The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

7 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Fact is Steve, it was the sate government of Texas and the voters of Texas who wanted this set up this way, it has zero to do with social issues. This issue / problem is 100% the fault of the state of Texas & the voters of Texas. This is what they wanted and this is what they got, good or bad. The facts on this are indisputable and obvious.

Fact is Texas is capable of producing more energy than it consumes, and could be doing so now were it not for FEDERAL environmental laws and state environmental targets. So yes, in a roundabout way "the people" got what they wanted but it is the result of a social issue (wacko environmentalism) in my opinion. 

Edited by SteveAJones

On 2/20/2021 at 3:44 PM, kipper said:

Hi Bob D,

Its not about getting worked up over "opinions", but you kind of have to wonder what kind of loser comes to 'RIP' thread to shit on someone who has died just to voice their negative "opinion"? Speaking of 'Little Girl Walter' and his need to piss on people's graves, all while playing some holier than thou horseshit. 

I have no problem with anyone's opinion on anyone--either good or bad, and there might be places to share the i negative opinions other than in the RIP thread, don't you think? All Little Girl Walter is doing is acting like those Westboro loons bringing their hatred to funerals; he is no different, and that is what I called out here.

When someone posts a RIP here, if another person doesn't have anything good to say (in their opinion) about the departed, a reasonable person would just say nothing.

Moving on...

Kip

I hear ya Kip. I personally could not stand Rush, however, in respect to the feelings and opinions of people not myself, I keep my mouth shut as it is not the place for such musings. 

I think most people mean well, they have a good idea or point however the execution is poor.

23 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Fact is Texas is capable of producing more energy than it consumes, and could be doing so now were it not for FEDERAL environmental laws and state environmental targets. So yes, in a roundabout way "the people" got what they wanted but it is the result of a social issue (wacko environmentalism) in my opinion. 

Actually no, that is incorrect. The utility has every right to produce and store as much energy as they want in Texas, however with deregulation and the ability to price gouge, I mean, to have an "per-demand" rate tier, makes it considerably more economically advantageous to sell ALL power and store no power.

They do indeed have the capacity and the ability to store massive amount of electricity, they simply will not do it due to the per-demand market rate.

On 2/20/2021 at 5:44 PM, kipper said:

Hi Bob D,

Its not about getting worked up over "opinions", but you kind of have to wonder what kind of loser comes to 'RIP' thread to shit on someone who has died just to voice their negative "opinion"? Speaking of 'Little Girl Walter' and his need to piss on people's graves, all while playing some holier than thou horseshit. 

I have no problem with anyone's opinion on anyone--either good or bad, and there might be places to share the i negative opinions other than in the RIP thread, don't you think? All Little Girl Walter is doing is acting like those Westboro loons bringing their hatred to funerals; he is no different, and that is what I called out here.

When someone posts a RIP here, if another person doesn't have anything good to say (in their opinion) about the departed, a reasonable person would just say nothing.

Moving on...

Kip

I agree. +1

On 2/21/2021 at 6:44 PM, BobDobbs said:

I hear ya Kip. I personally could not stand Rush, however, in respect to the feelings and opinions of people not myself, I keep my mouth shut as it is not the place for such musings. 

I think most people mean well, they have a good idea or point however the execution is poor.

I’m not sure if that reference is to me or not.... I have yet to say anything negative about Rush, unlike others about different people or groups of people in this thread. All I said, again, was nobody cool died the day he did. Let me know anyone who fits that description and I’ll reconsider. I did say the resident bitch is claiming his throne again and he never disappoints. 

The people in Texas that have passed as a result of incompetence and greed are to be mourned as well as the 500,000, or half of a million, American people who have died due in large part to the incompetence of the American government are to be mourned tonight, as the President of the United States has recognized, by lowering the flags to half staff for 5 days as a remembrance and out of respect. 

Edited by Walter

Correction: I responded to no one’s post but Steve, and I think the the term I used was quote .

which I didn’t go bother someone else, my response was a statement I made and not answering your post which used a emoji which there is nothing to respond to.

You are now on ignore because of your constant persistence despite me telling you to leave me alone. Go bother other members.

Edited by RainbowElf

6 minutes ago, RainbowElf said:

Correction: I responded to no one’s post and I think the the term I used was quote .

which I didn’t go bother someone else, my response was a statement I made and not answering your post which used a emoji which there is nothing to respond to.

You are now on ignore because of your constant persistence despite me telling you to leave me alone. Go bother other members.

5 hours ago, RainbowElf said:

Is he talking about the fake President who was literally put in office through scam ballot voting?

15% of those 500,000 deaths occurred during Biden's first 30 days in office. I don't normally ascribe such things to a President, but by his own logic...

Blind.jpg

22 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

15% of those 500,000 deaths occurred during Biden's first 30 days in office. I don't normally ascribe such things to a President, but by his own logic...

Blind.jpg

They’re not going to do anything about Covid they’re just going to fool people by giving them more, and cover it up with other fake news

On 2/23/2021 at 5:37 AM, SteveAJones said:

"Symbolism over substance" an iconic radio commentator would say. 

I can’t believe there is not substance behind it when the reaction to COVID has been so much better, vaccine distribution, etc  Believe what you want, but I’m seeing results statistically and on the streets. I’m ready to get my first vaccine, shortly. 

RIP Lawrence Ferlinghetti. 101 is a lot of living...

9 hours ago, Walter said:

I can’t believe there is not substance behind it when the reaction to COVID has been so much better, vaccine distribution, etc  Believe what you want, but I’m seeing results statistically and on the streets. I’m ready to get my first vaccine, shortly. 

I'm alluding to lowering the flag to half-mast for a week, not vaccinations. Bear in mind the WHO, in collusion with the Biden administration, changed the threshold for what constitutes a positive test result effective the day of his inauguration. That action alone results in a statistical decrease, which was the intent.

Edited by SteveAJones

5 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I'm alluding to lowering the flag to half-mast for a week, not vaccinations. Bear in mind the WHO, in collusion with the Biden administration, changed the threshold for what constitutes a positive test result effective the day of his inauguration. That action alone results in a statistical decrease, which was the intent.

You should check your sources Steve as some can be dubious. Biden and WHO did no such thing:

Viral Posts Distort WHO Guidance on COVID-19 Tests - FactCheck.org

On 2/23/2021 at 4:12 PM, SteveAJones said:

Blind.jpg

Looks like he needs someone's help to put the mask on, where is Camela Harris?

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Apples to oranges, not the same as what you originally posted as pointed out. Now moving the goalpost is prohibited 😉