The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

31 minutes ago, Brigante said:

RIP Sylvain.

Yep. So, now the last NY Doll living is David Johansen. (Pictured: D.J, Hubert Sumlin (R.I.P.) & me circa 2004 (Nashville, TN: Summer NAMM).

R😎

E4E241C8-833A-46A9-A2CB-202E74B01E42.jpeg

Edited by reids

Excellent, Reids. Missed out on seeing Johansen and Sylvain at Sheffield Limit Club in 1978 - I was only 16 and they wouldn't let me in!
Should've seen Johnny at the Limit in 1982 - but he never turned up! 
Bit of a curse, that venue...

1 hour ago, Brigante said:

Excellent, Reids. Missed out on seeing Johansen and Sylvain at Sheffield Limit Club in 1978 - I was only 16 and they wouldn't let me in!
Should've seen Johnny at the Limit in 1982 - but he never turned up! 
Bit of a curse, that venue...

Thx. They did a lot more for Rock N Roll than most give credit. Without them, there’d be no KISS, no GNR, no Sex Pistols, etc. They influenced The Ramones, The Smiths and The Damned amongst others.

R😎

On 1/16/2021 at 4:46 PM, reids said:

Yep. So, now the last NY Doll living is David Johansen. (Pictured: D.J, Hubert Sumlin (R.I.P.) & me circa 2004 (Nashville, TN: Summer NAMM).

R😎

E4E241C8-833A-46A9-A2CB-202E74B01E42.jpeg

Nice one, reids. I had the pleasure of meeting Hubert Sumlin in Austin, TX. What a legend.

Hank Aaron one of the all time greats.  RIP.

I knew he had a long career.  I looked up what his last great year was.  1973, playing the field in the NL.  No DH there.

120 games  40 HR  96 RBI   BA .301    OPS  1.045   at Age 39

So then I looked to see what other top sluggers had as good a season at age 39.  I discounted the Steroids players like Bonds, A-Rod etc..

No one comes close at age 39 except

Babe Ruth      125 games  22 HR   84 RBI   BA .288  OPS .985

Willie Stargell   126 games  32 HR  82 RBI  BA  .281 OPS  .904

Eddie Murray    113 games  21 HR  82 RBI  BA .323   OPS   .891    But he was in the AL so he likely was a DH that year.

Have you hugged a Hall of Famer today? 

The death of Hank Aaron makes 10 Hall of Famers that have died in the last 11 months.

Henry 'Hank' Aaron was my 'Babe Ruth'. That is, while Babe Ruth was a legend I could only see in faded old newsreels, Hank Aaron was a legend that I actually got to see play. Watching Hammerin' Hank chase down Babe Ruth's home run record in 1973 and 1974 was a big deal. I was a Dodger-hating Angel fan as a kid and it seemed poetic justice that Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth's record against Al Downing and the Dodgers.

The guy seemed a class act on and off the field. He will always be my Home Run King. R.I.P. Hammerin' Hank.

https://www.ajc.com/news/baseball-great-henry-hank-aaron-86-passes-into-history/J33Z76ZVR5C4BG7A75VIDLZGWY/

Edited by Strider

Heaven is going to need some better pitchers now that Hank is in the house.

RIP Hammerin' Hank

He was my second most favorite hitter.  Here he is in good company.

spacer.png

Edited by kipper