The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

RIP pottedplant, member of this board.

It is with extreme sadness for me to announce that lifelong Led Zeppelin fan pottedplant passed away in New Orleans on July 7, 2014 after a brief illness. Please keep her and her family in your loving thoughts and prayers for the eternal repose of her soul. Thank you.

A mutual friend made this graphic. Pottedplant, you will be missed.

post-25916-0-37477600-1405968922_thumb.j

It is with extreme sadness for me to announce that lifelong Led Zeppelin fan pottedplant passed away in New Orleans on July 7, 2014 after a brief illness. Please keep her and her family in your loving thoughts and prayers for the eternal repose of her soul. Thank you.

attachicon.gifQueenieRIP-LedZepp.jpg

How tragic and very sad. May she rest in peace. My condolences to her friends and family.

This really wears hard on my soul.

pottedplant was among the few I've exchanged pm's with during my duration on this forum.

Last time we touched base, she was excited to be moving to a new city, and continue her career.

I was already looking forward to her NFL picks for the coming season.

potted, you were a true jewel.

I am so saddened, and so shocked to hear of her passing.

Please pass on our love and warmest wishes to her family and friends, you included.

♥♥♥♥♥

QueenieRIP-LedZepp.jpg

An already sad month just became ineffably sadder. The forum and the NFL pick 'em thread will not be the same without the devoted Led Zeppelin and New Orleans Saints fan Brett.

I can't say I was a close friend but I did enjoy our pm exchanges. She was fun. I lost a bet with her but I didn't mind, for it accorded me the opportunity to send her a boot of the 1973 New Orleans show. I hope she was able to take some pleasure and comfort during her illness from listening to Zeppelin.

I was just thinking the other day, "where was pottedplant?" and planning on sending a pm to her today after taking a sabbatical over the weekend. Alas..."never put off to tomorrow what you can do today". If only I had followed that advice.

I'm going to miss Brett. My deepest condolences to her family and friends. May she rest in everlasting peace, free from pain and suffering.

In memory of pottedplant: WHO DAT!

Edited by Strider

Well said, Sean. I am very sad to read this. I was thinking the same thing about not having seen a post by her in quite a while. She always had a kind word to say for Mrs. Walter. A kind heart.

RIP pottedplant

My condolences to her family and friends.

Needless to say, this is very upsetting news. pottedplant was a cool woman - and damned good at picking NFL game winners.

I don't have anything else to add that hasn't been said. Rest in peace potted.

This is very sad news. You could tell by her posts and replies that she was a very nice and positive person.

That she thought to have a friend inform us here at such a time speaks volumes to her considerate nature...

Rest In Peace pottedplant.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones.

Chris

This is beyond sad. We exchanged PM's, talked on the phone. She and justawoman and myself were all at the same concert and hung out at a lot of the same places in our younger days growing up in New Orleans and never knew each other until we met on this forum. We talked about those days a few times. Brett was a wonderful lady and a blast to talk with and it was a privilege to know her. I just cannot believe this.

My deepest condolences to her family. R.I.P. our friend.

Edited by Deborah J

I never had any personal contact with pottedplant, but I know members here, who I have great respect for, hold this lovely lady in high esteem.

I'm shocked and very sad that one of 'Our Family' has passed away.

My deepest sympathies to her family and friends.

This is beyond sad. We exchanged PM's, talked on the phone. She and justawoman and myself were all at the same concert and hung out at a lot of the same places in our younger days growing up in New Orleans and never knew each other until we met on this forum. We talked about those days a few times. Brett was a wonderful lady and a blast to talk with and it was a privilege to know her. I just cannot believe this.

My deepest condolences to her family. R.I.P. our friend.

So sorry for you, too Debs.

Do we know what happened to her? It must have been fairly sudden. In any case, it really hits home when it is one of "US " .... I was rocked when our DZLDOC passed. ..... can't bring myself to delete his profile ..... R.I.P.