The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

On 2/24/2021 at 6:00 PM, Walter said:

I can’t believe there is not substance behind it when the reaction to COVID has been so much better, vaccine distribution, etc  Believe what you want, but I’m seeing results statistically and on the streets. I’m ready to get my first vaccine, shortly. 

I'm sure YOU are seeing those results in Florida Wally, because you LIVE IN A RED STATE!!!!   I haven't even been able to get vaccine appointments for several elderly relatives; two in their 80s and one in their 90s.  Their problem is they don't live in an "under-served community" where they are prioritizing the vaccinations to "people of color"---- because we all know pandemics discriminate based on race, right?

Want to switch governors with me Wally? I'll trade you Newscum for DeSantis any day,--- and I'll throw in the Sacramento state house in exchange for Tallahassee too. 

How hysterical that you can't even see why thing are better right now in your state. Why would think DC is making the difference?

PS,  You can keep your lousy humid hurricane and mosquito weather. On that California has you beat at least.

BTW, RIP whoever just died...

6 minutes ago, Strider said:

R.I.P. Tony Kendry aka 'Ian Faith'.

Great scene.  So funny!

I love Spinal Tap and other rock mockumentaries like 'Some Kind of Monster'. For a long time I thought Bob Rock was Micheal McKeen... .actually looks and sounds a lot like him. Both very funny movies. Like the scene in SKOM where they were sitting around a table debating about their "feelings" on having to work an 8 hour day. So funny. Not sure how they were able to stay in character without laughing.  Metallica: great band, and even funnier actors.

17 hours ago, kipper said:

Great scene.  So funny!

I love Spinal Tap and other rock mockumentaries like 'Some Kind of Monster'. For a long time I thought Bob Rock was Micheal McKeen... .actually looks and sounds a lot like him. Both very funny movies. Like the scene in SKOM where they were sitting around a table debating about their "feelings" on having to work an 8 hour day. So funny. Not sure how they were able to stay in character without laughing.  Metallica: great band, and even funnier actors.

I am sure Metallica fans wish they were only pretending in that movie.

3 hours ago, Strider said:

I am sure Metallica fans wish they were only pretending in that movie.

Whaaaaat???  They were serious about that stuff????   Yeah, I was clearly being facetious, but they should have never done that film.

I'm so glad the lads in Zeppelin never went down that path of having cameras rolling where they rehearsed or talked about "their feelings", or any other crap where anyone would be shown in a bad light. This is why Peter Grant was such a great manager.

I saw many of the film outtakes and b-roll from Shine A Light which was never released or available to the public. Bunch of old geezer grandpas and "EX rock and rollers" still acting on stage like they are 25 when they should have died  (professionally speaking) like dinosaurs with some dignity decades ago.   There was embarrassing shit in that film footage too. Old men dribbling yogurt and falling asleep in their chairs, and talking about their grandchildren's diapers.  Nobody wants to know this SHIT about the Stones! I'm glad Scorsese didn't put it into the film.

It is a tricky thing when people choose to do a reveal of themselves, and you have to be careful. As long as they talk about the music, or their process--- either up or down, as they created the music, I'm fine with that. Page discussing the acoustics inside of Medley Grange--- very compelling and interesting. Or Townshend talking about his rocky path trying to create Lifehouse, or then the way Daltry or Entwistle experienced Townshend's "process" from their perspectives is all good. But James Hetfield whining about missing his daughter's ballet lesson..... how lame is that? 

Pretty sad when you realize that Glen Campbell was MORE ROCK AND ROLL than members of Metallica.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Sorry to hear this. She was definitely a leading journalist for the '80s metal scene.

Yes, indeed. Eddie Trunk mentioned her passing and working with her years ago. He said she just disappeared from the music scene about 10 years ago and then a few months ago heard about her having some health issues. Sad to hear of her passing. 

R😎

On 3/6/2021 at 6:26 PM, kipper said:

Whaaaaat???  They were serious about that stuff????   Yeah, I was clearly being facetious, but they should have never done that film.

I'm so glad the lads in Zeppelin never went down that path of having cameras rolling where they rehearsed or talked about "their feelings", or any other crap where anyone would be shown in a bad light. This is why Peter Grant was such a great manager.

I saw many of the film outtakes and b-roll from Shine A Light which was never released or available to the public. Bunch of old geezer grandpas and "EX rock and rollers" still acting on stage like they are 25 when they should have died  (professionally speaking) like dinosaurs with some dignity decades ago.   There was embarrassing shit in that film footage too. Old men dribbling yogurt and falling asleep in their chairs, and talking about their grandchildren's diapers.  Nobody wants to know this SHIT about the Stones! I'm glad Scorsese didn't put it into the film.

It is a tricky thing when people choose to do a reveal of themselves, and you have to be careful. As long as they talk about the music, or their process--- either up or down, as they created the music, I'm fine with that. Page discussing the acoustics inside of Medley Grange--- very compelling and interesting. Or Townshend talking about his rocky path trying to create Lifehouse, or then the way Daltry or Entwistle experienced Townshend's "process" from their perspectives is all good. But James Hetfield whining about missing his daughter's ballet lesson..... how lame is that? 

Pretty sad when you realize that Glen Campbell was MORE ROCK AND ROLL than members of Metallica.

Metallica became too big for themselves,they became the very thing they were against.

R.I.P. George Segal. Along with all the movies ("Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?", "Blume in Love", "A Touch of Class", "California Split", "Where's Poppa?", "Fun with Dick and Jane", "The Hot Rock", "The Last Married Couple in America", "Flirting with Disaster") and TV shows, I fondly remember his many appearances on the TV talk/variety shows where he would play his banjo. One of the first I recall seeing was his appearance on the great "Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour" on CBS.