The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

Robert Durst, the wealthy New York real estate heir and failed fugitive who was dogged for decades with suspicion in the disappearance and deaths of those around him before he was convicted of killing his best friend and sentenced to life in prison, has died. He was 78.

5 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

RIP Mr Loaf. I was never a huge fan but I remember, at school, a guy bringing in Bat Out Of Hell in and playing it to death. I never realised until a year or so later that it was produced by Todd Rundgren. Listening to it you can really hear Todd's production.

Todd also played the majority of the guitar on Bat Out Of Hell. 

I saw Meat once in the 90's with Cheap Trick opening. Have to give the man credit as he sure did put on one hell of a show. He either had the crowd cheering or laughing with his between-song banter.

RIP big man

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

Louie probably best known for his appearance in Coming to America, but I also enjoyed his tenure as the host of Family Feud. RIP.... 

Louie was a great comedian and a good character actor. The only thing I didn't like him on was Funny You Should Ask,  too many of his jokes centered on him weight. Self deprecating maybe but at the same time are we to believe the writers couldn't give him better jokes he's Louie Anderson for cripes sake.

On 1/11/2022 at 7:01 AM, reids said:

R.I.P. Budgie bassist, Burke Shelley (71)

R😎

C07B319C-08AA-4113-89B3-A709C5BEE9BC.jpeg

Never knew that. Budgie were the very first band I ever saw. June 1976 Manchester Free Trade Hall " If I were Britannia I'd Waive The Rules" tour. I couldn't believe how great a Rock concert could be until I saw them. Tony Bourke was (is?)a great guitarist

How sad. A part of my teenage history has passed.