The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

15 hours ago, Strider said:

Don't listen to JTM. It's a hoax. Don't click on his link either...you'll likely get a virus or spam.

Oops, Sorry if I've inadvertently caused a problem for anyone. My Norton anti-virus  did not flag the link as unsafe. Good to hear that the passing of Tomita  is a hoax, for now anyway..Thanks Shaun.

A belated RIP to Howard Marks. I totally forgot ;) to add this. He will be remembered as a great importer of the finest things and will never be forgotten. errrrrr what was I saying? I forgot. Mrs CP? Got anything to munch? I know JTM would have enjoyed his merchandise.

17 hours ago, Strider said:

Don't listen to JTM. It's a hoax. Don't click on his link either...you'll likely get a virus or spam.

Oops, Sorry if I've inadvertently caused a problem for anyone. My Norton anti-virus  did not flag the link as unsafe. Good to hear that the passing of Tomita  is a hoax, for now anyway..Thanks Shaun.

What?? another double quote.....That forum upgrade, so buggy...

31 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

A belated RIP to Howard Marks. I totally forgot ;) to add this. He will be remembered as a great importer of the finest things and will never be forgotten. errrrrr what was I saying? I forgot. Mrs CP? Got anything to munch? I know JTM would have enjoyed his merchandise.

Oh yes, That Mr Nice book is like a timeline of what we were smoking in the late 70's, all that Columbian Grass, Xmas 77 we had those Tie/Thai sticks Howard wrote about and more. When Howard got bust the price of pot almost doubled overnight and the Quality went way downhill when some bright spark came up with that Euro-dope shite they called soap-bar....

1 hour ago, JTM said:

Oh yes, That Mr Nice book is like a timeline of what we were smoking in the late 70's, all that Columbian Grass, Xmas 77 we had those Tie/Thai sticks Howard wrote about and more. When Howard got bust the price of pot almost doubled overnight and the Quality went way downhill when some bright spark came up with that Euro-dope shite they called soap-bar....

Oh the Mr Nice book. Mrs CP did a bit of clearing out a few years ago  and she gave it to a charity book shop run by octogenarians. Oh deary me !:D

It's funny that I was chatting to a chum yesterday and we talking about just this subject. Thankfully those days are well and truly over, soap bar shite is officially no more. Importers have finally caught on that as the nation is getting awash with green ( good or bad), they are now bringing in really top quality merchandise. At a price mind you. The word is that commercial skunk rubbish is just not what punters want. My chum is today hopefully, scoring an OZ of the finest Malana cream known to man at £200. We actually got some a while back and it was beyond magnificent. It was so sticky black and man, the taste ! I have only ever seen that in India and the Dam. We had some Leb too a while back - clothed wrapped too and red.

So as to not go off topic, I can officially say "Soap Bar RIP and good fucking riddance"

Edited by chillumpuffer

Mmmmm Malana Cream, that sounds nice, not had any Leb for a while,it was really common years ago coming in it's muslin wrap White/Pinky Red/ (City) Blue, nice...Oh the old days Temple Ball Afghani Black, Malawi Egg......all the exotics that rarely surface around these parts nowadays  Too few traveling Heads, (Ha they're all in their fifties now) bringing something back from their treks from places folk would not dare visit these days...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm gutted at what has happened in my town, Orlando, these past 20 hours.  So sad for the victims.  Senseless.

RIP 

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

3 hours ago, Walter said:

I'm gutted at what has happened in my town, Orlando, these past 20 hours.  So sad for the victims.  Senseless.

RIP 

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Unimaginable. :( 

Glad you are safe.

20 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

RIP to the victims of this disgusting, senseless tragedy in Florida today.

I feel the same.  America is MY COUNTRY and a senseless attack of this magnitude is a personal affront to me and the 300+ other Americans that Love this Country. 

I am, but not meaning to be political, but the USA needs to annihilate people that are of this sort.  I am hurt by what happened but I stand by what I say. 

Words fail to express my outrage and disgust in this tragedy that was ideologically and homophobically motivated.

Condolences and Sympathies to the victim's family and friends and the people of Orlando Florida for the senseless violation of your fine city.

My daughter spent six months there recently and absolutely loved the place.She will be shattered. 

Stay strong!

31 minutes ago, Reggie29 said:

Words fail to express my outrage and disgust in this tragedy that was ideologically and homophobically motivated.

Condolences and Sympathies to the victim's family and friends and the people of Orlando Florida for the senseless violation of your fine city.

My daughter spent six months there recently and absolutely loved the place.She will be shattered. 

Stay strong!

It helps me that you and millions of Others feel the same way.  Thank You!!!

Is this the price we pay for being too politically correct when a savage animal who the governement already knew had ties to islamic terrorism and they still wouldn't do a fucking thing?   Now he kills so many beautiful young people and we here are too afraid to make a thread for these victims?

Hey here is a thought:  people who are MURDERED by evil inspired religious crazies do not rest in peace.

7 hours ago, kipper said:

Is this the price we pay for being too politically correct when a savage animal who the governement already knew had ties to islamic terrorism and they still wouldn't do a fucking thing?   Now he kills so many beautiful young people and we here are too afraid to make a thread for these victims?

Question #1: Yes.

Question #2: THIS thread is already serving that purpose.

Edited by SteveAJones

7 hours ago, kipper said:

Hey here is a thought:  people who are MURDERED by evil inspired religious crazies do not rest in peace.

Smh

20 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

The recent database update may have had an error in this thread. Should be ok now.

Aha...no need for a RIP "Rest in Peace Thread" then. Welcome back.

While mourning the Orlando tragedy, it is worth reflecting that this is the 50th anniversary of the Charles Whitman University of Texas shootings. It shows how little progress we have made in 50 years. Some may even conclude we have regressed.

50 years ago, a mass shooting was a rarity. It was shocking to all who were alive at that time. Now, mass shootings happen with sad regularity. People even report being numb to the experience.

When violence is so common-place that people become inured to it that is a sign of a society in trouble.

On 6/13/2016 at 6:50 AM, SteveAJones said:

Question #1: Yes.

Question #2: THIS thread is already serving that purpose.

I enjoy this tread, I just meant that it seems like people are in fear of saying anything here or making a thread that might offend someone else which is too bad.  These people were slaughtered they did not die of old age.

So RIP to all who are being killed everyday in the name of religion, any religion.