The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

9 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Whatever do you mean? Flynt was a good old fashioned American entrepreneur, identified a need in the marketplace and filled that need. A true rags to vag to riches story if I ever heard one. This man was the hero to countless 14 year olds during the 70's and 80's. Sure he was a pimp, a playa, a true bottom dweller of the most ill repute but the man did put out a magazine which to this day is still used as reference material for numerous gynecologists'.

Dude was an obvious SubGenius!  

4 hours ago, reids said:

R.I.P. Rush Limbaugh (70) lung cancer 

R😎

+1

Whether people agreed with Rush or not, he is the guy who basically saved AM talk radio from certain oblivion in the early '90s.

God speed Mr Limbaugh

spacer.png

12 hours ago, reids said:

R.I.P. Rush Limbaugh (70) lung cancer 

R😎

On 1/27/2021 at 4:29 PM, Strider said:

Every fucking day somebody cool dies. 

^^^FWIW Strider posted this a few weeks ago

7 hours ago, Walter said:

Not today....so far! 

And today after Rush Limbaugh passed away Wally decided to post Stirder's post obviously in context to Rush's passing.

What small minded thing to do Walter.

spacer.png

Country singer John Rich shares a story about Rush Limbaugh's humanity:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/rush-limbaugh-john-rich-anonymous-100g-donation-celebrity-apprentice-fundraiser

11 hours ago, kipper said:

+1

Whether people agreed with Rush or not, he is the guy who basically saved AM talk radio from certain oblivion in the early '90s.

God speed Mr Limbaugh

40 MILLION LISTENERS. That's not just "a conservative radio personality" as CNN dismissively characterized him today, it's a juggernaut. I didn't agree with some of his viewpoints but I agreed with the vast majority and appreciated the due diligence and preparation that he obviously put into each broadcast. A huge loss given his enduring impact upon our national discourse. 

No surprise the bitch of the forum is being a bitch again....fuck your feelings is the slogan, right?!

I choose to mourn the lost souls in Texas tonight who have passed away due to the effects of a combination of climate change meets “that’ll never happen here” short sighted morons running the state of Texas. Lots of blood being spilled/frozen due to a lack of foresight and preparation. Very sad. 🙏🏻

Edited by Walter

2 hours ago, Walter said:

who have passed away due to the effects of a combination of climate change meets “that’ll never happen here” 

Climate does change -- for example many places on earth experience all four seasons. Occasionally, an area will experience what we call an extreme weather event. However, in this case I believe to attribute their deaths solely to those factors without mentioning the wide spread power outages obfuscates the situation in pursuit of some other agenda. 

49 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Climate does change -- for example many places on earth experience all four seasons. Occasionally, an area will experience what we call an extreme weather event. However, in this case I believe to attribute their deaths solely to those factors without mentioning the wide spread power outages obfuscates the situation in pursuit of some other agenda. 

Those power outages were a direct result in deregulation of public utilities in 90% of Texas. Those wind turbines that froze, they did not have the de-icing equipment installed. Those exact same wind turbines operate with no problem whatsoever in Minnesota and Canada. The natural gas fired plants also, no de-icing equipment due to deregulation. On top of that, due to this same deregulation, electric prices are based on demand (you do have a choice to pay a higher fixed rate, or the standard demand rate) so there are people who will be receiving electric bills for over 3k in a standard. 3 bedroom, 1700sq ft home.

Them stars are sure shining big and bright these days in Texas, especially with the power out. 

2 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Those power outages were a direct result in deregulation of public utilities in 90% of Texas. Those wind turbines that froze, they did not have the de-icing equipment installed. Those exact same wind turbines operate with no problem whatsoever in Minnesota and Canada. The natural gas fired plants also, no de-icing equipment due to deregulation. On top of that, due to this same deregulation, electric prices are based on demand (you do have a choice to pay a higher fixed rate, or the standard demand rate) so there are people who will be receiving electric bills for over 3k in a standard. 3 bedroom, 1700sq ft home.

Them stars are sure shining big and bright these days in Texas, especially with the power out. 

I want to provide an apolitical response so all I will say is these deaths are what happens when you have a society obsessively focused on social issues as opposed to infrastructure. 

On 2/18/2021 at 1:55 AM, SteveAJones said:

40 MILLION LISTENERS. That's not just "a conservative radio personality" as CNN dismissively characterized him today, it's a juggernaut. I didn't agree with some of his viewpoints but I agreed with the vast majority and appreciated the due diligence and preparation that he obviously put into each broadcast. A huge loss given his enduring impact upon our national discourse. 

Huge numbers he had. Rush had more listeners than CNN has viewers. 

7 hours ago, Walter said:

No surprise the bitch of the forum is being a bitch again....fuck your feelings is the slogan, right?!

I choose to mourn the lost souls in Texas tonight who have passed away due to the effects of a combination of climate change meets “that’ll never happen here” short sighted morons running the state of Texas. Lots of blood being spilled/frozen due to a lack of foresight and preparation. Very sad. 🙏🏻

You don't mourn for anyone. All you do is virtue signal for attention.

YOU, the biggest little girl this forum has ever had calling someone else a "bitch" is laughable.  

Fuck all that climate change goofball hysteria. Typical little girl whining from our resident cuck again. 

spacer.png

10 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I want to provide an apolitical response so all I will say is these deaths are what happens when you have a society obsessively focused on social issues as opposed to infrastructure. 

Fact is Steve, it was the sate government of Texas and the voters of Texas who wanted this set up this way, it has zero to do with social issues. This issue / problem is 100% the fault of the state of Texas & the voters of Texas. This is what they wanted and this is what they got, good or bad. The facts on this are indisputable and obvious.

C'mon everyone, we are all adults here, let's not make it personal. This is how threads get deleted or closed. Steve and others had great responses, he stated his opinions yet was not insulting. Let's just state our opinions and agree to disagree.

No reason to get worked up over opinions.

8 hours ago, kipper said:

You don't mourn for anyone. All you do is virtue signal for attention.

YOU, the biggest little girl this forum has ever had calling someone else a "bitch" is laughable.  

Fuck all that climate change goofball hysteria. Typical little girl whining from our resident cuck again. 

spacer.png

+1

4 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

C'mon everyone, we are all adults here, let's not make it personal. This is how threads get deleted or closed. Steve and others had great responses, he stated his opinions yet was not insulting. Let's just state our opinions and agree to disagree.

No reason to get worked up over opinions.

Hi Bob D,

Its not about getting worked up over "opinions", but you kind of have to wonder what kind of loser comes to 'RIP' thread to shit on someone who has died just to voice their negative "opinion"? Speaking of 'Little Girl Walter' and his need to piss on people's graves, all while playing some holier than thou horseshit. 

I have no problem with anyone's opinion on anyone--either good or bad, and there might be places to share the i negative opinions other than in the RIP thread, don't you think? All Little Girl Walter is doing is acting like those Westboro loons bringing their hatred to funerals; he is no different, and that is what I called out here.

When someone posts a RIP here, if another person doesn't have anything good to say (in their opinion) about the departed, a reasonable person would just say nothing.

Moving on...

Kip