The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

Bad week for the NFL.  RIP Jaylon Ferguson (26) and Tony Siragusa (55).

Well before social media and “building your brand,” Tony Siragusa used Super Bowl XXXV to become a media star. He leveraged his wild persona to become a broadcaster, actor and pitchman. He even landed on The Sopranos. He was so savvy and such a character. RIP Goose.

Sonny Barger, the bigger-than-life godfather of the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club, equal parts brawler, bully, braggart, rule breaker and shrewd huckster of his own outlaw mystique, died June 29 at his home in Livermore, Calif. He was 83.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, greengrass said:

Sonny Barger, the bigger-than-life godfather of the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club, equal parts brawler, bully, braggart, rule breaker and shrewd huckster of his own outlaw mystique, died June 29 at his home in Livermore, Calif. He was 83.

spacer.png

Wow! That's a shock. I used to see him at Dron's HD in Oakland. I didn't think he was allowed to die. R.I.P. 'ol outlaw. 

14 hours ago, greengrass said:

spacer.pngDid you know him to quote what you've posted?

1 hour ago, greengrass said:

No , but ive met him three times at various rallys over the years. Why do you ask , btw that quote came from The Washington Post https://www.washingtonpost.com/obituaries/2022/06/30/sonny-barger-hells-angels-dead/

I got to feel the same way about bikes after so many years. Rather ride them than work on them. 

He kept riding the open road, thousands of miles a year, eventually professing a preference for high-powered Hondas and BMWs to the Angels’ traditional Harley choppers.

This year sucks - I hate the Grim Reaper:

'The Godfather' Star James Caan Dead At 82

•  

• James Caan
    James Caan
ce0f59e34e5e2ed247474cd15ce85cc2

Mollie Reilly
Thu, July 7, 2022 at 11:15 AM

In this article:
  •  

• James Caan
    James Caan
    American actor

Famed actor James Caan has died at the age of 82, his family announced Thursday. No cause of death was immediately reported.

Caan, known for his performances in films such as “Brian’s Song,” “Misery” and “Elf,” was nominated for an Academy Award for his role as Sonny Corleone in Francis Ford Coppola’s 1972 classic “The Godfather,” widely regarded as one of the best films ever made.

Caan died on Wednesday, July 6, his family said via the actor’s Twitter account. Caan himself was active on Twitter in his later years, always ending his missives with “End of tweet,” which his family nodded to in their announcement.

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

This year sucks - I hate the Grim Reaper:

•  

• James Caan
    James Caan
ce0f59e34e5e2ed247474cd15ce85cc2

Mollie Reilly
Thu, July 7, 2022 at 11:15 AM

In this article:
  •  

• James Caan
    James Caan
    American actor

Famed actor James Caan has died at the age of 82, his family announced Thursday. No cause of death was immediately reported.

Caan, known for his performances in films such as “Brian’s Song,” “Misery” and “Elf,” was nominated for an Academy Award for his role as Sonny Corleone in Francis Ford Coppola’s 1972 classic “The Godfather,” widely regarded as one of the best films ever made.

Caan died on Wednesday, July 6, his family said via the actor’s Twitter account. Caan himself was active on Twitter in his later years, always ending his missives with “End of tweet,” which his family nodded to in their announcement.

Yep. Sad day. RIP James Caan. I worked on a film back in 1996 in SC called The Program about a football team.

R😎EC3A3577-428C-4E10-8464-2665DFDC1785.jpeg

Edited by reids

Rest In Peace F-Troop star Larry Storch aged 99. Passed in his sleep. Followed him on FB.  He lived life to the fullest.  Very upbeat and positive person..

from fb 

It is with the heaviest of hearts that we share with you the news our beloved Larry passed away in his sleep overnight. We are shocked and at a loss for words at the moment. Please remember he loved each and every one of you and wouldn’t want you to cry over his passing. He is reunited with his wife Norma and his beloved F Troop cast and so many friends and family.

4 hours ago, the chase said:

Rest In Peace F-Troop star Larry Storch aged 99. Passed in his sleep. Followed him on FB.  He lived life to the fullest.  Very upbeat and positive person..

from fb 

It is with the heaviest of hearts that we share with you the news our beloved Larry passed away in his sleep overnight. We are shocked and at a loss for words at the moment. Please remember he loved each and every one of you and wouldn’t want you to cry over his passing. He is reunited with his wife Norma and his beloved F Troop cast and so many friends and family.

Dang it!!  I loved Larry in F Troop!!  I met Him and Melody Patterson at an autograph signing about 20 years ago. They were really cool and answered what ever we asked. They both looked old then, Damn 99  way to go Larry!!!

18 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe (Assassinated)

An immeasurable loss for Japan and the world. I consider Prime Minister Abe the third greatest political figure (among all nations) during my lifetime. 

He was truly a great man, person, and leader. Crazy to hear of something like that happening there. Just terrible. God bless him and his family. 

Edited by Plant77

15 hours ago, the chase said:

from fb 

received_365946192150349.jpeg