The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

R.I.P. Milos Forman. "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest". Enough said. Then you add "Amadeus", "The Firemen's Ball", "Man on the Moon", "The People vs. Larry Flynt", and plenty others and it adds up to one helluva oeuvre from the rebel from Czechoslovakia.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-43767278

Edited by Strider

20 minutes ago, Strider said:

R.I.P. Milos Forman. "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest". Enough said. Then you add "Amadeus", "The Fireman's Ball", "Man on the Moon", "The People vs. Larry Flynt", and plenty others.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-43767278

Watched "Amadeus" again just yesterday (after quite a while), in his memory. 

On 4/14/2018 at 8:22 AM, SteveAJones said:

Art Bell. Used to listen to him often. Great radio voice and a very good interviewer.

18 hours ago, redrum said:

Art Bell. Used to listen to him often. Great radio voice and a very good interviewer.

I never knew what he looked like.

From the mid to late 90's I would have his show on all night long. He'd be all over the AM dial with the amount of affiliates that broadcasted Coast to Coast. 

Of all the great shows & interviews  he had, this is by far my favorite :

11 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Watched "Amadeus" again just yesterday (after quite a while), in his memory. 

I'm glad you watched that again. It's astoundingly moving if factually untrue. But while "Amadeus" and "Cuckoo's Nest" will get most of the love, don't sleep on his earlier works. Try to find "Taking Off!" and watch that. Or the "Loves of a Blonde" and "Hair!".

3 hours ago, zepscoda said:

From the mid to late 90's I would have his show on all night long. He'd be all over the AM dial with the amount of affiliates that broadcasted Coast to Coast. 

Of all the great shows & interviews  he had, this is by far my favorite :

I don't listen to much talk radio. I find most of it a tedious, gaseous wasteland.

Art Bell was the exception. You could always count on him to provide something worth your while...and maybe learn something new along the way. Or challenge a commonly-held perception.

R.I.P. Art Bell.

33 minutes ago, Strider said:

I'm glad you watched that again. It's astoundingly moving if factually untrue. But while "Amadeus" and "Cuckoo's Nest" will get most of the love, don't sleep on his earlier works. Try to find "Taking Off!" and watch that. Or the "Loves of a Blonde" and "Hair!".

Strider, I read the synopsis for "Taking Off" and it is just the kind of theme that I am interested in! I have always been very interested about how day to day life was, in the 60's, the constant rebellion between teenagers and their parents, etc. Many many thanks for the recommendation! :D Hopefully, I won't have to wait till the weekend, to watch it! *fingers crossed

5 hours ago, kipper said:

Lee Ermey has passed --RIP

Screen-Shot-2012-12-12-at-9.00.12-PM.jpg

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Ermey was one hell of a good guy, a truly nice guy in life. I loved his portrayals in movies, whatever he played he always brought something special  to the role.

15 hours ago, IpMan said:

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Ermey was one hell of a good guy, a truly nice guy in life. I loved his portrayals in movies, whatever he played he always brought something special  to the role.

Somebody shared this video on my other news forum. He seemed like a very smart man. He was a great actor too.

9 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I always had a thing for his co-star, Markie Post. That lady put a rise in my Levis. Very underrated '80s gal.

Markie Post replaced the original actress who was played by Ellen Foley (Public Defender Billy Young). Foley was also the response on Meat Loaf's Paradise by the Dashboard Light and did backing vocals on the album.

Small World

44 minutes ago, IpMan said:

Markie Post replaced the original actress who was played by Ellen Foley (Public Defender Billy Young). Foley was also the response on Meat Loaf's Paradise by the Dashboard Light and did backing vocals on the album.

Small World

Really? Well, I prefer Markie Post. She seems like the type of gal that if it didn't work out she might swear at you or key your car but she would begrudgingly come to understand and accept it was over. Foley on the other hand seems like the bunny boiling type. I think Harry Anderson would agree. 

46 minutes ago, kingzoso said:

Barbara Bush.

RIP  An uncompromising woman with a passion for books and literacy.  The last of the old school, libertarian, pro choice, conservatives.  Wasn't afraid to criticize President Trump either...