Jump to content

The Rest in Peace Thread


SteveAJones
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Colombian authorities found: marijuana, antidepressants, opioids, heroin. At least 10 different substances found.

It is a shame...but cry me a river. 🙄

 

Come on Steve. People have struggles. As a man who lost his older brother to a drug overdose when he was 38 and I was 34 it sucks no matter how the person goes. Certainly I went through periods of anger. But I’m sure all of us who have lost people to addiction have dealt with that part of it. And I doubt you felt that way when Mr. Bonham passed. Doesn’t matter if it was drugs or alcohol. It’s all the same.

 

Rest In Peace Taylor. I am honestly sorry to call you out on this. Just seems a little incentive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Plant77 said:

Come on Steve. People have struggles. As a man who lost his older brother to a drug overdose when he was 38 and I was 34 it sucks no matter how the person goes. Certainly I went through periods of anger. But I’m sure all of us who have lost people to addiction have dealt with that part of it. And I doubt you felt that way when Mr. Bonham passed. Doesn’t matter if it was drugs or alcohol. It’s all the same.

 

Rest In Peace Taylor. I am honestly sorry to call you out on this. Just seems a little incentive. 

I'm not saying it isn't sad, it is, but it's also important to keep things in perspective. I also make a distinction between alcohol and hard, illegal drugs like heroin. Anyone who traffics in them should be executed. Anyone using them gets less empathy from me. This guy had it all and threw it all away in pursuit of getting high. Hope it was worth it. Yes, it angers me.

Edited by SteveAJones
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

I'm not saying it isn't sad, it is, but it's also important to keep things in perspective. I also make a distinction between alcohol and hard, illegal drugs like heroin. Anyone who traffics in them should be executed. Anyone using them gets less empathy from me. This guy had it all and threw it all away in pursuit of getting high. Hope it was worth it. Yes, it angers me.

Problem Steve is it's not black and white. The people who gravitate toward such things do so not because, "Wheeeee, getting high is soooo funnn!!!" They do it because they re damaged & broken, some physiologically as well as psychologically. These are not stupid, selfish drug addicts who simply pushed their luck, these are broken and F-ed up people who for whatever reason never got the help they needed. I used to feel the same way as you Steve but, like Plant77 I too lost my older brother through "bad lifestyle choices when he was just shy of 32 and I was just shy of 27. It was so easy, so simple to categorize and judge before my brother died then, not so much. The older I get the more I give people slack because I understand the complexities of life, that one persons challenge may be another persons breaking point. Sometimes shit just becomes too much for some people. I hope you never have to learn that lesson.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

These are not stupid, selfish drug addicts who simply pushed their luck, these are broken and F-ed up people who for whatever reason never got the help they needed.

Your post is certainly a fair one, but in my opinion, he did push his luck and it cost him his life. I say we start executing drug traffickers in his memory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Plant77 @BobDobbs

Can you both (listed above) leave your disagreements off of this thread and let these people mentioned RIP?  This thread is to honor the memory of those we’ve lost recently.

@SteveAJones started this thread almost 9 years ago to help forum members honor those we’ve lost. 

R😎

Edited by reids
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, reids said:

@Plant77 @BobDobbs

Can you both (listed above) leave your disagreements off of this thread and let these people mentioned RIP?  This thread is to honor the memory of those we’ve lost recently.

@SteveAJones started this thread almost 9 years ago to help forum members honor those we’ve lost. 

R😎

Not Exactly.  In fact, not even close.  Steve started this thread in order to condense the many individual threads that people were starting when public figures passed.  In other words, 'put them in one place'.  Since the toxicology report was public news and widely reported, Steve had every right to mention it, and also to add his personal feelings which basically amounted to, "drugs are bad".  Others offered follow-up comments to his thoughts, and it is their right to do so.  If the moderator(s) of this forum felt that any comments were unacceptable, it would be their right to delete them as they see fit.  

Someone seeing themselves as the "Internet Harbinger of Death" on a rock forum might be a worthy discussion at this point, but I'm not going there.  I've certainly seen and experienced weirder shit on the Internet.  I think?  :Thinking:  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

Not Exactly.  In fact, not even close.  Steve started this thread in order to condense the many individual threads that people were starting when public figures passed.  In other words, 'put them in one place'.  Since the toxicology report was public news and widely reported, Steve had every right to mention it, and also to add his personal feelings which basically amounted to, "drugs are bad".  Others offered follow-up comments to his thoughts, and it is their right to do so.  If the moderator(s) of this forum felt that any comments were unacceptable, it would be their right to delete them as they see fit.  

Someone seeing themselves as the "Internet Harbinger of Death" on a rock forum might be a worthy discussion at this point, but I'm not going there.  I've certainly seen and experienced weirder shit on the Internet.  I think?  :Thinking:  

Your recollection is spot on. I do recall saying at the time that the forum was beginning to look like obituary.com. So I did create this thread to consolidate all of it. Truth be told I've never heard of half the people mentioned here, but that doesn't mean their lives are not meaningful and worthy of tribute. Taylor Hawkins death just makes me angry and disappointed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, reids said:

@Plant77 @BobDobbs

Can you both (listed above) leave your disagreements off of this thread and let these people mentioned RIP?  This thread is to honor the memory of those we’ve lost recently.

@SteveAJones started this thread almost 9 years ago to help forum members honor those we’ve lost. 

