The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

9 hours ago, slave to zep said:

Gene has been on of my favourite actors since Willy, but cemented his place in my heart with "Young Frankenstein".  What a movie.  What a talented man. 

R.I.P.  Dr Frarnkenstein.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: No, it's pronounced "Fronkensteen."

Igor: Do you also say "Froaderick"?

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: No... "Frederick."

Igor: Well, why isn't it "Froaderick Fronkensteen"?

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: It isn't; it's "Frederick Fronkensteen."

Igor: I see.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: You must be Igor.

[He pronounces it ee-gor]

Igor: No, it's pronounced "eye-gor."

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: But they told me it was "ee-gor."

Igor: Well, they were wrong then, weren't they?

10 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Love the phrase Steady as a rock....

A legend passed away today. 

R.I.P Mr. Wilder aka Willy Wonka, aka the Wacko Kid :( 

Waco Kid. Named after the city in Texas. ;)

The internet is flooded with tributes to Gene Wilder in the wake of his passing...with good reason, of course. But it seems they all focus on his work with Mel Brooks, Richard Pryor, or Willy Wonka.

But, to me, one of the earliest signs that Gene Wilder was not just a fine comic actor, but an actor with the capacity for sensitivity and depth, was his segment in Woody Allen's "Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex". It was a part that required a delicate balance to carry it off....and Gene Wilder nailed it. I cannot see anyone else being as successful in this role.

Just watch his reaction at the :52 second mark...how perfectly calibrated his long drawn-out pause is.

The second part...

Edited by Strider

10 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: No, it's pronounced "Fronkensteen."

Igor: Do you also say "Froaderick"?

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: No... "Frederick."

Igor: Well, why isn't it "Froaderick Fronkensteen"?

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: It isn't; it's "Frederick Fronkensteen."

Igor: I see.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: You must be Igor.

[He pronounces it ee-gor]

Igor: No, it's pronounced "eye-gor."

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: But they told me it was "ee-gor."

Igor: Well, they were wrong then, weren't they?

Thank you! Love love love that movie :)

13 hours ago, Strider said:

Waco Kid. Named after the city in Texas. ;)

The internet is flooded with tributes to Gene Wilder in the wake of his passing...with good reason, of course. But it seems they all focus on his work with Mel Brooks, Richard Pryor, or Willy Wonka.

But, to me, one of the earliest signs that Gene Wilder was not just a fine comic actor, but an actor with the capacity for sensitivity and depth, was his segment in Woody Allen's "Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex". It was a part that required a delicate balance to carry it off....and Gene Wilder nailed it. I cannot see anyone else being as successful in this role.

Just watch his reaction at the :52 second mark...how perfectly calibrated his long drawn-out pause is.

The second part...

Oh my goodness!! Strider, I was feeling so bad that Wilder had passed away and here you come in and just turn my frown into a smile and a giggle! Thank you, so very much for posting these clips! :yourock::friends: 

Lines like I would like to have some chilled white burgundy, a little caviar and some grass...oh, just plain green grass are so side splittingly funny, quirky and timeless! :hysterical: 

You're so right! Nobody but Gene Wilder could have pulled off such a role! It all seems so natural. The way he says his lines in such a conversational tone! Sheer brilliance! 

This post goes out to all the innocent Americans who were murdered 15 years ago on this date:  September 11, 2001.  Even though I never knew any of You, You will always be in my Mind and Heart.   God Bless all of You and God Bless America... and

...Long Live the Great and Powerful United States of America!!!

Edited by kingzoso

3 hours ago, Virginia said:

I'm so very sorry to see this :( . Charmian Carr has passed.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/sound-music-star-charmian-carr-8865561

2 hours ago, Ddladner said:

Rest in Peace, Liesl.  I always loved the sparkle in her eyes, the beautiful look of young love.  

+1 :(

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, blindwillie127 said:

To this day, that 'Spin You Round" song makes me nauseous, but I guess that could be considered an accomplishment for some. Didn't know he was addicted to  cosmetic surgery (300 procedures), pretty crazy shit man. RIP

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/oct/24/dead-or-alive-frontman-pete-burns-dies-aged-57

Yeah Pete Burns had more plastic than your average carrier bag

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, TypeO said:

Rest In Peace to my 24 year-old nephew Sean, of an overdose. On my way to be with my brother and his family at this terribly difficult time.

IMG_6445.JPG

??

Goddamn. TypeO, we don't know each other except thru this forum, but it saddens me this had to happen to your family. No words can really comfort and nothing can bring your nephew back. I can only offer my condolences and sympathy. There but for the grace of god (or sheer luck) go I.