The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

I thought this was the all official LZ. com Rest In Peace thread...  where people are dying to get in .... not the Kate Jackson is hotter than Carrie Fisher or President Elect Trump is accused by some of rape thread..

keep it on track guys.. There are plenty of other threads for that stuff.  

Edited by the chase

26 minutes ago, the chase said:

I thought this was the all official LZ. com Rest In Peace thread...  where people are dying to get in .... not the Kate Jackson is hotter than Carrie Fisher or President Elect Trump is accused by some of rape thread..

I don't post too much but thank you for saying this. It's really so inappropriate to get into wishing people should die, political nastiness etc. in any thread, but especially this :(

18 hours ago, the chase said:

I know what thread this is because I started it. Nearly every passing is met with a variety of posts. Some are strictly RIP, while others are more free form in their content. I didn't just say Kate Jackson was hotter, I presented an obscure film they were both in. As far as I'm concerned that is keeping things on track. She has passed away and we were discussing her. Trump bashers, well they just can't help themselves. You could start a thread about how to repair an old VCR and they'd find a way to drag him into the discussion.

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

I know what thread this is because I started it. Nearly every passing is met with a variety of posts. Some are strictly RIP, while others are more free form in their content. I didn't just say Kate Jackson was hotter, I presented an obscure film they were both in. As far as I'm concerned that is keeping things on track. She has passed away and we were discussing her. Trump bashers, well they just can't help themselves. You could start a thread about how to repair an old VCR and they'd find a way to drag him into the discussion.

I know you started it and you tell people what you feel should and shouldn't be posted here. I feel and obviously some others do as well that a conversation about how hot Carrie Fisher is as Princess Leah belongs in a Star Wars thread... or the Beautiful Women thread, Not the Rest In Peace thread.  The Trump stuff here is just ridiculous, no argument from me on that.  Happy New Year 

5 minutes ago, the chase said:

I know you started it and you tell people what you feel should and shouldn't be posted here. I feel and obviously some others do as well that a conversation about how hot Carrie Fisher is as Princess Leah belongs in a Star Wars thread... or the Beautiful Women thread, Not the Rest In Peace thread.  The Trump stuff here is just ridiculous, no argument from me on that.  Happy New Year 

Agree 100%

3 minutes ago, the chase said:

I have been consistent in saying all passings should be commemorated in this thread. However, because the forum is a lot like the world we live in -- filled with people who just want to argue or be difficult -- independent RIP threads still get started from time to time. I don't lose sleep over it one way or the other. I see the logic in discussing how hot Carrie Fisher was as Princess Leia in the Star Wars thread, but I also see how it could come up for discussion here. Beautiful Woman is a photo-centric thread with minimal to no discussion. I've even tried to introduce video content there but it hasn't seemed to catch on. Happy New Year.

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I know sometimes threads get off topic but you suggested another member die, and there are several instances of liberal bashing and assuming everyone who's a Democrat is like that. I take offense as a liberal but regardless, attacking other people for differing view points or taking every opportunity to dig into someone is inappropriate and especially in a thread dedicated to those who passed. 

1 hour ago, tenyearsgone21 said:

I know sometimes threads get off topic but you suggested another member die, and there are several instances of liberal bashing and assuming everyone who's a Democrat is like that. I take offense as a liberal but regardless, attacking other people for differing view points or taking every opportunity to dig into someone is inappropriate and especially in a thread dedicated to those who passed. 

Well, he should have thought that before suggesting my friend be the one to die.

19 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Well, he should have thought that before suggesting my friend be the one to die.

I never suggested anyone die, that would be a horrible thing to wish for. Further, my post was in jest and I would think that was obvious from the tone as the likelihood of Mr. Trump getting anywhere near anything which would require manual labor is beyond ridiculous.

Have to agree with you on one point Steve... Kate Jackson was / is smoking hot. She was my favorite Angel.

RIP 2016, here is to hoping 2017 is an amazing year, the best year, I know years and I will tell you, 2017...amazing!!!

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

I never suggested anyone die, that would be a horrible thing to wish for. Further, my post was in jest and I would think that was obvious from the tone as the likelihood of Mr. Trump getting anywhere near anything which would require manual labor is beyond ridiculous.

Have to agree with you on one point Steve... Kate Jackson was / is smoking hot. She was my favorite Angel.

RIP 2016, here is to hoping 2017 is an amazing year, the best year, I know years and I will tell you, 2017...amazing!!!

You had suggested my friend Vladimir die. All in the past.

For those who survive it, 2017 is going to be an amazing year, believe me. 

4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

You had suggested my friend Vladimir die. All in the past.

For those who survive it, 2017 is going to be an amazing year, believe me. 

Whoops, sorry Steve, I had no idea Vlad the Impaler was a personal friend. Can you please post a list of all the dictators and despots you happen to drink tea with from time to time so I know who not to offend.

Much obliged and Happy New Year

19 minutes ago, IpMan said:

Can you please post a list of all the dictators and despots you happen to drink tea with from time to time so I know who not to offend.

Sounds like you're dealing with a delicate snowflake who needs his safe space

On 12/30/2016 at 8:31 AM, IpMan said:

First, Obama has never tweeted insane rants at 3am nor has he joked about sexual assault, unlike Trump thus the comment. 

Yes I am aware of Bowie's actions with Lori Mattox and I agree that was messed up.

his "actions" were that he raped a little girl Ipman. Trump never raped anyone so get over it. now that 2017 is here we need to let the politics of 2016 RIP too

5 hours ago, kipper said:

his "actions" were that he raped a little girl Ipman. Trump never raped anyone so get over it. now that 2017 is here we need to let the politics of 2016 RIP too

You cannot possibly make that claim, you have no idea what Trump has or has not done in his life anymore than he knows every nasty detail of yours.

Res is right...RIP to common sense as it is clearly dead and moldering.

22 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

That is your reputation, not mine.

Nice try....epic fail, as always.  You'd be best staying with knowing where Jimmy Page slept on January 3, 1971....

Here's some batch material for you on your lonely January evening in Japan.  Snowflake.

Edited by Walter

10 minutes ago, the chase said:

It'll be pretty pathetic if you guys manage to get The Rest In Peace thread locked.. 

This Ramble On section is pretty pathetic anymore, if you haven't noticed.  

However keeping with the thread, RIP Granny:

Born one year before the ill-fated Titanic struck an iceberg, the world's oldest known killer whale is believed to have died after going missing.

The killer whale, who was affectionately known as Granny, is estimated to have been 105-years-old at the time of death. 

She was last spotted on 12 October in the Haro Strait - but scientists have now lost hope that they will ever see her again.

Researchers have studied the remarkable cetacean since 1971 when they estimated she was 60 years old and gave her the official name of J2.

Edited by Walter