The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

Saw these tonight. Debbie Reynolds received two stars on the Walk of Fame...one for film and one for her stage career. Carrie never got an official Hollywood Walk of Fame Star. So someone made one for her using one of the blank stars on Hollywood Boulevard near the Chinese Theatre. 

20161229_015238.jpg

20161229_020129-1.jpg

What makes me nervous is that we still have two days left in this horrible year for celebrity deaths to go...isn't the Grim Reaper tired yet?! Fuckin' hell!

Mind ya, I am fully aware that the Reaper's work is only going to accelerate over the next few years, but it's never the ones you expect to go that go, know what I mean? Of all the prominent people who died this year I think the only one that really wasn't a shock to me was bleedin' Castro...

4 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

What makes me nervous is that we still have two days left in this horrible year for celebrity deaths to go...isn't the Grim Reaper tired yet?! Fuckin' hell!

Mind ya, I am fully aware that the Reaper's work is only going to accelerate over the next few years, but it's never the ones you expect to go that go, know what I mean? Of all the prominent people who died this year I think the only one that really wasn't a shock to me was bleedin' Castro...

Yes, why is it always seem to be the good ones, or people who went through years of shit and got their life together, on the verge of act 2 and BAM! Dead. I mean let's at least mix it up a bit. How about waking up to breaking news: Putin died last night due to an un-diagnosed ghost hemorrhoid which exploded in his ass and led to death by exsanguination. Or: This just in, Donald Trump, while trying to grab a pussy, slipped and fell on a deli slicer which resulted in his losing his fingers. Then, the slicer fell on the Donald's neck which resulted in permanent loss of speech. But no, instead we get Bowie, Prince, Michael, Fisher, Reynolds, etc going off to box city while the nasty bastards just keep on keeping on. Pol Pot was 73 when he died in his sleep, so much for karma.

Edited by IpMan

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

Yes, why is it always seem to be the good ones, or people who went through years of shit and got their life together, on the verge of act 2 and BAM! Dead. I mean let's at least mix it up a bit. How about waking up to breaking news: Putin died last night due to an un-diagnosed ghost hemorrhoid which exploded in his ass and led to death by exsanguination. Or: This just in, Donald Trump, while trying to grab a pussy, slipped and fell on a deli slicer which resulted in his losing his fingers. Then, the slicer fell on the Donald's neck which resulted in permanent loss of speech. But no, instead we get Bowie, Prince, Michael, Fisher, Reynolds, etc going off to box city while the nasty bastards just keep on keeping on. Pol Pot was 73 when he died in his sleep, so much for karma.

Why not YOU?

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

Pretty low turning tragic loss of life into a political statement.  The left know no shame..............

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

Pretty low turning tragic loss of life into a political statement.  The left know no shame..............

Nothing political at all in my post, just pointing out how dictators (Putin, Pol Pot) and social ingrates (Trump...even his supporters cannot argue this point) seem to live long, blessed lives while good people who contribute positive things tend to die young. I guess Billy Joel was right, only the good die young. My maternal grandmother lived to 93, my mom said heaven did not want her and the devil was afraid she would take over.

Just an observation, too bad you viewed a simple observation through a political lens.

3 minutes ago, craigled said:

So much awful news about right now. My thoughts are will them and their families. Scared of listening the news each day, Right now.

Indeed, I cannot wait for this infernal year to end...just horrible.

41 minutes ago, IpMan said:

Nothing political at all in my post, just pointing out how dictators (Putin, Pol Pot) and social ingrates (Trump...even his supporters cannot argue this point) seem to live long, blessed lives while good people who contribute positive things tend to die young. I guess Billy Joel was right, only the good die young. My maternal grandmother lived to 93, my mom said heaven did not want her and the devil was afraid she would take over.

Just an observation, too bad you viewed a simple observation through a political lens.

RIGGGHHT...nothing at all political in that statement.  Just TRY to stick to the topic please....or go take your crayons and go your safe zone.

4 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

RIGGGHHT...nothing at all political in that statement.  Just TRY to stick to the topic please....or go take your crayons and go your safe zone.

Ha, wherever I am at is a safe zone, I am a serious badass my friend. When my time comes the Grim Reaper is gonna have one hell of a fight on it's hands.

It was revealed today that Rashaan Salaam, former Colorado running back and Heisman trophy winner, died on 5 December of a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head.  The family refused to allow the coroner to do an autopsy to see if he suffered from brain trauma due to his football playing.

7 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

May you live to 100, and may the last voice you hear be Donald J. Trump's.

That would be my luck:

"I am Donald Trump, I am Death, I am here to take your soul...Bwahahahahahaha..." Yep, that sounds about right.

1 minute ago, Stryder1978 said:

It was revealed today that Rashaan Salaam, former Colorado running back and Heisman trophy winner, died on 5 December of a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head.  The family refused to allow the coroner to do an autopsy to see if he suffered from brain trauma due to his football playing.

That's weird, you would think the family would want to know, sad.

22 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

These agenda-driven leftists man, ALWAYS looking to play the VICTIM card. So we're to understand he was either the VICTIM of winning a Heisman trophy, concussions or both? It can't possibly be simply because he became depressed at the thought his best years are behind him, or he had relationship problems, or pissed away all of his money, a combination thereof or whatever. From what I understand an autopsy was done, insofar as it confirmed he died of a self-inflicted gunshot to the head. His family did not permit tests to determine if previous traumatic brain injuries were a factor, perhaps to avoid the further politicization of his demise.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/21/sports/rashaan-salaam-death-heisman-trophy-cte.html?_r=0 

http://www.inquisitr.com/3835951/rashaan-salaam-suicide-confirmed-by-autopsy/

7 hours ago, IpMan said:

Or how about somebody takes a lamp or something heavy to the current guy before he does even more damage? Is that what you want to see happen too?

And in case you were not aware Bowie raped a little girl many years ago. Good people don't rape little girls Ipman.  Are you having a bad day Ipman, why would you say what you just said otherwise?

Putin is no Pol Pot and Donald Trump never raped a little girl.