The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

4 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

RIP Dean Stockwell, another great actor gone 😞 

Indeed. From benign Disney actor to one of the most iconic creeps in cinema history. When you saw this you never forgot it. 'Ben' was instantly memorable. "Here's to your fuck."

Rest In Peace Dean Stockwell. I bet he disturbed a lot of people's sleep with his role in "Blue Velvet". The candy-coloured clown they call the sandman...

10 minutes ago, Strider said:

Indeed. From benign Disney actor to one of the most iconic creeps in cinema history. When you saw this you never forgot it. 'Ben' was instantly memorable. "Here's to your fuck."

Rest In Peace Dean Stockwell. I bet he disturbed a lot of people's sleep with his role in "Blue Velvet". The candy-coloured clown they call the sandman...

Brad Dourif, another underrated actor who could be creepy as hell in one role (Blue Velvet, Dune, Alien Resurrection) and incredibly endearing and sensitive in another (Deadwood). Dourif & Stockwell were a bit of a team as they appeared in several movies together. Two of my favorite character actors, these guys...the tops!

7 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

Brad Dourif, another underrated actor who could be creepy as hell in one role (Blue Velvet, Dune, Alien Resurrection) and incredibly endearing and sensitive in another (Deadwood). Dourif & Stockwell were a bit of a team as they appeared in several movies together. Two of my favorite character actors, these guys...the tops!

Both fantastic actors. I recently re-watched Dune last week (ahem, the real Dune) and loved Dourif in it. He's doing all this weird stuff in it that I just know he came up with himself. And of course Dean Stockwell was perfect as the doctor.  RIP Dean.

Edited by 1975NQ
mistake

14 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

RIP Dean Stockwell, another great actor gone 😞 

R.I.P. Dean Stockwell.

Dean was a close friend of Neil Young.

After The Goldrush was supposed to be the soundtrack for a movie of the same name. Dean wrote the screenplay (see the album's liner notes) and was to star in the film, presumably as the gambler. It never eventuated.

He also co-directed and co-wrote Neil's film, Human Highway and appeared alongside Neil, Russ Tamblyn, Dennis Hopper and Devo.

Kim is in my top ten of his movies where he appeared alongside Errol Flynn.

He was a very versatile character actor..

Dead Gavan O’Herlihy, the Chuck Cunningham of ‘Happy Days

Irish naturalized American actor Gavan O’Herlihy, known for appearing in the first series of the telefilm “Happy Days” as “Chuck”, the eldest son of the Cunningham family, has died at the age of 70. The news of the disappearance, which took place on November 9, is reported by the Irish newspaper “The Irish Echo”.

The post R.I.P. Philip Margo, Singer of “The Lion Sleeps Tonight” Dead at 79 appeared first on Consequence.

Philip Margo, longtime member of The Tokens — the doo-wop vocal group most famous for “The Lion Sleeps Tonight” — has died. He was 79.

According to his family, Margo passed away in a Los Angeles hospital after suffering a stroke.

3 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Richard Cole, a Zep legend gone. 

Whatever your opinion of him was after the band ended, he was undoubtedly an integral part of the success of the group and worked endlessly to push this band to the top.

R.I.P. Richard Cole 

R😎

F81BD6A9-251B-4B78-AFA7-EF738F0CAA0B.jpeg

Edited by reids