The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

Uncanny, how most of These recent deaths are Atlanta related (Phil Niekro, Hank Aaron) Braves, (Don Sutton was a Braves Announcer after he was a MLB player ) CNN (Larry King) , etc). Hope Ted Turner isn’t next ... 😳

R😎

47 minutes ago, the chase said:

Rest In Peace the beautiful and talented Actress Cloris Leachman aged 94

She could play anything ...

The Last Picture Show

Young Frankenstein 

Mary Tyler Moore Show 

Phyllis 

High Anxiety 

She triggers the plot in "Kiss Me Deadly".

1 hour ago, the chase said:

Rest In Peace the beautiful and talented Actress Cloris Leachman aged 94

She could play anything ...

The Last Picture Show

Young Frankenstein 

Mary Tyler Moore Show 

Phyllis 

High Anxiety 

I was in Burbank in late July of 1999 and saw her on the set of a tv pilot and the 2nd episode of a CBS sitcom called, Thanks (about pilgrims). It aired in September.  They taped before a live audience while I was in town on vacation. It was the same set they previously shot home improvement. R.I.P. Cloris Leachman. 

R😎

Edited by reids

Damn It! Two of my favorites, Hal Holbrook and Chris Plummer. Always loved Holbrook, always a wisdom and quiet, confident depth about him. The perfect grandfather everyone wishes they had.

Plummer was simply fantastic, great range and versatility. Guy could do Shakespeare, Chauncier, and Star Trek and not skip a beat. Rare talent for a leading actor.

14 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

My reverence for the First Amendment aside, this guy was a straight up scum bag. Good riddance.

Whatever do you mean? Flynt was a good old fashioned American entrepreneur, identified a need in the marketplace and filled that need. A true rags to vag to riches story if I ever heard one. This man was the hero to countless 14 year olds during the 70's and 80's. Sure he was a pimp, a playa, a true bottom dweller of the most ill repute but the man did put out a magazine which to this day is still used as reference material for numerous gynecologists'.

Edited by BobDobbs

4 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Whatever do you mean? Flynt was a good old fashioned American entrepreneur, identified a need in the marketplace and filled that need. A true rags to vag to riches story if I ever heard one. This man was the hero to countless 14 year olds during the 70's and 80's. Sure he was a pimp, a playa, a true bottom dweller of the most ill repute but the man did put out a magazine which to this day is still used as reference material for numerous gynecologists'.

His magazine didn't bother me, his abuse of the First Amendment ("it's ok to yell fire in a crowded theater"), contempt for the SCOTUS, the flag and the nation did.