The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

4 minutes ago, chef free said:

RIP Dan Hicks!  He was in the ORIGINAL 1960's San Francisco rock band, the Charlatans, before the Jefferson Airplane, The Grateful Dead, or Big Brother.  

Dan Hicks & His Hot Licks!!! R.I.P. Dan. :(

2 hours ago, fuchsia said:

For those of you who remember the poster Styrbjorn, he passed away suddenly just after Christmas. He is missed more than words can describe.

Yes I do remember him.

You must have been close to him?  So very sorry.  

Can tell us a little about him?

R.I.P.

I am sure there are others who could do that. He had many friends. I will just say that he was witty, colossally intelligent, had an anarchic sense of humour, and was pretty much unbiddable :D If you were his friend you had to take him as you found him, but it was worth it. He has left a hollow in my world at any rate.

And since I'm posting on this forum, I'll say that he was also a Zep scholar.

Thanks for reading.

4 hours ago, fuchsia said:

I am sure there are others who could do that. He had many friends. I will just say that he was witty, colossally intelligent, had an anarchic sense of humour, and was pretty much unbiddable :D If you were his friend you had to take him as you found him, but it was worth it. He has left a hollow in my world at any rate.

And since I'm posting on this forum, I'll say that he was also a Zep scholar.

Thanks for reading.

Thank you.  I didn't have any personal exchanges with him, so I didn't get to know him, but I do remember him.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope his family are doing ok.  ♥

8 hours ago, LurksReturnington said:

Antonin Scalia dead... but who will comfort Steve A Jones? https://www.yahoo.com/politics/supreme-court-justice-scalia-dies-222420293.html

Yes, I'm inconsolable as we can rest assured Obama will appoint a poison pill the nation will have to suffer with for the next two decades or more. 

21 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

I thought politics and religion were banned topics at these forums?

Good luck with that following the death of political or religious figures. So long as the "spirit and intent" of the content restriction is upheld I don't see a problem, however the admins can always pull posts as necessary.