The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

8 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Former Brooklyn Dodgers pitcher RALPH BRANCA, who gave up Bobby Thompson's "Shot Heard Round The World", has died at 90.

The Giants Win The Pennant! (repeat)

Now there was a New York rivalry that will never be matched, even in SF and LA.

I was definitely a Brady Bunch kid growing up, and Mrs. Brady reminded me of my own mother.  Just saw Florence on Dancing with the Stars, supporting contestant Maureen McCormick (Marcia Brady).  Oh, the memories of those dear '70s shows.

Rest in Peace, Florence Henderson.

:( 

1 minute ago, Ddladner said:

I was definitely a Brady Bunch kid growing up, and Mrs. Brady reminded me of my own mother.  Just saw Florence on Dancing with the Stars, supporting contestant Maureen McCormick (Marcia Brady).  Oh, the memories of those dear '70s shows.

My brother met her. He said she was exactly what you'd expect; friendly, warm beautiful, classy.  

Ahhh!!! Son of a bitch! The bloody Grim Reaper has struck again! :( 

I remember when I was a little girl, I used to come home from school at 3 PM and a classic TV line up consisting of The Brady Bunch, I Love Lucy and Three's Company greeted me! 90 minutes of television bliss!

Mrs. Brady and Alice were my favourite characters! 

27 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Ahhh!!! Son of a bitch! The bloody Grim Reaper has struck again! :( 

I remember when I was a little girl, I used to come home from school at 3 PM and a classic TV line up consisting of The Brady Bunch, I Love Lucy and Three's Company greeted me! 90 minutes of television bliss!

Mrs. Brady and Alice were my favourite characters! 

Goodness, think of all the kids (from multiple generations) who were reared on The Brady Bunch!  Good stuff!  :thumbsup:

On November 23, 2016 at 6:10 PM, SteveAJones said:

Proceed to the nearest university campus...a safe space awaits where you can cry and hug it out snowflake. 

Typical response.  Like IpMan said, keep it classy Steve.

RIP Florence Henderson

9 hours ago, Ddladner said:

Yes, ma'am!  I think we have one (TVLand), although it's been a while since I watched it so not sure it's still all of the classics.

That's wonderfully encouraging! :D We really need to spread awareness among the kids of today. Honestly, if it were up to me, I will definitely start a TV channel called Nostalgia TV or something and broadcast back to back episodes of all the classics like The Brady Bunch, I Love Lucy, Here's Lucy, Bewitched, Gilligan's Island, The Jack Benny Show,  I Dream of Genie, Three's Company, Man About The House, Man from U.N.C.L.E, Batman and Robbin, Get Smart, All In The Family, Different Strokes, On The Buses, Fawlty Towers, Are You Being Served?, etc. coupled with Classic Cartoon shows like The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Top Cat, The Yogi Bear Show, Wally Gator, Winsome Witch, Augie Doggie, Secret Squirrel, Atom Ant, Pixie and Dixie and Mr. Jinx, The Smurfs and so many more!

Now, if only I had the capital and the connections, I'll get started on this project right away! 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

8 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

That's wonderfully encouraging! :D We really need to spread awareness among the kids of today. Honestly, if it were up to me, I will definitely start a TV channel called Nostalgia TV or something and broadcast back to back episodes of all the classics like The Brady Bunch, I Love Lucy, Here's Lucy, Bewitched, Gilligan's Island, The Jack Benny Show,  I Dream of Genie, Three's Company, Man About The House, Man from U.N.C.L.E, Batman and Robbin, Get Smart, All In The Family, Different Strokes, On The Buses, Fawlty Towers, Are You Being Served?, etc. coupled with Classic Cartoon shows like The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Top Cat, The Yogi Bear Show, Wally Gator, Winsome Witch, Augie Doggie, Secret Squirrel, Atom Ant, Pixie and Dixie and Mr. Jinx, The Smurfs and so many more!

Now, if only I had the capital and the connections, I'll get started on this project right away! 

We also have a channel called Boomerang that airs old cartoons. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boomerang_(TV_channel)

On 11/25/2016 at 6:29 AM, Ddladner said:

This was the first news I got on my return from my Thanksgiving idyll. What a shock. Like you, Dd, and many others, I spent countless evenings (I am old enough to have watched the show in its first-run primetime airings) and afterschool afternoons watching "The Brady Bunch". There is more I could say but won't...not here. Rest in peace, Florence. You made a lot of kids happy and less alone in the world.

On 11/25/2016 at 6:34 AM, the chase said:

My brother met her. He said she was exactly what you'd expect; friendly, warm beautiful, classy.  

I have heard the same from many people who have met Florence Henderson. A real nice lady.