want to acknowledge the anniversary of a death, use the individual's or band's thread in the Other Bands/Music section. So Tommy Bolin could be noted in the Deep Purple thread.

On 12/6/2020 at 12:44 AM, BobDobbs said:

I used to watch Dick the Bruiser with me grandma back in the 70's when I was a wee lad. She also loved Rollerderby. Now that I think of it, that old battle axe loved all kinds of violence themed entertainment. Too bad she was to late for 1 century bc Rome and too early for MMA & Jackass.

Those were the good old days of wrestling.

I would just like to post a remembrance to all the US soldiers and civilians on the anniversary of the Japanese attack on Wake Island the day after Pearl Harbor.  Incredible story.  The Japanese came full force at the island fully expecting to take the island immediately, but US forces and civilians held off the Japanese from 8-23 December.  I worked on the island for 4 years and the island is still a testament to those brave Americans.   

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

I would just like to post a remembrance to all the US soldiers and civilians on the anniversary of the Japanese attack on Wake Island the day after Pearl Harbor.  Incredible story.  The Japanese came full force at the island fully expecting to take the island immediately, but US forces and civilians held off the Japanese from 8-23 December.  I worked on the island for 4 years and the island is still a testament to those brave Americans.   

The Arizona.

https://www.scubadiving.com/sites/scubadiving.com/files/styles/opengraph_1_91x1/public/images/2016/11/scd1216_curr_13.jpg?itok=fz_uJBPw

R.I.P. Charlie Pride.

Back in September 1975 Bo Diddley (deceased 2008), was playing a gig at the Coogee Oceanic Hotel and Charlie got up with him and they did a rendition of Dobie Gray's Drift Away.

Great voice and something of a departure from Bo's usual repertoire.