R😎

Piss off grim reaper, no one asked your inane opinion. Further, it was Steve who disrespected the dead, not us you dope.

Go haunt a graveyard somewhere you ridiculous ghoul.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Further, it was Steve who disrespected the dead, not us you dope.

How do you figure? I have called for the execution of all drug traffickers in his honor. To me that is a powerful affirmation of the value of his life and all lives.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Not Exactly.  In fact, not even close.  Steve started this thread in order to condense the many individual threads that people were starting when public figures passed.  In other words, 'put them in one place'.  Since the toxicology report was public news and widely reported, Steve had every right to mention it, and also to add his personal feelings which basically amounted to, "drugs are bad".  Others offered follow-up comments to his thoughts, and it is their right to do so.  If the moderator(s) of this forum felt that any comments were unacceptable, it would be their right to delete them as they see fit.  

Someone seeing themselves as the "Internet Harbinger of Death" on a rock forum might be a worthy discussion at this point, but I'm not going there.  I've certainly seen and experienced weirder shit on the Internet.  I think?  :Thinking:  

I was speaking of @Plant77 @BobDobbs

not @SteveAJones 

If you misread my comment above ...

Steve did consolidate the other posts and this thread is to have a place for this topic. BobDobbs always tries to hijack forum threads for arguments, mocking other forum members ; and just being a Troll.  I’m not the harbinger of death. Just looking to contribute to the forum in a positive manner; not what another attempts to do regularly. 
 

R😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

How do you figure? I have called for the execution of all drug traffickers in his honor. To me that is a powerful affirmation of the value of his life and all lives.

+1

R😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, reids said:

I was speaking of @Plant77 @BobDobbs

not @SteveAJones 

If you misread my comment above ...

Steve did consolidate the other posts and this thread is to have a place for this topic. BobDobbs always tries to hijack forum threads for arguments, mocking other forum members ; and just being a Troll.  I’m not the harbinger of death. Just looking to contribute to the forum in a positive manner; not what another attempts to do regularly. 
 

R😎

Nonsense, how is giving clarity to an important issue which is far from black and white "hijacking a thread?" Also, why is it your "buddy" Steve makes an inappropriate comment it's all good to go but anyone else is being disrespectful?

You are either the dumbest individual out there or...just being a nasty piece of idiotic work. Anyone who reads this thread can see as plain as day who was disrespectful (Steve), and who was trying to provide clarity (Plant77 & me).

You sir are just being silly. Grow up!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

How do you figure? I have called for the execution of all drug traffickers in his honor. To me that is a powerful affirmation of the value of his life and all lives.

I guess that's one way to try and dance your way out of your nasty comment, but no bueno senior. However I do find it interesting you are advocating for the execution of several past and present heads of state. As everyone with a brain knows, drug trafficking cannot happen without the governments looking the other way and getting their cut.

So go ahead and call the addicts weak while ignoring the foundation of the problem. Money, and its unending flow into the pockets of elected officials.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

I guess that's one way to try and dance your way out of your nasty comment, but no bueno senior. However I do find it interesting you are advocating for the execution of several past and present heads of state. As everyone with a brain knows, drug trafficking cannot happen without the governments looking the other way and getting their cut.

So go ahead and call the addicts weak while ignoring the foundation of the problem. Money, and its unending flow into the pockets of elected officials.

If you say so? Present the evidence in the appropriate thread, or better yet in court.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

If you say so? Present the evidence in the appropriate thread, or better yet in court.

Um, just see top of this page and end of last page for all the evidence you need. But, never you right???

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/29/2022 at 3:47 AM, reids said:

+1

R😎

Well Reid’s it seems as if you are the hall monitor when you feel like it. I was simply saying that it may be insensitive to just say “ screw him for making the choices he made”. Further more he had an enlarged heart which is its own medical condition aside from whatever else he may have been doing. Alcohol has killed far more people than any drug you can think of. That is not up for dispute or debate. I was simply just saying that we can say RIP to a man and not have to act like his life didn’t mean shit because of drugs he chose do. I would guess that no one on this thread including Mr. Steve A Jones wouldn’t have been so flippant about John Henry Bonhams passing. He did overdose on alcohol. Yes he choked on his own vomit. Asphyxiation is a terrible way to go. That’s the how my own brother passed. 
 

I am not disputing Steve’s contributions to this site, thread, and forum. I may not agree with everything he says, however I have read Steves posts more than anyone on this thread. His knowledge is incredible, his meme game is on point. 
 

As a person who has dealt with overdoses in their family I was simply just saying maybe let’s truly let him Rest In Peace. 
 

Now onto the thread highjack. BobDobbs Meme game is vicious, and his empathy, humor, and contributions are also very appreciated. 
 

Alright Hall Monitor back to the regularly scheduled thread. 
 

RIP Academy Awards.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/27/2022 at 9:11 PM, SteveAJones said:

I'm not saying it isn't sad, it is, but it's also important to keep things in perspective. I also make a distinction between alcohol and hard, illegal drugs like heroin. Anyone who traffics in them should be executed. Anyone using them gets less empathy from me. This guy had it all and threw it all away in pursuit of getting high. Hope it was worth it. Yes, it angers me.

I appreciate your thoughts, and your posts Steve. As I just said you make me laugh even when I don’t agree with anything you are saying. Plus your knowledge of this band is insane. Back to the dead thread. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...