The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2016 at 4:09 PM, Walter said:

Upset me?  Never.  Being proven correct?  Not so much.  "Political correctness", based on the example you gave above, has never come into play with this mentally ill murderer.  He was watched for years by the FBI and was still allowed to buy military grade weapons, legally.    Don't see any "politically correct" actions there.  

I remembered what you said and then when I heard Hillary say this at the convention I felt vindicated so here is what she said.

" From Baghdad and Kabul, to Nice and Paris and Brussels, to San Bernardino and Orlando, we're dealing with determined enemies that must be defeated. "

Im not trying to fight but Im still dealing with the pain that happened in Orlando and I just hope people realize we are all in this together. 

RIP to all who are dying in the world because of hate

Edited by kipper

RIP Bryan Clauson who died as a result to injuries sustained in a race Saturday night. 

He drove in many different disciplines of motorsports including NASCAR, Indy 500, Rolex 24 sports car racing and dirt track racing.   

3 hours ago, ebk said:

RIP John Saunders of ESPN

One of the best out there. 

Aw man. That is a bummer. Always enjoyed The Sports Reporters show on ESPN. Rest in Peace John Saunders.

Edited by Strider

On 8/9/2016 at 2:02 PM, cryingbluerain said:

Interesting seeing the Orlando killer's dad standing right behind HC at her rally yesterday cheering  her on.  Guess she's got that coveted terrorist endorsement in the bag now.

they were talking about this at work and I didn't believe it but it is true. Worst part is that the people standing behind are hand picked to be in the picture by the staff.  what a slap in the face this is for families hoping their loved ones will rest in peace.

a close friend of mine lost someone in that shooting and this just makes the pain so much more to hear

• 2 weeks later...

The relentless toll of 2016 continues...

Recording engineer extraordinaire Rudy Van Gelder at a robust 91 years of age. If you have any decent amount of jazz albums, particularly from the Blue Note label, there's a good chance the majority were engineered by RVG. The RVG sound is legendary among music enthusiasts and his stamp is on countless all-time classics such as John Coltrane's "A Love Supreme".

Rest in Peace Rudy Van Gelder.

http://www.factmag.com/2016/08/25/rudy-van-gelder-jazz-dies/

Edited by Strider

genewilder-e1339684556207.jpg

Goodnight sweet prince. R.I.P. Gene Wilder.

There was talk and whispers of late that Gene Wilder's health was failing. But still, how sad to lose a great talent such as Gene. The only comfort is that he is with his beloved, Gilda Radner, again.

The Producers. Willy Wonka. Everything You Wanted to Know About Sex (But Were Afraid to Ask). Blazing Saddles. Young Frankenstein. Silver Streak.

He is the ONE TRUE Willy Wonka. But he will always be just Jim to me. ;)

Edited by Strider

5 hours ago, Strider said:

genewilder-e1339684556207.jpg

Goodnight sweet prince. R.I.P. Gene Wilder.

There was talk and whispers of late that Gene Wilder's health was failing. But still, how sad to lose a great talent such as Gene. The only comfort is that he is with his beloved, Gilda Radner, again.

The Producers. Willy Wonka. Everything You Wanted to Know About Sex (But Were Afraid to Ask). Blazing Saddles. Young Frankenstein. Silver Streak.

He is the ONE TRUE Willy Wonka. But he will always be just Jim to me. ;)

Don't forget " see no evil, hear no evil".....

Genius .

R.I.P.  

15 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

"Stir Crazy" is hilarious. Always loved Gene Wilder. As Jules says a talented and genuinely funny man

Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor were two of the best comedic duos in the Movie Industry back in the late 1970'.