The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

17 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Eddie Mekka, who most famously played Carmine, the 'Big Ragu,' on "Laverne & Shirley" has died. R.I.P.

Eddie Mekka.jpg

R.I.P. Eddie Mekka (Actor: aka Carmine “The Big Ragu” from Laverne & Shirley)

R😎

0D41CF85-36FF-4766-8D07-D6C6DB07AC8A.jpeg

Rest In Peace John Miles, aged 72. after a brief illness. 

John appeared on Jimmy Page's Outrider album and Tour in 1988.

He handled Robert Plant, Chris Farlowe, and Paul Rodgers vocal ranges pretty flawlessly.

John also worked with Tina Turner, Allan Parsons, Grace Jones as well as a respectable solo career..   

15 hours ago, reids said:

R.I.P. Bob Dole (98)

R😎

Yes Sir Rest In Peace Bob Dole. He was good man, great public servant, and a Veteran we could, and should all be proud of. Man think of all the changes that man witnessed. Amazing when you think about it. 

13 hours ago, the chase said:

Rest In Peace John Miles, aged 72. after a brief illness. 

John appeared on Jimmy Page's Outrider album and Tour in 1988.

He handled Robert Plant, Chris Farlowe, and Paul Rodgers vocal ranges pretty flawlessly.

John also worked with Tina Turner, Allan Parsons, Grace Jones as well as a respectable solo career..   

Yes, indeed. R.I.P. John Miles (72).

R😎

F3A2BD60-8929-49D1-A24F-C47F9A3FDC4D.jpeg

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

RIP Robbie Shakespeare. Awesome bassist who with long time drum partner Sly Dunbar, were the cornerstone of Reggae and Dub. 

Robbie was great. Loved his work on Peter Tosh's Wanted Dread and Alive record, one of my favs.

He and Sly also turned Dylan's Infidels into a very nice listening experience.

RIP Robbie

3 hours ago, Reggie29 said:

They played well today.

Root and Malah steadied the ship after Burns was left wanting, again.

Still a long way to go,.

Indeed. (un) fortunately the coverage in the UK is subscription only and we get little or no highlights either. Yes Root and Malan played well and it does make for an interesting 2 days. Tomorrow could go either way? England push on and leave a total to chase/defend or the Aussies come firing back and dismiss us cheaply. 

Just can't get my head around how unorthodox Burns is. He will be the target throughout the series for sure.

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Seriously?  Man you guys over there can be twisted

If you understand the game and the history, we aren't twisted. The opening test at the Gabba historically sets the tone of the series and if the first 2 days is anything to go by then, hence my post.

2 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

If you understand the game and the history, we aren't twisted. The opening test at the Gabba historically sets the tone of the series and if the first 2 days is anything to go by then, hence my post.

Sorry pal, I do not understand it.  I watched a bit of it back in the 70s or 80s.  Kind of like combining baseball and croquet I guess.  Strange.  But if you understand it, Im sure its great.

54 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Sorry pal, I do not understand it.  I watched a bit of it back in the 70s or 80s.  Kind of like combining baseball and croquet I guess.  Strange.  But if you understand it, Im sure its great.

It is very difficult to understand as there are so many formats of the game.

Test Cricket, which is what is on in Australia is played over 5 days. It's the truest form of the game and the outcome depends on a lot of factors. Win, Lose or draw are the 3 possible results

One Day Cricket. Commonly called "White Ball Cricket or Limited Overs or One Day Cricket:

50 Overs, 20 Overs. 100 Balls. Game played to a result in one day

I won't or haven't the years to spell out the rules of the above. However when one gets into the game, it is highly addictive and tremendous viewing.