The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

On 6/28/2016 at 6:28 AM, apantherfrommd said:

Great posts, kipper. It looks like only 1 person is trying to debate you. (And in the Rest In Peace forum of all places) *smh*

I'm sorry for the loss you must feel on this horrible attack. May this tragedy and more like this be stopped, like in San Bernardino, Chattanooga, Brussels, and Paris (the later 2 of which NRA doesn't even exist) ;), so that these victims can truly Rest in Peace. Take care, kipper.

Thank you for that kindness, I am personally devastated by the horrible mass murder in Orlando on several levels which I won't go into. I am angry because they were watching this guy because he already made terrorist threats. How does this happen?

R.I.P Christina Grimmie. 

This broke my heart. Gunned down at 22?! What is this stupid world coming to?! :( 

What was so eerie was that this kid was gunned down, barely a day before yet another tragedy (only this time, a mass tragedy) struck Orlando. Sickening. Just sickening. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/11/us-singer-christina-grimmie-shot-outside-concert-in-florida

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

One of the pleasures of travelling for me is being able to disconnect from the news and avoid the horrors of the rest of the world. Of course, when I get back home and confront the stacks of newspapers waiting for me, the death toll is sometimes overwhelming.

So many passed while I was away...Buddy, Pat, and on and on. But the two that probably meant most to me were Scotty Moore and Elie Wiesel. Two significant figures of the 20th century...for different reasons...but each created shock waves that resonate to this day.

Every day is a lesson in mortality. We all gotta go sometime. But it is still sad to see so many good ones shuffling off this mortal coil.

Rest in peace Scotty. Rest in peace Elie. Rest in peace Pat. R.I.P. to all those we have lost recently.

Three Dallas policemen have been killed in downtown Dallas at the hands of (apparently) 2 or more snipers.  No suspects in custody yet.  RIP to those 3 Dallas officers. 

Edited to add:  this sucks because the new "breaking news" is that another officer has now been confirmed dead.  A total of 11 Dallas policemen have been shot with these 4 being senselessly murdered. 

The Dallas Police Department or the Dallas SWAT team needs to kill this other sniper that is refusing to cooperate and turn himself in.  Shoot this MFerr in the head and be done with it. 

Edited by kingzoso

On 7/8/2016 at 11:06 PM, kingzoso said:

Three Dallas policemen have been killed in downtown Dallas at the hands of (apparently) 2 or more snipers.  No suspects in custody yet.  RIP to those 3 Dallas officers. 

Edited to add:  this sucks because the new "breaking news" is that another officer has now been confirmed dead.  A total of 11 Dallas policemen have been shot with these 4 being senselessly murdered. 

The Dallas Police Department or the Dallas SWAT team needs to kill this other sniper that is refusing to cooperate and turn himself in.  Shoot this MFerr in the head and be done with it. 

From Joey Gallo's instagram : joeygallo24A couple months ago @nomazara26and I were walking down the street in downtown Dallas. When an officer stopped us, Mazara and I immediately became nervous, "I know who you guys are" he said. "Joey Gallo and Nomar Mazara, can I get a picture with you guys please?" It was definitely a first for me and Nomar to have an officer, a true hero, want to meet us. His name is Patrick Zamarripa, one of the officers killed in last nights shootings in Dallas. I'll never forget how kind and down to Earth he was. We ended up having a 15 minute conversation about sports with him. He was an avid Rangers fan. But more importantly a great person, and family man. Please keep Patrick, and all the officers affected and their families in our prayers today. #prayfordallas

2016-07-08-18-52-28-1.png

52 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

RIP Noel Neill

Wow. I actually had to google her name. I'm not very versant in comic book lore. Just 4 years shy of 100...a good long life. R.I.P.

Edited by Strider

RIP to the 84 innocent people killed in Nice on Bastille day with their friends and family by a man named Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel who was a French citizen of Tunisian decent.

14 hours ago, reswati said:

Just vegetarian, like Jimmy.

Had the urge to type the comment after painting something based on raw meat.

Interesting, I did not know JP was vegetarian.

yes, I hear what you are saying.  I think there is a video on YouTube called "Meet Your Meat".  Shocking in how insensitive the meat industry is, but truly amazing how it is not more disease filled given how dirty and messy it is.

like you, vegetarian here, just for full disclosure, lol.

On 7/20/2016 at 7:08 AM, in_the_evening said:

Interesting, I did not know JP was vegetarian.

yes, I hear what you are saying.  I think there is a video on YouTube called "Meet Your Meat".  Shocking in how insensitive the meat industry is, but truly amazing how it is not more disease filled given how dirty and messy it is.

like you, vegetarian here, just for full disclosure, lol.

you can get e-coli from the lettuce you get at the store because apperently field workers like to take a shit in the fields while they work.  If you just cook your meat thoroughly there won't be a problem.  I love animals too but talk of them in this thread is really obnoxious after so much news of people being murdered by terrorists. It really shows were some people have sort of screwy priorities I think.  Really sad for this forum that people do that.

1 hour ago, kipper said:

you can get e-coli from the lettuce you get at the store because apperently field workers like to take a shit in the fields while they work.  If you just cook your meat thoroughly there won't be a problem.  I love animals too but talk of them in this thread is really obnoxious after so much news of people being murdered by terrorists. It really shows were some people have sort of screwy priorities I think.  Really sad for this forum that people do that.

I eat no meat because I have the choice to do so, it's something ethical (and we will all die in the end no matter what we eat......and no, people like me don't live just on lettuce, lol).

I don't see talking of this as obnoxious (it was never indicated this thread was only about human beings), and neither has this anything to do with murder by terrorists, but rather with respect for living conscious creatures (and face it, a whale won't type one single letter here, even though they are being hunted to extinction).

Peace to you, living soul named Kipper.

And just to whom it may concern..........this site counts the amounts of animals that get killed from the moment on you open it

http://www.adaptt.org/killcounter.html

Edited by reswati