The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

As a boy growing up in Fremont, Ca. in the 70s I definitely grew up with the Raiders. They will always be my first favorite team.  I remember my dad always taking me to my uncle's house to watch their games as well as going to games and family coming to our house to watch their games and definitely remember I just turned 9 when they won their first Superbowl with John Madden coaching! Great memories! R.I.P. John Madden!

On 12/29/2021 at 6:42 PM, luvlz2 said:

As a boy growing up in Fremont, Ca. in the 70s I definitely grew up with the Raiders. They will always be my first favorite team.  I remember my dad always taking me to my uncle's house to watch their games as well as going to games and family coming to our house to watch their games and definitely remember I just turned 9 when they won their first Superbowl with John Madden coaching! Great memories! R.I.P. John Madden!

On 12/29/2021 at 6:48 PM, JohnOsbourne said:

I wonder if they'll say Madden's death was COVID-related.

Too soon?

How about all these TV commentators who don't even remember that he was a COACH at one point? 

It says a lot that in a country as divided as the United States is, everyone could agree that Betty White was a goddamn national treasure. You never heard a whiff of anything bad about her, not ever. It sucks that she didn't make it to 100, but 99 is a damn good run all the same. I'm glad that she knew how loved, valued, and admired she was, and I hope for her family, that provides some peace and solace in the coming days and weeks.

5 hours ago, Electrophile said:

It says a lot that in a country as divided as the United States is, everyone could agree that Betty White was a goddamn national treasure. You never heard a whiff of anything bad about her, not ever. It sucks that she didn't make it to 100, but 99 is a damn good run all the same. I'm glad that she knew how loved, valued, and admired she was, and I hope for her family, that provides some peace and solace in the coming days and weeks.

:goodpost:

Right on!